• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Harp - Kannel

I find the lack of Harp love in these forums disturbing.

Eh, I throw the Harp, it does what it is supposed to do. No fuss, no muss, no drama.

Gotta get them in the Zone!

Its funny I picked up a couple Zones to try and replace my Harps. I generally prefer non-beaded and with all the comparisons and Zone love I figured they would be perfect for me and I have to say just not a fan.

Partly seemed the Zone with softer plastic retained the OS a lot more and required more power to get the same shots I put on the BT Harps. The firmer plastic Zone behaved when thrown like the BTs but I wanted the softer plastic for upshots and to stick better. I then really prefer the consistency of driving with the VIP Harp as I was getting much more length from the VIP Harp vs the Zone. I really gave the Zone a decent try but ended up going back to the Harp.

As far as the questions about BT vs VIP? I started with a BT Medium and loved it. Picked up a Hard and Soft to compare. They all stay pretty OS but gain glide very quickly vs the VIP. I hit rocks and trees quite a bit with them and the Medium and Soft behave pretty similar. The soft has taken a lot of abuse and after quickly getting a bit straight has settled into a very reliable flight. I prefer the soft, but that is because I use it as the main approach disc and need something that will stick and not bounce on hills a lot. It has retained enough OS that I can give it a nice nose up anny release for controlled upshots.
The VIP has really retained its OS well and flys damn near the same as brand new. It does seem to like staying in the air longer than the crystal FLX zone which felt plastic wise close to the VIP.
I use the VIP as basically an OS midrange. The BT soft as an approach.

I can't stand Rocs, but I really enjoy the Harp. I prefer VIP, I'm not really a baseline thrower

I can't stand Rocs, but I really enjoy the Harp. I prefer VIP, I'm not really a baseline thrower

Rocs and Harps feel SO alike. And fly very alike. And season and cycle very alike.

So that is a weird statement.

I do not like rocs at all but live harps also. I agree they're similar in a lot of ways, just don't like rocs or Innova at all. Anyway gotta have baseline plastics.

I do not like rocs at all but live harps also. I agree they're similar in a lot of ways, just don't like rocs or Innova at all. Anyway gotta have baseline plastics.

BT Hard Harps paired with KC Rocs are just magic. If you like stiff baseline.

Rocs and Harps feel SO alike. And fly very alike. And season and cycle very alike.

So that is a weird statement.

I havent had any board flat rocs in that sweet sweet swedish polyurethane yet. Besides, the Harp seems a little bit more overstable and a Roc

I havent had any board flat rocs in that sweet sweet swedish polyurethane yet. Besides, the Harp seems a little bit more overstable and a Roc

There are LOTS of flat Rocs out there.
Maybe not Swedish ones, but the two companies have equivalent plastics, more or less.
Both are a similar profile with a bead, and similar rim depth.
Both start as straight-to-fade fast putters/slow mids.
Harps are shorter and more OS to start, and that is exactly what makes them pair up so damn well with Rocs.

Harps are much more flat than Rocs, and that makes a difference. The Roc3 is flat (especially in Star plastic), and while I don't love the Roc3 grip, I can live with it. The Harp is still more comfortable, not really sure why, but it is.

I prefer Tournament Plastic (TP) Harps the most, but VIP and BT Hard are good, too.

Harps are much more flat than Rocs, and that makes a difference.

Are they really?

Are they more flat that flat-top DX and KC Rocs (that you can buy all over the place)? No.

Are they flatter than 2004 and 2005 USDGC Glow Rocs? Not really.

Are they flatter than CE Rocs or the 2001 Remakes? No. No they are not.

Its funny I picked up a couple Zones to try and replace my Harps. I generally prefer non-beaded and with all the comparisons and Zone love I figured they would be perfect for me and I have to say just not a fan.

Partly seemed the Zone with softer plastic retained the OS a lot more and required more power to get the same shots I put on the BT Harps. The firmer plastic Zone behaved when thrown like the BTs but I wanted the softer plastic for upshots and to stick better. I then really prefer the consistency of driving with the VIP Harp as I was getting much more length from the VIP Harp vs the Zone. I really gave the Zone a decent try but ended up going back to the Harp.

As far as the questions about BT vs VIP? I started with a BT Medium and loved it. Picked up a Hard and Soft to compare. They all stay pretty OS but gain glide very quickly vs the VIP. I hit rocks and trees quite a bit with them and the Medium and Soft behave pretty similar. The soft has taken a lot of abuse and after quickly getting a bit straight has settled into a very reliable flight. I prefer the soft, but that is because I use it as the main approach disc and need something that will stick and not bounce on hills a lot. It has retained enough OS that I can give it a nice nose up anny release for controlled upshots.
The VIP has really retained its OS well and flys damn near the same as brand new. It does seem to like staying in the air longer than the crystal FLX zone which felt plastic wise close to the VIP.
I use the VIP as basically an OS midrange. The BT soft as an approach.

Zone's aren't OG Harps. DGA Breakers are OG Harps. If you like the feel of a beadless disc, the shallowness of the Breaker's rim, compared to the Harp, really hides the bead.

BT Hard Harps paired with KC Rocs are just magic. If you like stiff baseline.

I wish j didn't have a predisposition to disliking Innova plastic (it's from throwing it,not just because I chose not to) I did throw one roc that I enjoyed playing around with, however I didn't like it as much as my Wasp/Buzzz. I do wish (and you can confirm by reading Wasp Throwers thread) that they'd gives us X and JB Wasps. And esp I'd like to know the joys of super grippiness while throwing a Wasp, swedish plastic is beginning to win me over on everything I try (and I don't wanna give my mids up so honestly I'm scared to try the EMac truth and the verdict because I know that lucid and fuzion plastic would take it in a second.

Are they really?

Are they more flat that flat-top DX and KC Rocs (that you can buy all over the place)? No.

Are they flatter than 2004 and 2005 USDGC Glow Rocs? Not really.

Are they flatter than CE Rocs or the 2001 Remakes? No. No they are not.

I feel the burn settling slowly as I read this LOL

2x Ricky Glow Harp is Zones overstable. It is a beast.
WANT.

I ditched my Harps to go back to Zones because I couldn't find a Harp that was as OS as a Zone. Since I putt with Judges, I like the feel of the Harp in my hand for any putting motion-type approach shots.

Where did you pick these up?

Latest posts