• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Help with my bag (im a new mvp/axiom lover)

DavidHedvin

Bogey Member
Hello experts!

I come from Sweden, and then of course played with Trilogy, but after seeing all the threads, comments, and videos from here and youtube, I have now bought a whole bag mvp / axiom.

I want some help with what you think of Tesla vs Wrath. Which should i put out? Below you have my bag and all tips are welcome.

Besides, I've only played with MVP / axiom 1-2månader and not been able to test so much. And as many other here, i dont want too much molds and overlaps :):thmbup:

Putting Putter:
Pure Zero Hard

Throwing Putter:
Neutron Soft Proxy
Neutron So4ft Envy
Electron Atom

Midranges:
Neutron Theory
Neutron Aliases
neutron Tensor
Proton Matrix
DD Lucid Justice

Fairway Drivers:
Neutron Crave
Proton Voltage
Plasma Voltage
Neutron Voltage
Fission Voltage
Neutron Shock

Distance Drivers:
Proton Inertia
Proton Inertia
Neutron Wrath
fission Telsa
Neutron Tesla
Neutron Fireball
fission Photon
fission Photon
Neutron Photon
Proton Octane
Neutron Nitro

From what I've gathered, wrath is pretty darn close to a longer crave. Tesla is very similar to a PD, in that they start out straight with substantial fade but are great seasoned. Aim For The Chains is rocking a Tesla cycle of at least 4, maybe 5 and says he loves it as a control driver. Tesla is good for those who like to have a couple discs of the same mold in varying stabilities.
Wrath is MikeC's go-to distance driver, and as a "longer crave", is very shapable. Starts out with a respectable fade but not as strong as a Tesla, but seasons in to a disc with minimal turn and minimal fade. It's a good disc for those who just like to have one disc that can "do it all"-hyzer, straight, anhyzer with a mild flex, etc. Both great molds. Teslas don't like to be thrown very far until they're well seasoned, and then develop a good bit more glide. Tesla will probably be the better "control driver", but depending on how far you throw, you may see some overlap between a Tesla cycle and your many volts.
What I've seen is the crave/resistor class pairs up well with the Tesla class as the crave goes so freakin far and the teslas are more shapable with their high speed turn they develop. Volts are a brilliant mold, but again, based on how far you throw, there may be a good bit of overlap with Tesla/crave.

Last edited:
You need an Envy. Everyone who throws MVP needs an Envy.

Not knowing your throwing style, I also recommend trying a Relay.

You need an Envy. Everyone who throws MVP needs an Envy.

Not knowing your throwing style, I also recommend trying a Relay.
He's got a soft B envy right next to his soft N Proxy in the list
A relay, or really any US fairway, would be of good use for line shaping

Not gonna lie... I had to google "månader." lol OH! Months! :D

MVP/Axiom is actually made about 2 hours away from my home, so I have to be a fan. :D

I'm surprised to not see an Ion in the mix. One of the straightest flying, longest putters I've ever thrown. In fact, I used to use it as a midrange. Soooo much glide it's insane!

I also agree with bsammons about getting a good understable fairway for shot shaping. The Amp is alright, but I find it to be too unreliable. It doesn't seem consistent to me. (however, that's likely more my fault than the disc) For an understable MVP/Axiom fairway, I really like the Switch. It's not super flippy and won't turn all the way over like an Amp (Amp likes to go full roller on me) but it also has a very mild fade. Pretty much, it holds the angle you put it on for an anhyzer and just barely comes back to flat at the finish. If you put it on a bit of hyzer, it will flip up flat and ride a straight line to the ground. Good stuff.

I have an "off bag" that I throw for fun sometimes that's all MVP/Axiom;
Envy
Ion
Vector
Matrix
Switch
Volt
Insanity
Inertia
Wave
Catalyst
Defy

The relay is one of the best new US molds from MVP or axiom that they make. It would pair up very well with your volts. I use the volt/relay fairway combo and bag a tesla/virus for faster OS/US control-fairway type shots as well. My faster volt/tesla are the photon/defy and fot max D i use the catalyst/octane.

Do you really need the 5 mids? Try to take a couple out and see if you miss them. Most stable drivers can handle truly OS lines at even midrange distances. Stable/Understable are the most important mid type molds IMO.

With fission teslas and photons you can cover any stability needed with both molds from very OS to US. Proton/neutron heavy wts are OS while sub 155g fissions can be US and a mix inbetween.

Volts do not change the same way in fission plastic and seem to fly true regardless of wt for the most part.

From what I've gathered, Volt is pretty darn close to a longer crave. Tesla is very similar to a PD, in that they start out straight with substantial fade but are great seasoned. Aim For The Chains is rocking a Tesla cycle of at least 4, maybe 5 and says he loves it as a control driver. Tesla is good for those who like to have a couple discs of the same mold in varying stabilities.
Wrath is MikeC's go-to distance driver, and as a "longer crave", is very shapable. Starts out with a respectable fade but not as strong as a Tesla, but seasons in to a disc with minimal turn and minimal fade. It's a good disc for those who just like to have one disc that can "do it all"-hyzer, straight, anhyzer with a mild flex, etc. Both great molds. Teslas don't like to be thrown very far until they're well seasoned, and then develop a good bit more glide. Tesla will probably be the better "control driver", but depending on how far you throw, you may see some overlap between a Tesla cycle and your many volts.
What I've seen is the crave/resistor class pairs up well with the Tesla class as the crave goes so freakin far and the teslas are more shapable with their high speed turn they develop. Volts are a brilliant mold, but again, based on how far you throw, there may be a good bit of overlap with Tesla/crave.

FTFY :)

Defy>Wrath

Having thrown all four, volt has absolutely zero turn, while crave and Wrath definitely do show some turn. Defy seems like a longer Volt to me, while Wrath seems like a longer Crave. Regardless, the differences are quite subtle and they're all darn good molds

Having thrown all four, volt has absolutely zero turn, while crave and Wrath definitely do show some turn. Defy seems like a longer Volt to me, while Wrath seems like a longer Crave. Regardless, the differences are quite subtle and they're all darn good molds

The Defy is straighter, and for longer, than any Wrath/Tesla I've thrown. Great driver...why no love for it here?

The Defy is straighter, and for longer, than any Wrath/Tesla I've thrown. Great driver...why no love for it here?
Maybe I got an oddball OS Defy. Been trying to season the thing for a month (hyzer spikes, another guy with a massive FH throwing into trees, lots of field work and tree hits) and it's a laser beam for 350 then fades and does so commandingly, no matter how hard I throw it. Crave goes further than the Defy for me. 168 N
Also should have corrected myself, the Defy basically is a wide rimmed volt to me. And I throw DD's over 400 consistently. I'm no cannon but I'm no noodle arm either

Last edited:
Thanks for all the good answers :).

I bought some new discs today, what do you think of the bag now?

Bought: Amp, Inertia, Insanity, Inspire

Few questions:

* Insanity vs Inertia, How similar are they?
* Should i bag Fission Tesla and N Tesla instead of a Wrath? Or just keep the Wrath and kick out tesla.
* Mvp Amp, do you experts think it should have a spot in my bag, or is it just unnecessary?
* I have not thrown the Matrix yet and want to check with you guys, how OS is this midrange?

I dont want to much overlaps.

Putting Putter:
Pure Zero Hard

Throwing Putter:
Neutron Soft Proxy 175g
Neutron So4ft Envy 175g
Electron Atom (beat in, slightly us) 175g

Midranges:
Neutron Theory 175g
Neutron Alias 175g
Proton Matrix 175g
DD Lucid Justice (Utility Disc, very OS)

Fairway Drivers:
Neutron Inspire 172g (for US)
Neutron Crave 172g
Neutron Amp 170g
Proton Volt 171g
Plasma Volt 175g
Fission Volt 165g
Neutron Shock 170g

Distance Drivers:
Proton Inertia 172g
Proton Inertia 170g
Proton Insanity 170g (just ordered, wanted to try this)
Neutron Wrath 173g
Fission Telsa 163g
Neutron Tesla 168g
Neutron Fireball 172g
Fission Photon 166g
Fission Photon 169g
Neutron Photon 168g
Proton Octane 168g
Neutron Nitro 170

I think I will take out these:
*Neutron Tensor
* Fission Tesla
* Neutron Tesla

Hello experts!

I come from Sweden, and then of course played with Trilogy, but after seeing all the threads, comments, and videos from here and youtube, I have now bought a whole bag mvp / axiom.

I want some help with what you think of Tesla vs Wrath. Which should i put out? Below you have my bag and all tips are welcome.

Besides, I've only played with MVP / axiom 1-2månader and not been able to test so much. And as many other here, i dont want too much molds and overlaps :):thmbup:

Putting Putter:
Pure Zero Hard

Throwing Putter:
Neutron Soft Proxy
Neutron So4ft Envy
Electron Atom

Midranges:
Neutron Theory
Neutron Aliases
neutron Tensor
Proton Matrix
DD Lucid Justice

Fairway Drivers:
Neutron Crave
Proton Voltage
Plasma Voltage
Neutron Voltage
Fission Voltage
Neutron Shock

Distance Drivers:
Proton Inertia
Proton Inertia
Neutron Wrath
fission Telsa
Neutron Tesla
Neutron Fireball
fission Photon
fission Photon
Neutron Photon
Proton Octane
Neutron Nitro

The relay is one of the best new US molds from MVP or axiom that they make. It would pair up very well with your volts. I use the volt/relay fairway combo and bag a tesla/virus for faster OS/US control-fairway type shots as well. My faster volt/tesla are the photon/defy and fot max D i use the catalyst/octane.

Do you really need the 5 mids? Try to take a couple out and see if you miss them. Most stable drivers can handle truly OS lines at even midrange distances. Stable/Understable are the most important mid type molds IMO.

With fission teslas and photons you can cover any stability needed with both molds from very OS to US. Proton/neutron heavy wts are OS while sub 155g fissions can be US and a mix inbetween.

Volts do not change the same way in fission plastic and seem to fly true regardless of wt for the most part.

Whats your bag right now AIM? :)

Maybe I got an oddball OS Defy. Been trying to season the thing for a month (hyzer spikes, another guy with a massive FH throwing into trees, lots of field work and tree hits) and it's a laser beam for 350 then fades and does so commandingly, no matter how hard I throw it. Crave goes further than the Defy for me. 168 N
Also should have corrected myself, the Defy basically is a wide rimmed volt to me. And I throw DD's over 400 consistently. I'm no cannon but I'm no noodle arm either

Yep, Defy is laser straight with late fade. If you compare the Defy wing to Tesla/Wrath, the Defy looks less OS by design. I think the Defy glides better too.

How far do you throw each class? That would be very helpful in building a bag.
For me, I throw a little over 400 max. Ideal bag for me would be:
Proxy, envy
Axis, vector, theory
Resistor, Inspire, crave
Inertia (US control)
2x Defy/Tesla/Wrath/Photon (only one of these molds, OS control)
Nitro, Octane, Catalyst (max D)
And if it's windy 2x N wave for tailwind
Not that I have all these, but that's what my "ideal" bag would be. If you throw 100 feet further than I do then you obviously could work better with different discs, and if you throw 50 feet shorter then you would work better with different discs... really varies on how far you throw

Yeah, gotta try out an Ion at some point. It might be the best throwing premium putter shaped like a conventional putter (if you don't consider the curved inner rim).

I'm quite smitten with my N Insanity. Powered down I get easy s-curves, powered up hyzer flips for tight lines and flat for predictable turnovers. Versatile stable-understable driver for my 350' level arm speed. Let a guy borrow it the other day and he was trying to trade me for it like crazy. :D It pairs really well with my N Tesla, I like that a lot for straight to fade stuff and forehands. Photons have carved out a nice spot in my MVP bag, I have a beefy N for stiff headwinds, a 169 Proton and a Plasma fighting for stable-overstable distance. Love their workability, even the beefy one is manageable.

I second AIM on the mids. They don't make a great, really OS mid unless you find a domey Vector (Tensors suck, sorry) but they do make a terrific, slow, overstable utility driver in the Resistor. I've had three N Resistors in a couple of different weight ranges and they're great beefy tools. Your Alias and Matrix might overlap if the Matrix wasn't retooled to beef them up but I'm a fan of the Theory too. All of their mids are good, even if I don't like the Tensor.

I'd look into a Relay or Signal if your Amp isn't decidedly understable. I've been doing so much more work backhand with my Signal, been waiting a while for MVP to make us an easy flipper off the shelf for those roller lines and crazy turning left to right doglegs.

Latest posts