• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Here we go again..

wadpe

Par Member
2019 I have been stuck in my game for a while now, but I developed a forehand to have more opportunities to go around obstacles left-to-right and I generally prefer to aprouch basket with a forehand. I have posted the same stuff before but I would like to share some thoughts and what I have noticed through experimenting with throwing.

Experience: 1 year of playing | Beginner |
Throwing style: mainly RHBH (RHFW)
Distance: PUTT 150/200 MID 200/280 Drivers 280/320
Strengths: Forehand Aprouches

For aprouches I am usually going with a hyzer if that is possible. From drives off the Tee I am going for a straight shots or anhyzer so I can get the distance, but from under 250f I am probably going for a forehand hyzer. I am generally bad with anhyzers so I tend to avoid them.

What discs I play with:

S-line P2 175 - I like to putt with it even if it is a rare choice, but it's little heavy on the fade for most people. I also like it for touchy forehands. I only bag this putter because I feel like messing up if I throw different putters.

Millennium Ms Aurora 171 - It works well and it is almost my main disc now. If I throw it flat it will turn slightly but holds it, goes almost as far as my drivers.

Innova Savant - I like this for forehand aprouches, it is a nice stable driver. For most people it probably goes pretty straight but for me it is pretty stable. I rarely use the disc for Teeshots, but for reliable aprouches it becomes handy.

Dx Sidewinder - Super flippy and worn disc. I use it when I need the disc to flip and go right RHBH. With hyzer release it will pop up and flip, and it does not have much fade. I use it for a 300f annie hole and a 280f tunnel shot. On a 280f tunnel it goes really straight and has got me several birdies on that hole, so it is my goto for it.

Star Sidewinder - I have got nice distance with this disc, but I just don't feel that my power is consistent with this disc. Sometimes I get this disc to flip and it goes straight. It has some nice fade to it, it is a pretty new discs.

S-line FD 175 - Pretty average disc in all aspects, I rarely use it however. It shines when I happen to have a good day with a backhand. It is a nice fairway driver.

-

I probably have what most people are dealing with, I most likely throw too fast discs for my armspeed. I should be able to do most stuff with a midrange, it goes almost as far as my drivers. I am pretty happy with my aproach game, because I have really good angle-control. Most people I know tend to just release the disc flat. If I have the range I can thrust the hyzer angle to stop the disc close to basket very often. I also lean on the forehand because I have got rid of OAT, which makes me also able to throw understable stuff with a forehand.

Interesting discs I have tried:

Dx Birdie
Retro Pure
Champ Wraith

Birdie is too deep for most people but I like the feel of the thumtrack, I have big hands also so that helps. Maybe Rhyno??
Retro pure was nice but maybe only for driving. Wraith is the best feeling large-rim driver but it is too stable for my noodle-arms.

Guys with consistent 320f or 400f drives can you give me tips on how to improve, or stories how you learned to throw that far. Anyone above that is probably fine too. I would like to reach 320 consistently but I guess the only way is to progress slowly. I have already got like 30ft longer than last year so it is something.

Not giving advice on driving farther. Just wanted to say that your bag looks pretty good. The only disc that isn't very common is that Savant, but if you like it, keep rockin' it.

Practice with that FD... the FD is an outstanding mold, and once you get it down and get comfortable with it, I suspect you're going to love it.

That S line P2 is going to be a little more stable than other plastics. If you like the feel of that mold, I highly suggest trying a D or P line P2. It won't have nearly as hard as a fade, especially once it breaks in. Also, if you like throwing a FH putter, check out the P3X. It's a nice OS compliment to the P2. It's also slightly shallower in the hand.

You have some decent molds in your bag that a lot of people throw. From what it seems from your post, your biggest thing is getting consistent on your BH throws. Keep practicing that and you'll gain confidence, and eventually distance. Don't be afraid to spend a few days and just go to an open field and throw your discs and learn how they fly. This can sometimes be more beneficial than playing an actual round.

What I have trouble with is mostly driving, and I know where the problem lies for the most part in my backhand. I have trouble with having fully extended reachback. What I am used to is having my arm in a 45° angle when im pulling, so the disc flies about 280f but the release is "ok" for my skills. If you watch Simon Lizotte throwing backhand my reachback looks like what he has before he is actually reaching back fully. But if I try to reach back fully I think I am usually rounding, my timing is off (I mean I am not syncronised with my lower body) and I end up griplocking releasing the disc too late and it goes right and hyzers the release. My aproach game has been super since I don't have to throw full power, putting is still pretty weak but I am fairly confident from 15ft. 30feet is still a challenge for me.

I have been dreaming off ordering new discs so I have considered a D-line P2 or P-line P2. The S-line gets little too fadey when I try to putt from far away. I love DX plastic for grip but I would like my putters to not wear in very fast. P-line P2 would be the stiff version so it would also be more stable.

With midranges I have been leaning towards getti g a DX Roc because of the grip and brreaking it in for straighter flights. I have also looked towards an MF/CHAMP MD4 but that would be too meathook for my arms, also I love playing S-P2 for those overstable aprouches.

I met a +40 year old dude at the local course and he had a new Discmania Instict - driver. I liked the opto-plastic before and the disc felt good in hand, so I have considered buying one. Still, being said little more stable teebird is probably too fast for me, but it would be great in future if I happen to progress in my drives.

Lot's of stuff from me but thanks responses and suggestions.

You have some decent molds in your bag that a lot of people throw. From what it seems from your post, your biggest thing is getting consistent on your BH throws. Keep practicing that and you'll gain confidence, and eventually distance. Don't be afraid to spend a few days and just go to an open field and throw your discs and learn how they fly. This can sometimes be more beneficial than playing an actual round.

I have got some consistency with my RHBH now, I had issues with having full reachback, and rounding my shots when doing it. Now I've got my shoulders turned all the way and I've got more power with it. If I don't end up rounding my shot I have noticeably more power and can hit the lines better. I also had some doubts about my grip but the usual 4-finger powergrip works nicely as long as I am not rounding.

Some thoughts on my discs:

Star Sidewinder 175 - This disc has turned to be what I was looking for, With flat release it turns somewhat but does not burn. With very slight hyzer it pops up flat, if I happen to have a bit more power it turns slightly from hyzer and goes further. I would buy this disc again, it just reguires to have that bit of speed in a throw that I didn't have before, at least consistently. I feel that it is very similar to a Star Valkyrie I had, maybe a bit more understable. Both feel very good in my hand.

S-Line FD 170 - I've become to like this disc now that I have gained some consistency in my backhand. It definetly has some stability in it. With flat release it turns very slightly, but has that mellow fade to balance it. It really stays true to it's numbers, it does not swing right or left very much. There's a 280f slight uphill hyzer hole and I can reach it with slight hyzer release with this disc. Sure the disc will flip to straight from that but I don't have to fear flipping over this disc too much. It has some weird green swirl on the bottom of the disc, even if it was supposed to be an orange one. Maybe it was on sale -25% for that, bit it is totally worth it.

Innova Savant 175 - This is what I substitute a Teebird I lost, I don't throw it too often, but it comes out when I want to finish left with my backhand. It's a champion plastic one. I imagine the Star one also being a less stable Thunderbird for example.

Discmania D-line MD1 - My oldest disc, it's one of the first discs discmania actually sold. I didn't like this disc before but it definetly became handy when I had to turn over a 160-200f aproach.

Played some practice rounds and I birdied a par 4 twice, which was pretty rare (It's easy par4 it is 550f first shot 328f downhill and 2nd shot is a woodgap from sweetspot.) I usually have to settle for a par on that hole.

I'd need to concentrate more on my other stuff of my game, which is forehand/aprouches/putting. With forehand I believe my biggest issue was the grip. My hand naturally goes into a stacked grip, but I don't feel like having good release with it. I transferred into what people consider FH-powergrip, the middle finger is over the index finger. I feel confident with any disc with that one. I just don't feel confident going full power with forehand so I just use it for aprouches.

I am lacking stable midrange and I have considered buying one. Maybe not the most overstable ones but I have considered MD2, MD3 in a less overstable plastic than a glow-c, KC-Pro Roc, McPro Roc3, DX Roc. Maybe a new putter since I am the worst at putting, but maybe it's not about the disc only.

New discs.. I don't need new discs in my bag, also I am telling myself to not throw super-fast discs. I am good in the speed 7-10 range with my drivers, as I still don't have too much power, and that's what everyone recommends for a beginner. I would buy same mold with maybe different plastic:

Luster or regular C-line FD - I liked the regular C-line before so, it would be nice compliment to my S-line.
Star or Champ Sidewinder - Yeah at some point the one I have will become flippy and it doesn't hurt to have extra one.

So much text but I felt posting over when there was noticeable progress.

I bought 3 new discs so I got pretty hyped to try them out. I went with 3 latitude discs.

ZeroHard Dagger 175g - I like the feel for putting, this is the first "stiff" putter I would say. I were really confident putting from 25feet with this. It might be just a mental thing, "first day new putter" but I got really excited when I got a 25feet straddle behind a tree. Let's see how it goes in the following days.

- Opto Compass 173g
- Opto Explorer 175g I didn't throw these so much, but the compass is a stable midrange. It's also nice in my hand, I didn't like the Roc3 too much with the bead, also the Roc3 was clearly more stable. The explorer is definetly a stable fairway, I bought it to replace my lost Teebird so it has some of the same characteristics. I feel that I have to throw it a lot more to really learn it.

Rest of my bag right now:

D-line P1 - This has been with me 1-year and it still has some of that understable goodness. I feel that it's good for short straight shots when you don't need much power. A very good LayUp-disc.

S-line P2 - I might take off either throwing putter but this is still I nice aprouch disc, don't have to ever fear flipping this one.

Aurora Ms 171 - It's a straight, with a drive it will turn but holds its.

D-line MD1 - This is understable and will turn right with my backhand. I might just take one midrange out as I rarely use them.

Innova Savant 175g - I am starting to like this disc, it's not so much dome as with the explorer. Might overlap a bit with it tho so I am not sure if I should just bench either one. Also super nice for forehand.

Star Sidewinder 175g - It works well, with slight hyzer it flips straight. I felt off so I couldn't really turn it how I would like it.

S-line FD 170g - Simply love it.

DX Sidewinder - It's so beat-up might as well be retired. It's a potential flip-roller disc. It used to be a gimmick tunnelshot hyzerflip-diac but now I need to learn something else.

My drives didn't feel that good today, I felt like having 80% of what I could do. Last round I got -3 first four holes so it felt comfortable but I ended up messing +1 at the end of the round. I'd say I throw:

Putters 150/200 Mids 200/260 Fairways 270/300

It's estimate on flat surface, I'd say that a slight downhill hole that is 330f I can reach that with the FD and I don't feel like having to rip the shot. The same on 300f hole that is on the level woth the Teepad, I can reach it with the SW and it goes 30f long sometimes.

I am open for opinions and tips for drives, also stories with the explorer/compass and how they work for you guys.

I have found some solutions to be more consistent with RHBH, if I extend the arm entirely I can't really put the elbow into a proper angle and I end-up rounding my shot, I just keep my arm slightly angled and rotate the shoulders to have some reachback. Also standstills help with releasing the disc where I am aiming and I've got some speed with the pull. Superb for tunnel shots! I become to realise what being SMOOTH means, no need to rush with the reachback.

RHBH-angle control is pretty good. I just need to throw more forehands and putts.

My bag has stayed the same except:

Dagger has really tooked it's place as a putting putter, it will give me at least the confidence boost, sometimes that 20 footer downhill goodness.

Compass is really nice disc, really easy to throw and good in hand, also tolerates more spin than a seasoned MS.

Explorer feels pretty beefy, well it will become handy if there's a headwind, also it will probably get use if I lose one of my go-to drivers.

I had great casual-rounds today hope you have too!

Done some testing and starting to prefer certain discs:

ZeroHard Dagger 175 - I have skipped practice but it's still my putter.

S-line P2 175 - It has sweet stability to throw with some power, goes super straight. Not into a headwind tho. It is maybe beaten in a little.

Opto compass 173 - it's a nice disc for 280f hyzer, I like it better in hand than a Roc3. Little finicky in wind tho.

S-line FD 170 - My go-to "straight" disc for sure. On flat-release it goes easilly 300f and has minimal fade and turn.

C-line FD 175 - It's new and it's a backup, also 175 maxweight being little bit more stable, but it's also domey so I don't expect it to hold much headwind.

Savant 175 - Something little more stable than the FD but has a bit more speed to get that distance, also feels really good in a hand.

Opto Explorer 175 - It's a backup for the Savant but feels really beefy. I threw this into a strong headwind and it turned right but held it for 328. I expect it to have a really nice flight if I ever grow an arm for it.

Star Sidewinder 175 - It has some wear but it still has a gentle fade. The disc turns on a flat release but goes 320 on a turnover and 350 straight into a tailwind, but I am scared to throw this disc when there's any headwind which is common at the local course.

Champ Wraith 171 - It's new disc and I don't quite have the arm for it. I bought it mainly for headwind and for sidearm disc. I have tried to stay away from fast discs for the most part but wraith feels good in a hand.

Starting to like champion-plastic again, stars are still excellent for grip. Champs are nice for any dry or warm weather honestly.

Done some testing and starting to prefer certain discs:

ZeroHard Dagger 175 - I have skipped practice but it's still my putter.

S-line P2 175 - It has sweet stability to throw with some power, goes super straight. Not into a headwind tho. It is maybe beaten in a little.

Opto compass 173 - it's a nice disc for 280f hyzer, I like it better in hand than a Roc3. Little finicky in wind tho.

S-line FD 170 - My go-to "straight" disc for sure. On flat-release it goes easilly 300f and has minimal fade and turn.

C-line FD 175 - It's new and it's a backup, also 175 maxweight being little bit more stable, but it's also domey so I don't expect it to hold much headwind.

Savant 175 - Something little more stable than the FD but has a bit more speed to get that distance, also feels really good in a hand.

Opto Explorer 175 - It's a backup for the Savant but feels really beefy. I threw this into a strong headwind and it turned right but held it for 328. I expect it to have a really nice flight if I ever grow an arm for it.

Star Sidewinder 175 - It has some wear but it still has a gentle fade. The disc turns on a flat release but goes 320 on a turnover and 350 straight into a tailwind, but I am scared to throw this disc when there's any headwind which is common at the local course.

Champ Wraith 171 - It's new disc and I don't quite have the arm for it. I bought it mainly for headwind and for sidearm disc. I have tried to stay away from fast discs for the most part but wraith feels good in a hand.

Starting to like champion-plastic again, stars are still excellent for grip. Champs are nice for any dry or warm weather honestly.

Solid bag, and it sounds like you're getting comfortable, and therefore good, with them. Success breeds confidence; confidence breeds success... :thmbup:

Got unlucky and lost the S-line FD :( Well, it's not a surprise that it was my favorite flyer, usually those get used the most..

Like I planned I bought the C-line FD as a backup and it flies excactly in a similar line. I don't have the arm to turn it over for anhyzers but that is for future goal.

I hope someone returns the S-line one and I get to see the weird green swirl on the bottom of a orange disc. I didn't know that discmania does swirly S-line for the discount stock-runs :D

The best "odd" plastic I've seen is from Leo Piironen's in-the-bag video where he shows an old S-line PD which is transulent, imagine having an early star/champion hybrid!

Well other than that I've got few extra meters for my drives and I feel more comfy with the more stable discs, those come in handy because I usually have to deal with wind. If my bag has any holes, I'd say I need a backup for my star sidewinder, and another FD. Also a straight midrange, maybe a DX ROC since it would be OS new and it would season straight? Or MC-PRO ROC3 but that might be straight for more powerful players only

If anyone has tried a Luster FD I would be interested to try the plastic, wether it's more stiff or softer than regular C-line.

Got unlucky and lost the S-line FD :( Well, it's not a surprise that it was my favorite flyer, usually those get used the most..

Like I planned I bought the C-line FD as a backup and it flies excactly in a similar line. I don't have the arm to turn it over for anhyzers but that is for future goal.

I hope someone returns the S-line one and I get to see the weird green swirl on the bottom of a orange disc. I didn't know that discmania does swirly S-line for the discount stock-runs :D

The best "odd" plastic I've seen is from Leo Piironen's in-the-bag video where he shows an old S-line PD which is transulent, imagine having an early star/champion hybrid!

Well other than that I've got few extra meters for my drives and I feel more comfy with the more stable discs, those come in handy because I usually have to deal with wind. If my bag has any holes, I'd say I need a backup for my star sidewinder, and another FD. Also a straight midrange, maybe a DX ROC since it would be OS new and it would season straight? Or MC-PRO ROC3 but that might be straight for more powerful players only

If anyone has tried a Luster FD I would be interested to try the plastic, wether it's more stiff or softer than regular C-line.

Edit: Also added a benched S-line DDX 170 that really worked great today. Idk if it is little bit seasoned but this baby goes 350f flat, I birdied 320f hole with a hyzerflip with this hitting the pole, so it was a pleasant surprise.

I don't usually feel comfy throwing above speed9-10 but the DDX is enough understable for my noodle-arm. I believe I am getting closer to 400 with the DDX. I like it for the fact that it doesn't have as harsh fade, really smooth one for being speed12.

I joined my first competition today, which was really casual since it was open for anyone. Did alright but mostly had pars and couple bogeys.

I had pretty minimal bag.

S-line P2 - Putt and Aprouch, some wear so it goes straight when driving. I prefer it mainly for the feel.

Opto Compass - didn't really use it today.

C-line FD 175 - This was a money disc today and I can say that it goes super straight. The best thing is that I don't have to rip it, just a relaxed throw and it delivers. I can see now why it is so good for all skill levels and it was the first driver I tried after 1month of playing. No regrets.

Star Sidewinder - Didn't really use since it was little windy, but it's flippier fairway which can also give some distance.

Champ Savant - It worked great for being little stable driver, also great forehand disc. Definetly not my most used disc, but it's great for the situations.

S-line DDX 170 - Super fun to throw and feels great being shallow of a disc. With hyzerflip it flips up flat and carries that with some finish. Little unpredictable if I happen to have that extra power. I flip it too much sometimes.

Champ Wraith 171 - Champ Wraith was one of the first discs I owned and it felt too difficult back then haha. Now I gave it a chance and it works pretty nicely. I can release it flat and trust it to not flip over, also a headwind driver for me now.

Cham Wraith xx - I bought it used from the event and it's worn out, it looks like some dog had been chewing it. I tried it twice and it flies similarly to the new one, maybe little less overstable. Great flight for 5e disc.

RHBH has gotten consistent, but I mainly need to work on forehand and Anhyzers. I feel super awkward throwing Backhand Anhyzer release. Maybe one of 5 will have the correct angle and enough power to get it to work. Also I tend to miss my line little bit to the left on a hyzer aswell, I have to work those out.

Also, putt practice as always, I would had got like 5 birdies per round if I just made the putts incide 30f

I'm loving the sport tho.

Im doing good with both champ/star plastic but I didn't really liked the champ before. Now it's really nice but not really the best in rain, but I don't ever play in the rain.

I like gstar and I can see why people love it but I don't feel like needing any disc in gstar right-now

Last edited:
Shot 3 casual 9-hole rounds, with following discs.

P&A:
S-line P2 175 - Not quite settled on putting putter yet, but this has the best feel. softer star plastic.
G-line P2 171 - Comebacker, floppy approach disc.
Opto Compass 173 - Straight with a hint of stability
DX Aviar3 - Straight approach disc, flatter and not as deep.

Fairways/Control:
C-line FD 175 - Straight, with some dome.
C-line FD 175 - New one. My friend owed me a disc. Notable dome.
Champ Savant 175- Fairway with some finish, comparable to CD2 or not-beefy Thunderbird.
Star Sidewinder 175- Turnover disc, finishes right with annie. Might consider a River for US-fairway instead.

"Distance":
320f average lol

S-line DDX 170
- Furthest disc, flips slightly but finishes straight. Possibly goes +350f
Champ Wraith 171 - Straight to OS, straight in headwind with harsh fade.
Champ Wraith ??? - Backup used worn-in, same flight. Great for risky shots. Not PFN tho :(

I shot +9 on the first round with 3x Double Bogeys :doh: last two were +1 and -1 :thmbup: I parked a straight 300 hole with the Compass so it was a pleasant surprise, it has the right stability for my throw.

I possibly have some overlap with Aviar3 and P2s so I might just take the Aviar3 off, and the DDX has got little unpredictable for me. I might consider buying a 175g C-line or Glow C-line one, if that would be a bit more stable one. I like the mold better than a Destroyer, but I might add Destroyer in for next time for extreme headwind.

My distance aprox with backhand: AVG/MAX
P2 170-200 Compass 250-280 FD 280/300 DDX 320/350

Should probably settle for the slower discs again or max speed7 since throwing them adds more distance. I am happy with my current bag, I've started to have some trust with certain molds.

Should probably settle for the slower discs again or max speed7 since throwing them adds more distance. I am happy with my current bag, I've started to have some trust with certain molds.

Just an idea: try a speed-9-'ish' disc for driving. You've got a Sidewinder. A Valkyrie would be a little more overstable, and the Valk was once the world distance record holding disc. A bit more overstable than that would be the Viking (which comes in Champion and DX plastics), and more overstable is the well-loved Thunderbird. Trilogy (Lat64) has the Saint, and you can check out the Marshall Street Flight Guide to see what else is out there.

Just an idea: try a speed-9-'ish' disc for driving. You've got a Sidewinder. A Valkyrie would be a little more overstable, and the Valk was once the world distance record holding disc. A bit more overstable than that would be the Viking (which comes in Champion and DX plastics), and more overstable is the well-loved Thunderbird. Trilogy (Lat64) has the Saint, and you can check out the Marshall Street Flight Guide to see what else is out there.

Great idea, in fact I have a 175 Star Valkyrie coming this weekend and it's just between the Savant and Sidewinder I've got. I also know that I am going to love the disc in my hand. I used to have one and it worked really well, turns slightly but also has that fade, little more predictable than the sidewinder I would say. With those three 9-speed discs and the FD I should be fine with the local course.

I'm settling on this core for my bag for a month now and see if it works for me. Most discs are 170-175

Putting putter Unknown - I still have to find something I would trust..
2x P2 (G-line,S-line) - 171 and 175 throwers for <200f upshots mostly.

Midrange
Compass - 173 opto, 260f dead-straight shots.

Fairway/Control
2x FD (C-lines) - 175 domey straight to 300f without having to work hard.
Savant (Champ) - 175 Hybrid like a CD2, mostly for utility shots.

Drivers
Sidewinder (star)- 175 distance driver, 310f straight, hyzerflips, and anhyzers. Less fade also less skip.
DDX (S-line) - 170 Max distance on open shots, 320f hyzerflips, 380f is what I would say I max out.
2x Wraith (Champs) - 171 and unknown, the worn-in is straight up to 320f and the new one has more finish.

That's it and I think it's a good set for a beginner, 10-12 discs are still quite a lot I feel.

Possible additions in future:
175 Champ Firebird - for OS utilities, or trouble shots
175 Star Destroyer - When I need that straight-to-hyzer shot in headwind, or utility forehand flexes with a skip this disc works for that purpose.
175 Star Valkyrie - When I need a bit more stable sidewinder, with a bit more power the sidewinder has quite a bit of turn, and Valkyrie is nice hyzerflip disc aswell.
Putting putter - I really need to work on this I feel like I missed 5 birdies yesterday for not scoring inside 30f :wall:

The worn wraith is 168g and both the 168&171 are flatter than the 175g ones in local store. The beat-up one is a real gem for being 5e disc :)

I did some practice rounds yesterday and I can tell that I focus too much on RHBH-drives. RHBH is working well after a nice warmup. I should focus more on putting and RHFH-aproaches since that used to be the key on the local course.

This is now my core, what I carry always:

S-line P2 - Beat-up straight with stable finish.
G-line P2 - Backup really but more gummy and lighter.

Compass - It was rainy so it felt super slick (I use fangrip) so it didn't really work for drives today.

C-line FD 2x - 175 domey. Feels super good to grip, and my favorite shot is the hyzerflip with this. I miss my flatter s-line which was really good for forehands (my forehand is 280f max)

Star Sidewinder 175- Turnover disc, also 320f straight s-shape.

Savant 175- It's champion plastic and it feels stable, it flies similar to a Teebird3. More than often a forehand approach disc.

Champ Wraith 168 - Beat-up flat-ish, goes straight.

Champ Wraith 171 - Also flat-ish but new, more stable with skipping fade.

S-line DDX 170- I can get this to turn but it has always a fade, so I wouldn't call it understable. The main driver for longer teeshots.

Discs that I am not sure to bag:

Star Valkyrie 175- It has pretty big turn, I can count it to flip every time but it also has the fade to finish straight. It's softer flexible star. It feels more like a backup for sidewinder, but it has that similar turnover with anhyzer-release. Easy disc to get up-to speed when I don't quite feel like going wide-rim.

Star Destroyer 175- I don't really use it unless it is extreme headwind so it just sits in my bag. Now when I think how often I use it for weird skip shots, not too often.

Champ Firebird 175- Even if it is not FAF or a PFN 12x it's still very OS. I don't really use it. If I need a shorter approach I am just going to throw something else in a hyzer release, rather than throwing flat-release that dumps hard.

Putting putter:
DM Tiger Warrior - It was affordable so I decided to try it. The plastic quality really surprised me. It's stiff and I like the flat-top of the disc. The plastic feels similar to XT-plastic, and I think it can take hits a bit better than DX surprisingly. They are so cheap I might aswell buy another one. Not the best thrower but I try if I would putt with it for a month. Clearly stable when new, but not OS like a Harp would be.

As a beginner I just try to minimise using many molds since it feels like not knowing what to throw. It takes months to learn discs but I feel comfortable with my current setup, I know what the discs do and I can be consistent with how much turn I get from which disc. I tend to avoid having many "understable" variants on the slower discs, since I am just going to throw a hyzer with a forehand rather than a turnover with backhand. I just don't feel very comfy with anhyzers, the RHBH-anhyzer is the only thing I want to learn for a turnover with the Sidewinder.

Looks like you're on your way to solidifying your bag.

My only comment: that Valkyrie might be a "windy weather Sidewinder" for you, or you might find some other use for it later that you don't realize now. I use my Valks on the range for practicing to be consistent, so there's always something to do with it...

Latest posts