• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hard Putters

jhol69

I am asking opinions on what people think to be the hardest plastic putter. I am asking this to as a study for a friend. I believe that when you bring temperature, humidity, and grip pressure into the picture it does alot with the consistency of the putt. For this reason we were discussing thhe hardest plastic putters. I put with proto d challengers(not team stamp but stamped in the area where the McCabes are signed). When I think this I immediately think ringers and cam todd challengers. I am aware that the most obvious choice is cam todd but i want to make a list. You may also be aware by reading this that I am prodominantly a discraft guy but ii am open to all opinions. When you answer please try to be as unbiased to your specific company(if you have one) as you can. Thanks for all the input guys. :popcorn:

Alot of gateway im gathering, what about discraft/innova?? i have heard 12x too. Thanks for the input guys.

i would idealy like it too be a tackier material...kind of shying away from cryztal and champion type material.

i've got a glow in the dark wizard that is in medium as well as a voodoo in medium plastic both well used and still as hard as there where when new.. but y would u want to put with something that is super hard.. they tend to spit or slide off the chains more... my preference is the SSS plastic or anything that grabs those chains

Last edited:
Softer putters don't go in more often, I think someone on DGR( assuming Blake) tested and debunked that theory a while ago, I think around a 5 or so (1-10) stiffness was optimal for catching discs.

i've felt some super hard gateway stuff, those Pro D Zeppelins are stiff too

Innova DX Bulldogs

Legacy protege Clutch

Latest posts