• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Having fun in the garage, 50 putts from 20ft in 90 seconds

burnin4

Birdie Member
I was having some fun in the garage this weekend, decided to take a quick vid. I was curious to see how fast I could throw 50 of my putter's, lol. JK Aviars, Judges, Challengers, Ions, Rhyno's, Yeti's, Zone's, Wizards, and PA1&4's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29s7ds3K3Sg&feature=youtu.be

^I zip tied my chains to an inner ring and ran string thru them to pull them tight, creating a much smaller target for my discs to hit. It's my ghetto Bullseye basket, but it works.

That's definitely a good work out, had to walk that one off. I try to throw 200+ per day, but not for speed, haha. Anyway, hope it was worth your time!

I can bank shot them like no other, haha! The corner makes it easier to collect all my misses. My garage floor is marked off at 20ft and 25ft in a few different areas, try to throw 150-200 putts per day, 1,000+ per week.

Very nice set up... Anyone that owns 50 putters is serious about their short game.. That must really help your scores...

^yep, my player rating jumped about 30pts in 1 year after focusing on field work and garage putting, night and day difference.

Nice...thats a good range to shoot from. I really need to practice my putts from inside the circle. I though I was going a bit overboard by having ten putters, but fifty somhow sounds logical now!

Good idea. I always look at my practice basket in the back yard and say to myself, "I need to go practice."
Unfortunately, the only time I touch it is when I'm cutting the grass and need to move it...

i see a bunch of different putters there. I guess its good practice for the putting motion but seems like it could mess you up also, especially with the follow-through and release. I only practice with the same putter with all the same weight. Even looking at the discs you have, judge, avair, ryno (i think that pink says ryno) i mean those feel very different in the hand. I think i see some beadless also mixed with judges which are beaded.

Do you do this often? I went to a clinic with Chris Sprague, and he talked about practicing all sorts of shots in this sort of rapid-fire way. Just wondering if you saw benefits in it, and what they might be.

i see a bunch of different putters there. I guess its good practice for the putting motion but seems like it could mess you up also, especially with the follow-through and release. I only practice with the same putter with all the same weight. Even looking at the discs you have, judge, avair, ryno (i think that pink says ryno) i mean those feel very different in the hand. I think i see some beadless also mixed with judges which are beaded.

Yes, I have all sorts of putter's but I only putt with soft Judges and JK Aviar's, and I have 12 each of them. I use rhyno's and Zone's for FH upshots, and I've managed to keep 2 of every other putter that I like (Wizards, Ion's, Doss Challanger's, other). It definitely feels strange putting with my champ rhyno's and Zone's after throwing a handful of Judge's. this vid was more for fun then anything.

Do you do this often? I went to a clinic with Chris Sprague, and he talked about practicing all sorts of shots in this sort of rapid-fire way. Just wondering if you saw benefits in it, and what they might be.

No, I do not practice putting for speed, haha! However, I practice from different positions and distances almost everyday. I wouldn't recommend practicing speed putting, I'd rather focus on good mechanics and becoming comfortable with what works for you.

As far as the video goes, I basically wanted to throw 50 putter's at my basket from 20ft and see how many I could make in the shortest reasonable time, for fun.

I like your idea for bringing in the chains closer together. I'll have to give that a try.

I was stating that when you "build a shot" with the proper mechanics that you can repeat it over and over in a rapid fire fashion. The ability to repeat a shot over and over is a by-product of good mechanics. Not necessarily something I would use for training purposes.

Take care.