• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Heading South and East (IA,MO,TN,LA,MS,AL,GA,NC,SC,KY)

I just left Mobile, currently sitting outside of Pensacola. Playing with Heathen in the morning at Pirates Cove and Gator Links, and hopefully Blue Angel with who-dat tomorrow or Wednesday. Then I may take a day off, or at least half a day, it's been one wonderful nonstop week of DG with a Tourney and some league tosses thrown in.

I did win a doubles round yesterday morning, I ain't complaining :D. Placed 13th at the Pot of Gold (MA1), Middle of the pack - I'm happy with that, better than dead last where I've been in the last few tourneys. If only I could make any putts outside of 15'....

If you get here by Friday we might be playing flyboy aviation that day if you're interested :)

Haha well,I have a friend who's currently on spring break and I've been bragging to him about how wonderful flyboy is so we really wanted to get up there this week.

I talked to Kelly(The owner) earlier today and he said he won't be there,but the course pro Brad will,if you haven't read any of the stuff about it on the forums lately,you have to have a guide to play there now.

It's a long course,will take at least four hours to finish,probably closer to five,and we would start pretty early in the day,probably around 10,so we'd have to leave Columbus around 8(depending on if you were to stay in Columbus on thursday)i'll know for sure by Wednesday.

If this is something you are interested in,you could get in Columbus on thursday and there is Flat Rock Park DGC & Also a 9-holer out at Fort Benning.

PM me if you have any questions at all

Yeah dude, I'm in for Flyboy if that's goin down, keep me updated.

Either way, I was planning on heading that direction if you want to play flat rock on Thursday/ish.

Will do,hopefully we can complete the ultimate disc golf combination and hit up both.

I sent you a PM on visiting Stoney Hill.

In it I surmised you'll be in this area this week. With a little advance notice, I can also guide you at Earlewood (Columbia, SC) during the workday, or arrange for someone to. Probably.

I'm looking forward to playing Stoney Hill for sure! I'll be playing Earlewood earlier in the day as well, sometime afternoon.

Currently I sit not too far outside of the IDGC, for a rest afternoon after 36 holes today (Nearly every day prior for the last 3 weeks has been 80-130 holes). Though my arm was killing me (I guess not literally killing me, unless I can die from the lack of sleep because of the pain), several days there, I'm nearing 100% again, I have a feeling I may need it tomorrow.

Will you be heading to Charleston on this visit? or are you just going to hit Columbia and then Charlotte?

I probably wont have time to make it to Charleston.

When I started it seemed like there was so much time to do whatever I wanted, now I seem pressed for time. Too many courses!

I hear you on that! Augusta is a great town to play in, between the City courses, The IDGC, and Hippodrome courses, it's almost to much! lol There is however, about 20 miles south east of you, a little town called Barnwell, SC. They have a little 9 holer, its small but a lot of fun. Hole #8 plays through a graveyard. (You can see it in the pics) It's just morbidly cool. You could play it in about 20-30 minutes. If you are interested, plus you can work your way back towards Columbia.

Fuller Park

Wish I could sneak over. It's close enough to tempt me, but far enough away that I need to plan for it. Earlwood is great, and I envy you on getting to play Stoney Hill!

Assuming you'll be playing Earlewood tomorrow---and with a retraction that I could guide you there during the day, as another commitment has been imposed upon me---heads up that the tee sign on #1 is missing. The instructions that it's behind the Rec center as invalid as well, as the building was razed this month. You'll find the #1 tee near the tennis courts, behind the newly-graded ground that looks like it may have once held a building.

My other Earlewood tip is that there are arrows on top of the baskets, pointing to the next tee. Not generally necessary, but in a pinch you'll find them helpful.

if you get in the upstate (clemsonish) hit me up would love to get a round in...got some great courses that range from 5 min - 1hr away

The Carolinas treated me very well, SC was a treat with warm sunny days and some wonderful DG, the highlight being an evening with DavidSauls at Stoney Hill. Charlotte was cool and wet (great weather as far as I'm concerned) Warmer than MN and these carolina folk are all Wimps! Pretty much everybody flaked out on me, but I didn't mind, I had every course to myself and I was able to crank out 8 Charlotte courses in a day, the past couple days have been recovery mode/prep for BG Am Champs, and I've been holding off to 3 or 4 courses a day.

Anyway, I'm on my way into Tennesse and should be in BG by Tomorrow Night.

I had the pleasure of getting in a couple of truly spontaneous rounds with Martin yesterday. He happened to be online when I noticed
he was leaving NC, without sampling the mountain courses and thinking all NC folks were wimps. An hour later with no warmup, he christened a new, very tight 300' addition to the gold layout by driving just past the basket.
It was impressive enough call it Martin's hole for the forseeable future. On hole 6 (the valley shot) he drove within 20' of the hole (best drive in the history of the course) and had several other memorable drives. Unfortunately, he encountered Sugaree's darkside on 4,15 and 17. Otherwise, he might have broken the course record.
After that we drove to Ashe County Park and had another fun round in the sushine with Forest aka the 5 star dog.

Wow, that's great that he got a chance to play Sugaree and Ashe County. I was wondering if he'd fit them into his route, knowing he's trying to get to Bowling Green.

Oh, and he tamed Stoney Hill pretty well, too---I figured he shot close a 1000-rated round, playing the course blind.

One day left, should be a full day of golf in Peoria.

By Thursday it's back in MN, and back to work this weekend.

Been one incredible journey, I've loved every minute of it. I'm looking forward to being back home for a while, but I'm sure the call of the road will lure me out again soon enough.