• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Heading to Colorado Springs...where should I play?

kpc2004

Double Eagle Member
I'm visiting family for Thanksgiving and (weather permitting) will be hitting at least one course to sneak a round or two in. What is the best course that I should check out? Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

Stay away from Cottonwood unless you like getting hit by discs. Widefield is a decent city park style course, but make the trip to Jellystone. It's just North of the Springs, but it's a touch of mountain golfing without having to go into the mountains. Plus, it's a really fun course! It's $5 to play, but worth it all day long!

Jellystone sounds cool but I can't find the course page for it. Any chance I could trouble you for a link to the course page?!

I second the Jellystone recommendation. I also really enjoyed the Course in Pueblo at the city park about 40 miles south of Colorado Springs. The courses in the Springs are ok but I enjoy those other two much more.

Thanks guys. I will try to get to Jellystone. Someone on facebook mentioned Sakuna Pines in Black Forest. Is that course any good?

I think Sakuna is off the grid right now, or at least, you either need permission or you have to know someone to get you on. It's private and just not open for all comers. I don't even know for sure if it survived the big fire last summer.

Yep, Sakuna is closed to all but a select few. Jellystone is awesome. Widefield is also set in a nice park. If you want to throw a really easy course, like, mids and putters only, you can go to Cumberland Green which is located in Fountain and is about a mile from Widefield. Good atmosphere there, but like I said, a really easy course.

Some people MIGHT tell you to go to Cottonwood but I advise avoiding it like the plague. Criss-crossing fairways, hoards of chuckers and oblivious parkgoers make it a harrowing round.

Be advised that Jellystone is pay to play, but the five dollar fee is more than worth it.

Here's their website: http://jellystonelarkspur.com/?page_id=132

Contact Fishy here on the forums and we can guide you and show you all the fun local routes.

Jellystone is a nice place, but if you're on the west side of Colorado Springs, think about driving out to Divide to check out Golden Bell Camp and Conference Center. It's about a half hour west of the springs. Depending on what side of town you'll be staying at, it can be about the same distance as Jellystone. Golden Bell is a lot more scenic, a lot more secluded, and with a lot more of a mountain disc golf vibe to it. Just call ahead of time to make sure they are open for play. I think it's a better course, with more "wow" holes.

Just beware: There's snow in them there mountains....

What day are you playing? I've been wanting to get back to Jellystone anyways.

I am probably playing on Friday. I was just getting on to ask about the snow conditions. How is it looking right now? Do they ever close the course for snow or does it stay open?

The snow should be ok at Jellystone. It's not up in the mountains, so it stays pretty clear.

Sadly, I'm working on Friday...