• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Still waiting on tracking information. I was told mine would go out today.
Can't wait to try this thing out, but I hope it's not a case of overhype.

It sucks I am in the UK so can't really get phone calls :(

I just picked up a used Prodiscus bag. I love my Mahal but there is some pretty good innovation in the Prodiscus bag as well. Rides higher on my back, more pockets for storage.

I will never sell my Mahal though. Such a great bag

Just found out the Facebook special Mahals (at least mine) still haven't shipped because they had a large military order that needed to ship. Hard to be made at that, though.

It's not over hyped. It's a great bag and there is nothing else like it. Especially at this discounted price.

Not overhyped at all. It's the best bag that's marketed to disc golfers. It might be disputed whether it's the best disc golf bag, but even if you don't keep it for dg, you can keep it for backpacking.

It is definitely not overhyped. Frankly I didn't realized it was all that hyped in the first place. I have read this entire thread and no one is overselling it. It is exactly as described: a solid comfortable good looking bag with lots of storage and lots of versatility. The only issue I have experienced is that it tends to tip somewhat easily; which I have remedied - like may others on here - with a cheap pvc frame.

I will never sell my Mahal though. Such a great bag

Agreed. I've considered selling it but its so versatile that I will always want to have it for the options.

Not overhyped at all. It's the best bag that's marketed to disc golfers. It might be disputed whether it's the best disc golf bag, but even if you don't keep it for dg, you can keep it for backpacking.

I haven't played a round with my Mahal since I got my 2nd Run Contender, but I have used it a dozen times as a backpack/suitcase/toolbox. I'm sure I will start using it again once the weather gets colder and I start carrying more layers of clothing.

Got my GM in today. The only thing that surprises me is how low into the bag the discs rest. There's a good 3-4 inches from the top of the discs to lowest point of the opening. I suppose this is part of the reason why people use frames.

Has anyone tried to use the free floating frame used in current GB bags, that is, just two PVC pipes? Seems the easiest way to do it--if it works.

Got my GM in today. The only thing that surprises me is how low into the bag the discs rest. There's a good 3-4 inches from the top of the discs to lowest point of the opening. I suppose this is part of the reason why people use frames.

Has anyone tried to use the free floating frame used in current GB bags, that is, just two PVC pipes? Seems the easiest way to do it--if it works.

I'm sure it would work. I didn't try it because of the noticeable wear it creates on my silver back and don't want that to happen on my mahal.

Personally I like how low the discs sit. It allows me to put discs/birdie bags/towels on top of the discs, and still be able to put it on my back and move around without it falling free or coming out.

Personally I like how low the discs sit. It allows me to put discs/birdie bags/towels on top of the discs, and still be able to put it on my back and move around without it falling free or coming out.

Or, you can have a secret stash under your discs...

I put a couple 1x9.5 inch pipes at the bottom and it's working well so far.

Dayum guys, this pack is seriously awesome. It's just an all around great pack. I live in Downtown Knoxville and my recycling was getting full, so I packed like 50ish Beer bottles into that sucker to walk them down to the recycling center. This pack rides so well that it was like nothing. I actually felt great after I got back. So, two thumbs way up to mystery ranch for making a great product. Just wanted to share my story lol

Dayum guys, this pack is seriously awesome. It's just an all around great pack. I live in Downtown Knoxville and my recycling was getting full, so I packed like 50ish Beer bottles into that sucker to walk them down to the recycling center. This pack rides so well that it was like nothing. I actually felt great after I got back. So, two thumbs way up to mystery ranch for making a great product. Just wanted to share my story lol

AWESOME.