• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Harp - Kannel

I prefer premiums, specifically VIPs. Baseline only has a place in my bag for inside the circle duties. It's not a good option for throwers IMO

To me it's more about what it does when it hits the ground.

I carry either a VIP or a TP and use them if I want some skip. BT Soft it it needs to stick. Is gotten me many birds on 200-250 holes by sticking by the post.

My love for the BT Hard Harp is that it's not super overstable. It has a perfect amount of HSS, forehand or backhand, that it doesn't flip regardless of the wind. It's always just dead straight with fade. It also always manages to stick where it lands or roll a bit towards where it's fading, getting me closer to the basket.

I bag a beat and fresh one and pick one depending on how strong of a fade I need. The HSS always is the same.

Just got an upthrown tournament stamp burst Harp at PIAS in the $5.99 bin. How do I know which burst plastic this one is? I'm not too well versed in trilogy discs post 2014. It is very stiff and feels closer to a baseline grippy plastic. BT Hard Burst vs whatever Origio Burst is?

It's from the 2018 Sheboygan Pickle Open discs with a sweet america colored stamp.

Just got an upthrown tournament stamp burst Harp at PIAS in the $5.99 bin. How do I know which burst plastic this one is? I'm not too well versed in trilogy discs post 2014. It is very stiff and feels closer to a baseline grippy plastic. BT Hard Burst vs whatever Origio Burst is?

It's from the 2018 Sheboygan Pickle Open discs with a sweet america colored stamp.

At first I thought you were saying that it was a Tournament Burst Harp, and then asking us what plastic it is. Haha.

I probably can't determine which plastic it is (Hard Burst or Origio Burst) without handling it, since they look very similar to me. I don't think it will matter too much anyway. Origio Burst supposedly beats in somewhat faster, but the two plastics behave the same to me.

At first I thought you were saying that it was a Tournament Burst Harp, and then asking us what plastic it is. Haha.

I probably can't determine which plastic it is (Hard Burst or Origio Burst) without handling it, since they look very similar to me. I don't think it will matter too much anyway. Origio Burst supposedly beats in somewhat faster, but the two plastics behave the same to me.

I plan to beat the snot out of it regardless, was just hoping an easy to tell the actual plastic. So much harp love exists for a reason.

Scratch your fingernail on the inside of the rim. Shows a scuff it's Origio and if it's TP it won't.

Scratch your fingernail on the inside of the rim. Shows a scuff it's Origio and if it's TP it won't.

Did you mean BT Hard instead of TP? Because I believe BT and Origio are what he can't differentiate just by looking at and feeling.

Just a heads up. There are some amazing looking hybrid harps up on l64custom

Has anyone thrown such a hybrid harp yet?
I would be really interested if they are as flat as the decodye tournament ones. I like those but hate VIP Harps because the VIPs i saw are not as flat :/

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Seems to be a Mix of Lucid and Fuzion (Opto and Gold, VIP and Tournament), closer to the Lucid side of things

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I'm looking to buy a harp for driving. I'm leaning towards VIP but I don't know what weight to get. What do you guys like?

I'm looking to buy a harp for driving. I'm leaning towards VIP but I don't know what weight to get. What do you guys like?

The ideal weight of a disc is a personal and individual thing, like which putter to use. If you like max weight discs, go for that. If you like your discs in the upper 160s, go for that...

I like my TP better than the VIP because they mold flatter, but that's just me. Both are great and I've got and will occasionally bag both. The weight is all relative, I like heavier because the life cycle is longer.

Not much talk about these anymore since Ricky left Lat64, but they finally ran these in the -X plastic. They're VIP-X Glimmer, and they're almost sold out 30 minutes after they went on sale

8720-2T.jpg

Those are sexy, I still always have one or two ITB. Threw it before Rick did and still am after.

He's throwing that Pig well, but if he could take one trilogy disc with him I'd bet the Harp would be it.

As good as they are and as long as they have been around it may still be underrated.

Threw it before Rick did and still am after.

Yup, same.

But I stick to Medium Harps because I like approach discs nice and grippy. Besides, it takes quite a while before I notice much of a change in how the Harp flies.

In all the years I have thrown Harps I think I lost one, retired one because it lost stability, and I'm still throwing the third one.

I grabbed a blue one because the blue glimmer has been so cool looking when I have seen them in wild

Yup, same.

But I stick to Medium Harps because I like approach discs nice and grippy. Besides, it takes quite a while before I notice much of a change in how the Harp flies.

In all the years I have thrown Harps I think I lost one, retired one because it lost stability, and I'm still throwing the third one.

I have at least one in all plastics but Moonshine, usually carry a soft and either a medium or TP. The one hard one I had is actually the straightest, but i have never beaten one to the point of being unusable.

Latest posts