• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello from Lawrenceville, GA

SD86

Banned
Hi, I've been playing disc golf about five months now and am working on improving my game and getting a good bag. I'm 50 years old, 6'4" tall, long SLOW noodle arms, max drives about 300-320. I play almost every day and with an amateur group on weekends. I'm hoping to work up to play in local tournaments. My home course is Alexander Park in Lawrenceville, GA.

I throw mostly Innova plastic, but have expanded to MVP and Dynamic Discs plastic and a couple of Discraft discs here and there. Anything else you want to know, just ask.

Dude I'm 44 and I don't know if I've reached 300' yet. Only been at it for a few weeks though.

Alexander Park sounds great, I'd like to check it out sometime.

If you haven't checked out Disc Stalker, stop by there at some point :thmbup:

If you haven't checked out Disc Stalker, stop by there at some point :thmbup:

Been there a few times, bought some discs, turned in some that I found (they're good about calling lost disc owners). They usually have a decent selection of all the good brands.

Welcome. I'm a 6'1 noodle arm noob at 51 and I think I could die happy if I could get consistent 320 ft drives. :doh:

Oh, and I already felt silly enough to play in a local tourney. It was lots of fun. Definitely recommended. At the time I thought it might have been more fun had I played better and not finished DFL in the rec division... now I'm kinda glad I bagged that DFL. And I hope to never do it again. :thmbup:

im in Seneca, SC so just across the border.. if you ever want to play just give me a shout! i get down to your kneck of the woods every few months to play Mulberry and Alexander .. we have some terrific courses around here if you ever make it up i can show you around :thmbup:

I was down in that area over Easter break. There's some nice courses there! I played Alexander Park and Little Mulberry Park. Met some cool guys at both courses. I'm the same height and build but 36 yrs old. Keep practicing putting, approaches, forehand, backhand and a little overhand never hurts. Alexander has a few holes where you can open it up! All the trees at Little Mulberry will force you to shape your shots and help your mid game. I disced down to mids and putters when I played there.

Good luck and hit me up if you're ever in MI and want to play my course :)

222822_g.jpg

I was down in that area over Easter break. There's some nice courses there! I played Alexander Park and Little Mulberry Park. Met some cool guys at both courses. I'm the same height and build but 36 yrs old. Keep practicing putting, approaches, forehand, backhand and a little overhand never hurts. Alexander has a few holes where you can open it up! All the trees at Little Mulberry will force you to shape your shots and help your mid game. I disced down to mids and putters when I played there.

Good luck and hit me up if you're ever in MI and want to play my course :)

222822_g.jpg

Looks good, and if I get to MI, I'll look it and you up.

Alexander Park is great. I only live a few miles away and I play there very frequently. Some holes are good for testing drivers and comparing, other holes are wooded and require accuracy. Turtles abound, and of course that six foot snake that slid right in front of me is an added attraction.

I'm not a big fan of Little Mulberry. They need to actually create "fairways" on some of the holes, i.e removed some trees so there is actually a path to throw down. the 850-foot hole is fun, but there are no other holes to "grip it and rip it", so I have to bring a disc just for that hole that I don't use on any other...

im in Seneca, SC so just across the border.. if you ever want to play just give me a shout! i get down to your kneck of the woods every few months to play Mulberry and Alexander .. we have some terrific courses around here if you ever make it up i can show you around :thmbup:

Sounds good. I'd love to play some of the courses up there and between here and there.