• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Harp - Kannel

I love the combo BT hard and TP, the hard seems to beat in quite fast, it's newer than TP but already less OS. If I need the strong fade and skip I'll just throw the TP instead.
Soon getting a crazy pretty 2X Origio Harp so I'll come back with some feedback.

My tourney harp is perfect now. The plastic is staying firm enough during summer temps. Stability is right when I need a meaty hook approach shot to the basket. And as a bonus mine is a swirl like green that looks money.

I have a new penny colored TP Harp that is similar. Durable, OS and it feels great. Especially in the warmer weather. I can't throw it in the fall, but right now it's perfect.

BT Hard Harps have been a game changer for me. I was never really comfortable with FH shots but these things have me as accurate within 200' as I am with my wizards backhand. Definitely takes a few strokes off a round.

Hards are perfect throwing putters.

The plastic is near perfect baseline.

I keep one beat to around straight and one fresh and OS. Even the beat one has excellent HSS and is trustworthy when the wind is up.

Perfect compliment to a stack of Rocs and stack of Wizards.

Damn DGC added some sweet TP Burst Harps tonight. So weak. But I always wanted to try a premium Harp, so no harm done.

Damn DGC added some sweet TP Burst Harps tonight. So weak. But I always wanted to try a premium Harp, so no harm done.

Yes, they do look awesome. My wallet screamed, so I didn't pull the trigger and buy one... or a bunch. Let us know how the TP Harp works for you.

Those burst ones look hot, wish they did they retro burst though.

Do Harps puddletop? If so I might make the change from Rhynos to keep my putter feel the same. I've heard that BT Softs stay OS longer than the rest of the BT lineup, so how does a BT Soft compare to a VIP or TP Harp or Champ Rhynos in terms of stability?

I wouldn't say that many start with much of a puddle top, and the VIP can even have the mildest of domes.

The BT Soft can have a very slight puddle top, and will eventually clover some that it will have spots where a puddle top happens.

The only Harps I've seen with a true puddle top are the Mega Soft, and those are now OOP.

I think as far as stability goes, the VIP and BT Soft are most OS, TP next and then BT Medium and Hard.

The Soft gets warped and will look like an old boot fairly quickly, but I've had the same two since the first run and they don't fly any different.

Med and Hard scuff badly but don't warp as much, but as they beat in they can develop some mild turn and lose some fade.

TP and VIP look the same virtually forever, but can beat in to essentially be a no turn and mild ish fade disc. A lot like an Envy after a while, though maybe a Tick more LSS.

All the flavors of Harps are great. My only regret for them is that we didn't get an Elasto run before that plastic got killed.

Oh yeah, it's faster and more Os than a Rhyno.

Do Harps puddletop? If so I might make the change from Rhynos to keep my putter feel the same. I've heard that BT Softs stay OS longer than the rest of the BT lineup, so how does a BT Soft compare to a VIP or TP Harp or Champ Rhynos in terms of stability?

I find the HSS best on the VIP. To me the VIP is the most OS, all Harps I've had are Flat top, no dome whatsoever. BT Hards seem 'thinner' than the rest, but still OS, a little zippier maybe. The BT Soft is flat but does puddle a little and actually feels great. Its still OS but I don't think its nearly as OS as the VIP or even TP, but of the BT plastics its about the same or a little more. Its a nice disc, I like it, but prefer the Harp or VIP but that's just my preference ;)

Recently started throwing the harp in BT hard plastic, any feedback on premium plastics?? Tourney, vip?

I have Harps in BT Hard and Tourney (TP) plastics. The TP discs skip more when hitting the ground than the BT Hards will. TP also has a little bit more glide, but we're not talking a lot, there.

I like medium Harps. They hold up just fine for putter drives and approach shots. I have been using the same one for at least a year with no noticeable decrease in stability. And most of my rounds are in the woods.

I have tried premium putters but prefer baseline(ish) for any disc that may be thrown at less than full power.

Yes, Elasto/Fluid/Frost is dead. I liked them but must have been the only one.

My Frost Bolt was awesome until I started overpowering it. I also had a Frost River that was unpredictable for me, but when I got it right, it was amazing. An Elasto Harp would be possibly the most OS Harp. I may have to swap to Harps now.

Just scored a Ricky 2x Moonshine Harp. Nice and flat. VERY OS for a harp (not beefy Zone OS, but very OS). SKips nicely. Excellent Harp to pair with a 4x Roc.

Attachments

• 2x4x.jpg
    2x4x.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts