• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Here we go again..

Looks like you're on your way to solidifying your bag.

My only comment: that Valkyrie might be a "windy weather Sidewinder" for you, or you might find some other use for it later that you don't realize now. I use my Valks on the range for practicing to be consistent, so there's always something to do with it...

The Valk I have is rather flippy or I have developped more powerful throw so it seems to flip quite easy. I am not sure if it is about the plastic but it's clearly softer more flexible star than the one I used to have one year ago. I had to rip the old one to get it turn, the current one goes straight (flips-up but finishes straight) with 80% power, that might also be a consistency thing with getting discs up to speed.

The Valk is nice "straight" 9-speed and it has more controlled groundplay than a wide-rim driver that skip a lot. But I wouldn't throw it into a headwind unless I want a to intentionally turn it over.

The Valk I have is rather flippy or I have developped more powerful throw so it seems to flip quite easy. I am not sure if it is about the plastic but it's clearly softer more flexible star than the one I used to have one year ago. I had to rip the old one to get it turn, the current one goes straight (flips-up but finishes straight) with 80% power, that might also be a consistency thing with getting discs up to speed.

The Valk is nice "straight" 9-speed and it has more controlled groundplay than a wide-rim driver that skip a lot. But I wouldn't throw it into a headwind unless I want a to intentionally turn it over.

I understand about the soft Star plastic. There are a ton of variations in Valks, from plastic to PLHs. i have a 165g Star Valk that flies like a Thunderbird, it is so overstable. And then I have a heavier Valk in Echostar that was less stable, and flew really great turnover shots. Valks are like a box of chocolates, one never knows just quite what one is getting.

I understand about the soft Star plastic. There are a ton of variations in Valks, from plastic to PLHs. i have a 165g Star Valk that flies like a Thunderbird, it is so overstable. And then I have a heavier Valk in Echostar that was less stable, and flew really great turnover shots. Valks are like a box of chocolates, one never knows just quite what one is getting.

I can agree that different runs and plastics can vary with how stable they are, but I don't think the Valks I had were much different with the stabilities, maybe with the feel of grip. It's a nice disc for the fact it's going to get nice flight without having to absolutely smash it (mostly not having to rush and clean technique resulting better flight).

It kind of helps to know that you can check for dome and PLH in the store for a certain disc, also the weight. Even though I don't really pay attention to PLH usually. There is probably monster-OS versions of every mold so you just hope for the best when you grab the disc when you buy it. Ironically the discs that were not working right away I threw them have became the best discs when I set myself to actually learn them.

Yup I'm probably settling for my current bag right now, as I feel comfy with it.

Tiger Warrior - Putter putter, it's a feel thing for me mostly. I prefer the flat top.

S* P2 175 - straight approach putter with more finish.
G* P2 - straight approuch. The p2's don't get as much use.

Opto Compass 173 - This has become more flippy, it might be a noseup-thing I've had before. The only midrange I need and it's money. Standstill hyzer-approaches and short drives. I might buy a maxweight 180 version or consider a Roc for little bit more OS midrange.

Fairways:

2x C-line FD 175 - More controlled shorter drives that need straighter finish with a hint of a turn, but less used actually.

Star Sidewinder 175 - Turnovers, starts to be rather flippy. This thing goes "far" with hyzerflip, also super straight.

Star Valkyrie - Turnovers that need a bit more carry. Straight shots with toned down power. With max power it starts to have somewhat understable 320f shot with some balancing fade. Also hyzerflip machine.

Champ Savant - More stable fairway which actually has slight turn, but also some fade. Super useful disc and trustworthy.

Champ Firebird - Utility. Special ocasions when I need very OS shot.

Distance..?

S-line DDX 170 - More openfield distance when I have room to turn this disc, but it also finishes straight. Not by any means very flippy so it does not finish right. Also my go-to forehand disc.

Champ Wraith 168 (Flat Very Beatup) - Thrown hard flat it turns slightly but goes very straight closer to 400f maybe. For 320f hyzer this disc is my go-to. Very good control.

Champ Wraith 171 (New pretty flat) - More overstable maybe a headwind driver.

Star Destroyer 175 - OS driver for headwind but rarely used.

Same discs but these work great for me. Maybe for future I might add up extra ones for these molds. I fear losing the wraith or ddx one day so I should get a backup for ddx at least.

Maybe add second midrange to my game that is not really based around midranges, but with my current technique the midrange is more than often the best choice for 200-280f shots. It is just very different to fangrip a midrange.

Not Just that but in all Discs the Star Plastic can very from almost G-Star to stiff as Jolly Luancher. I have a recent disc (Shark) as a Backup in Star that on the front of disc I put Almost on top of above the Star then put G- in front of the Star to fully say almost G-Star. Yeah the disc is semi see though when held up to the light like a Big Z plastic. I am sure however That disc weighs the same as the other discs in same weight, around 175 grams.

Not Just that but in all Discs the Star Plastic can very from almost G-Star to stiff as Jolly Luancher. I have a recent disc (Shark) as a Backup in Star that on the front of disc I put Almost on top of above the Star then put G- in front of the Star to fully say almost G-Star. Yeah the disc is semi see though when held up to the light like a Big Z plastic. I am sure however That disc weighs the same as the other discs in same weight, around 175 grams.

Yes the Valkyrie I have is more towards G-star, as well as the S-line P2 having some flex to it. It does not really affect much for myself but I can see it becoming an issue for the veterans who end up buying more flexible Ricky-Destroyer for exampIe.
I have S* Sidewinder and Destroyer which are clearly more towards gummy champion. More flexible champions are actually what I prefer. Some champions feel like bricks and I don't like them as much.

Here is some updates:

D-line P1 - I am pulling this once again, I am a super slow loft-putter and this disc works best for my style. I feel being so lost with putting so I only have a reference for the loft-putting with the p1.

Things I am missing:

C* Wraith - Threw into a greek, pink champ not the best color to find from brown water. It was 5e disc so not a huge loss but it was the only wraith I could flip.

S* FD - I guess it's not coming back.

Besides that, I can flip ddx these days so I have to hyzerflip it to give it the ideal flight. I might consider a maxweight champion variation for a more stable DDX.

Besides that, I can flip ddx these days so I have to hyzerflip it to give it the ideal flight. I might consider a maxweight champion variation for a more stable DDX.

Now I kinda have to because I managed to lose the ddx I had. I went to european open to buy a new one

175 C-line DDx

Kind of a bummer since I got to throw the thing and it is a monster. It's closer to a PD2 when you look at the wing of it. It's more overstable than my Destroyer, the thing won't have any sort of glide. The PLH is ridoculously high so it's a mutant for sure. Really good in a hand however.

Not what I was looking for but at least I got to watch my favorite players: Nate Sexton, Paul McBeth, Eagle and Simon of course and even finnish players like Jesse Nieminen and Väinö Mäkelä. Very very smooth throws as expected.

Last edited:
Now I kinda have to because I managed to lose the ddx I had. I went to european open to buy a new one

175 C-line DDx

Kind of a bummer since I got to throw the thing and it is a monster. It's closer to a PD2 when you look at the wing of it. It's more overstable than my Destroyer, the thing won't have any sort of glide. The PLH is ridoculously high so it's a mutant for sure. Really good in a hand however.

Not what I was looking for but at least I got to watch my favorite players: Nate Sexton, Paul McBeth, Eagle and Simon of course and even finnish players like Jesse Nieminen and Väinö Mäkelä. Very very smooth throws as expected.

Added to that I don't expect having an arm for more stable 11 or 12-speed molds but I can confirm that the DDX does not flip into a mild headwind, but my destroyer does (goes straight). The ddx just dumps in. Agreeing with a Club member who was surprised after testing it, it's a really OS run for being a DDX :D

I were at weeklies and I shot decent for my skillgroup. Ended up second after taking stupid bogeys but managed to birdie some easier holes.

What I used:

D-line P1 - Putter

S- P2 - stock run and it's on point for putter drives and approach shots, this is what I used for shorter holes and I got birdie both rounds from them.

Champ Firebird - Just a stock run domey. Short forehand with skips, and short spike hyzers. Really trusty. Not really a driver just an approach disc for me.

C Savant - Not opportunities to throw it much but a trusty forehand aproach disc. Great for backhand!

Star Valk - I would say it's a workhorse for touchy straight shots and hyzerflips, with the combination of a great glide and accuracy it's one of my favorites.

Star Sidewinder - It is starting to feel flippy but really a key disc on some of the holes where you need flippier stuff. also great fpr forehand. I ended up OB and bogied so I didn't really benefit from it this time.

Star Destroyer - There's a 450f hole downhill with common headwind so I grabbed this and it held it, hyzering out. Great disc but went 60f short obviously.

C-line DDX - Same hole to some headwind, it started to hyzer immediately and went shorter than the destroyer. This thing is what I call beefy.

I like to throw maxweight these days, but I am starting to like my bag rn. Working in the midranges to my game. Possible addons:

Dx/KC Pro Roc - Looking for seasoning a roc for hyzerflips.

S-line DDX - I feel like needing something more understable and faster. DDX is also my favorite mold for being very shallow, ideal for forehand.

It's time for an update. This is my main core for my game:

(2x)D-line P2 175 - Finally invested in these. One is my main putter but I use both for training putting. These feel good inside 25feet.

S-line P2 175 - More stable approach. It's seasoned so it goes straight mostly but for high shots it will hyzer out. Very long lasting and good feeling.

D-line P1 172 - It has worn out for a year and it's understable. Really useful for high shots that drift slightly right. It does not change it's angle after the initial turn so it's really good for hyzer-releases that end up going straight all the way. Also super important in tight woodholes where you need to scramble out right with the disc for a shorter shots. It doesn't feel much different from P2 when throwing so I am not worried about overlap with this disc. Downhill I can get this thing 260f. Also great disc to check for bad-releases during warmup, since it will roll immediately if not thrown properly.

Opto Compass 173 - Still the only midrange I use. It has some stable finish to it, but with harder throw it will turn slightly. Very good for different angles and around 260feet holes. Very neutral but I would not say it's understable.

Star Valkyrie 175 - This has the right stability for my power. I like the way that I don't need to stretch every shot and I can just focus on clean shot. Straight shots and hyzerflips that go straight and hyzer out slightly, or just maxed out anhyzer that finishes somewhat back left.

Champ Savant 175
- It's more stable Valk and I use it in headwind and for hyzering shots. This is the fastest disc I am trying to learn right now. It's limited edition run so it might act like a less stable Thunderbird? I don't know the runs so I can't say if it's more OS than a Star Savant but I can recommend checking it out.

I have played for a one year now and I consider myself still very beginner, but I've got my fairways slowly longer after having a bit better technique for backhand. My forehand is rather smooth but I only get 260feet of distance with a forehand, so I just mainly backhand for teeshots.

My distance for RHBH is about: putters 200/230 mids 260/280 fairways 300/320
I sometimes get past 330f but I can't really repeat it. My fastest disc that I can get to turn is Champ Beast I think, but Wraith is definetly just hyzering out for me. I have benched all the 12-speeds since they are mostly just hyzer/headwind discs for me and I want to learn to throw better. I also want to try a buzzz for a while since people like to throw them apparently. What I also carry if I head up to a big course:

C-line FD 175 - Domey but it's great for straight shots. It's like a Valkyrie but with less turn, less fade. Hyzerflips.

Champ Firebird 175 - Mostly utility. Great for pitching up around tight corners with forehand and playing skipshots around fast ground. I will mostly use it inside 260feet.

Star Sidewinder 175 - It's like a more understable Valkyrie and it has been a very used disc in my bag. It's mostly coming out when I need to finish to the right.

I'm trying to get better scores and focus on simplifying my disc selection. I end up carrying too much discs and I end up being confused about what I should throw. 9-speed discs are what I am most comfortable with, since they all have about same rim width and they all fit my hand very well. I also focus mainly on my putt-practice since it is the weakest part of my game, but I've already had more results after working inside 25f spin-putts.

Keep having fun guys and you can recommend me discs to try or I can describe discs I'm throwing more accurately if you are interested in trying one out :D

If anyone has tried a Luster FD I would be interested to try the plastic, wether it's more stiff or softer than regular C-line.

I bag a 171g Luster FD, and it's often stiffer than regular C (I have C's in MD, FD2, MD1 and MD3. Luster is stiffer than two of them and about the same as the other 2).

The FD in Luster has a very specific place in my bag: OS Fairway.

Just as background, a 175g S FD used to be my main fairway "straight" driver (it has a reliable soft fade that I could anticipate). I heard that the Luster C was more OS, and I wanted something for long right-to-left doglegs. The Luster fits that bill for me on a nice hard throw. It will come up to flat, and then start a distinctive fade. And it adds a nice dependable skip. EXAMPLE: 260' with a hard left dogleg that starts at maybe 175'. Throw hard and a bit high, so it makes the turn at about 25' off the deck. Makes the turn, skips to 10' for a drop-in bird.

I do not have a particularly hard throw, so this may be a little less OS for others.

As an aside, I dropped the S FD earlier this year because the soft fade became much harder (I had been bagging it for about a year). My current "straight" fairway is a beat-in DX Teebird. I also bag two F7's in 400G: a new one that's only slightly understable, and a year old one that I can confidently flip. Just telling you all this to give you the full picture of my "fairway" section of my bag...

I bag a 171g Luster FD, and it's often stiffer than regular C (I have C's in MD, FD2, MD1 and MD3. Luster is stiffer than two of them and about the same as the other 2).

The FD in Luster has a very specific place in my bag: OS Fairway.

Just as background, a 175g S FD used to be my main fairway "straight" driver (it has a reliable soft fade that I could anticipate). I heard that the Luster C was more OS, and I wanted something for long right-to-left doglegs. The Luster fits that bill for me on a nice hard throw. It will come up to flat, and then start a distinctive fade. And it adds a nice dependable skip. EXAMPLE: 260' with a hard left dogleg that starts at maybe 175'. Throw hard and a bit high, so it makes the turn at about 25' off the deck. Makes the turn, skips to 10' for a drop-in bird.

I do not have a particularly hard throw, so this may be a little less OS for others.

As an aside, I dropped the S FD earlier this year because the soft fade became much harder (I had been bagging it for about a year). My current "straight" fairway is a beat-in DX Teebird. I also bag two F7's in 400G: a new one that's only slightly understable, and a year old one that I can confidently flip. Just telling you all this to give you the full picture of my "fairway" section of my bag...

I have tried a Luster DDX while it was way too OS for me, I liked the plastic however. Luster FD would probably fit my throw right now. I used to have a S-line FD and now I replaced it with a C-line when I lost the S-line one. I can comfortably say that I can flip both easily, maybe not in a tailwind. Luster would be a tad OS and it would fit me if I would play only FD as a fairway mold.

I prefer something faster for a stable fairway and I currently like to use a Savant, I feel that I have a nice control with it. I don't like throwing explorer unless it's a headwind and the Luster FD would overlap somewhat with the Stability of explorer I would imagine.

I have tried a Luster DDX while it was way too OS for me, I liked the plastic however. Luster FD would probably fit my throw right now. I used to have a S-line FD and now I replaced it with a C-line when I lost the S-line one. I can comfortably say that I can flip both easily, maybe not in a tailwind. Luster would be a tad OS and it would fit me if I would play only FD as a fairway mold.

I prefer something faster for a stable fairway and I currently like to use a Savant, I feel that I have a nice control with it. I don't like throwing explorer unless it's a headwind and the Luster FD would overlap somewhat with the Stability of explorer I would imagine.

I searched some old threads about Luster FD's and they are actually said to be more understable than the regular C-line. Maybe it has to do with the dome. It sounds like a nice option since the plastic feels great and it would not change flight from bumps too fast. Maybe not a windfighter but I have discs for those situations.

I used to have a S-line FD and it was my favorite, unfortunately I lost it. I now have a c-line and it works great, but I am nlt a fan of it having more dome.

Not giving advice on driving farther. Just wanted to say that your bag looks pretty good. The only disc that isn't very common is that Savant, but if you like it, keep rockin' it.

Practice with that FD... the FD is an outstanding mold, and once you get it down and get comfortable with it, I suspect you're going to love it.

The Savant has to be one of the best molds I've tried so far, I'm surprised that it's not that popular actually. People who throw Innova probably gravitate towards Thunderbirds. With one throw I can say that it flies very much like a CD2 from Discmania, but s-line CD2s feel more domey.

For me, the Savant goes straight with slight finishing hyzer on calm situations, and dead-straight into some headwind (I average about 300-330f on flat ground with 9-speeds). Mine is Champion-plastic with Limited Edition-ministamp, so I have not tried the Star-ones. Also very good for a forehand, but my forehand is little weaker so I only use it for shorter aproaches.

The FD has always been a good disc for me but I tend to use 9-speeds instead rather than having to smash FD in trade-off for lost control. Same thing with Explorer, I've seen guys rip the Explorer 370f but I can't get such distances with it ever. Maybe some day..

I've done some updates to my last bag but I've started to like my current setup which is:

Putts
2X D-line P2 175 - Putts and for practice.
S-line P2 - Good old, more stable approach

Mids
DX Roc 180 - Straight to slightly stable but I try to worn this in to become understable.
Opto Compass 173 - Slightly stable
S-line GM 169 - More OS midrange, with wind I just use Firebird instead.

Fairways
Star Valkyrie 175 - Straight, main driver. I need to buy a backup one.
Star Sidewinder 175 - Understable shots, great turnovers, or hyzerflips.
Champ Savant 175- Slightly More OS Valk.
PFN 12x Firebird - Very gummy, OS utility and approaches. Feels lighter than 175

+10-speed
S-line DDX 170 - Straight to slight finish, on a good day my furthest disc.
3X Star Destroyer - One beat-up 4x McBeth with glide and good finish, one bottom stamp 175 and one 170 Mcbeth two of which are more OS for headwind hyzer-shots. Maybe ocasional FH-flex.
C-line DDX 175 - Ridiculously OS run of ddx for straight-to-hyzer in strong headwind, rarely used.

I don't have the arm for the more stable faster discs if I don't count the beat-up 4x Destroyer, but I also don't use the 10-speeds if I can reach the holes with slower discs. Besides that my game looks very good at the moment.

Time for a slight update, most of the stuff has stayed the same.

2x D-line P2 175 - Strictly putting, when these wear I plan on switching them for US throwing putters.
S-line P2 175 - Stable thrower.
D-line P1 172 - Very US, hyzerflip 300f straight.

Opto Compass 173 - Still the only midrange I carry, somewhat stable.

Fairways:

C-line FD 175 - Straight.
Opto Explorer 175 - Quite stable fairway, I need to practice more with this disc.
CH Savant 175 - Stable fairway with some finish, holds straight into headwind.
Star Sidewinder 175 - Beat-up pretty understable, 330f turnover, also standstill shots.
Champ Firebird - PFN 12x one. Utility, somewhat OS. Mostly approaches.

Fast discs:

Star Destroyer 171 - Very flat, but meathook (High PLH) 4x McBeth, great for forehand into headwind.
Star Destroyer 175 - Domey Bottom Stamp Pop-top. Holds straight-to-hyzer into a headwind. Great feeling disc. Backhand headwind disc.
Star Destroyer 175 - Beat up 4x McBeth, slight dome. It turns slightly for me but does not hold up to a headwind. Super important disc right now.
Star Wraith 175 - Plastic feels amazing, very slight dome. Nice mix of glide and control.
Champ Wraith 171 - Pretty flat, nice for forehand also. More stable Wraith.
S-line DDX 170 - Most US driver I have, it turns somewhat with backhand but has a nice finish for a straight shot. Goes about 380f for me. Not a disc for wind tho.

My bag looks like every innova-pros bag right? I am just used to these discs and I like it. I don't quite have the arm for the faster discs yet but I am usually dealing with some wind at the local park so they come in handy. I probably have excessive ammount of fast discs but I like the molds, so it is nice to have extra. All of them are also pretty different.

Other discs I might consider bagging:

Dx Aviar3 - Superb approach disc, very self-correcting stable disc. Overlaps somewhat with P2.
Discmania Tiger Wr - Very similar to Aviar3 but less stable, turns slightly. Maybe for shorter straight drivers where a 2-speed would be too slow.

Future discs to get:

S-line FD 175 - I already ordered one to replace my Valkyrie, it's coming from the mail.
Champ Mako3 - I tested this disc and it felt amazing. Both in hand and with flight. Super straight when released flat, but also holds the release angle nicely.

TLDR:
Getting more consistent with Backhand, gotten more armspeed. Also learning Forehand, currently I use it for 300f hyzer shots. Putting needs more practice, but I have had good results with the D-line P2-putters

Late season update, probably last week this year when I'm playing. I'm trying to throw maxweight discs for consistency.

PUTTERS
D-line P2 175 (3x) - Short slightly understable approuches and putt-training. One freshie for go-to putter.
S-line P2 175- Worn in for straight approuches.

MIDS
Dx Roc 180 - Straight to slightly understable, absolutely go-to midrange.
C-line MD3 177 - Old beat-up, slightly understable. Feels really good in hand.
Opto Compass 173 - Stable midrange, rare usage.

7-speed
C-line FD 175 - Turns easily but also has that balancing fade, true to the numbers.
Opto Explorer 175 - "More stable FD" for windier shots, rarely used.

9-speed
DX Valkyrie 171 - I intend to beat this up for flip-rollers and trouble shots.
Star Sidewinder 175 - Understable, for anhyzers and hyzerflip-to-turn shots.
Champ Savant 175 - Beat to straight, best all-around 9-speed in calm situations.
Champ Firebird ??? - Lighter PFN beat-up to slightly OS, NOT super OS like new firebirds.
G-Star Thunderbird 175 - New test subject, basicly a backup for Firebird I have.

Fast Discs
Champ Wraith 171 - Flat, backup for Star Wraith.
Star Wraith 175 - Goes "straight" with some turn but has that balancing fade for left finish.
Star Destroyer 175 (2x) - Old beat-up 4x McBeth that goes similar lines with Wraiths, straight with good amount of distance, and newer bottom-stamp for more stability into a headwind.

Thoughts
Getting decent results and I'm quite happy with my setup, not carrying too many unnecessary discs that I don't throw. The Savant has worn in to start turning rather easily but goes similar straight lines as Valkyries I've had, but goes even further. I've got slightly more armspeed aswell so that might explain it. The Roc flies really nicely about 300f time to time.

I'm considering a KC Pro Roc as my next addition as I love it in baseline, but I would like a plastic that could maintain the flight characteristics for a little longer. I am scared of actually scratching my Roc into a tree as it flies amazing right now.

Keep it up guys and let's see what next year brings us :thmbup:

This bag looks really solid, the only spot that i have in my bag that you don't is the overstable approach disc. I use a pro rhyno, but anything like a zone or harp would be great. You may have that shot covered but i use mine quite a bit. Touch forehands save a lot of strokes out there. KC rocs are a great, and don't be afraid of hitting trees with them, that is where they get their magic. They last a lot longer than the internet says, i've had one hang around for 3 years before a pond claimed it.

This bag looks really solid, the only spot that i have in my bag that you don't is the overstable approach disc. I use a pro rhyno, but anything like a zone or harp would be great. You may have that shot covered but i use mine quite a bit. Touch forehands save a lot of strokes out there. KC rocs are a great, and don't be afraid of hitting trees with them, that is where they get their magic. They last a lot longer than the internet says, i've had one hang around for 3 years before a pond claimed it.

The S-line P2 used to be my go-to for these but I beated it up. You are probably talking about more OS discs for those shots. I've considered getting a Zone for that purpose. Also Harp seems like a good choice too.

The S-line P2 used to be my go-to for these but I beated it up. You are probably talking about more OS discs for those shots. I've considered getting a Zone for that purpose. Also Harp seems like a good choice too.

I bag the harp and tried a zone when the McBeth ones came out. Same disc different feel. Also I'd say grab a harp if you like baseline plastic, zone if you prefer premium.

While it is "off-season" I couldn't resist and grabbed my bag for play. After few practice rounds I felt that I had some improvements in technique and I was satisfied with the distance. I don't have that much armspeed anyway. I most note that I were playing in slightly freezing temps but having a jacket didn't make much difference after all in throwing.

What I threw (I throw mostly maxweight around 175)

2x D-line P2 - Putt & Approch

Dx Roc - Straight-to-US
C-line MD3 - Understable (Very beat-up)

fairways:
C-line FD - All-around straight with turn but has some finish. 300-330f
Champion Savant - Goes 377f in a very straight line. (Slightly beat-up)

Stable fairways for headwind and hyzer-shots (These are almost identical)
G-star Thunderbird - A straight-to-hyzer disc, or just for shorter spike-hyzer.
Champion Firebird - PFN 12x Ken Climo -run. Similar stability with the thunderbird.

Distance discs:
Star Destroyer - Beat-up 4x McBeth (Straight-to-US max distance)
Star Destroyer - Pop-top Bottom-stamp (Straight-to-stable hyzerdisc, skipshots, headwind etc.)
S-line DDX - Understable (Mostly hyzerflip-to-turn, rarely used. I should try it for a roller.)

Some unnecessery philosophy:
I feel like whenever I don't want skips or huge fade I am doing best with speed-9 discs, and that's how it has been always. I can say that along with my old 4x destroyer, the Savant has to be my favorite disc. I can throw it as hard as I can and I know it will go straight, but always has that trusty fade, and it's not diving like a fast disc would, and has way less skip. Savant and US-destroyer are my best drivers unless I am dealing with some wind.

My PFN 12x firebird is mostly an approach disc for me, for shorter hyzer-shots. Compared to new champ-firebirds it is more gummy champion plastic, and much less stable for being flat. The Gstar thunderbird is very similar in stability and plastic feels similar. When you spike these discs in a hyzer the plastic flexes, and it kills most of the spin rather than flare-skip like a very stiff plastic would. The Gstar Thunderbird can be replaced so it can take more beating, and I usually choose it over the firebird for that matter.

I like Wraiths also but I feel like they are more of a backup, while I enjoy the control I certainly get slightly more distance out of less stable destroyers (flat wysocki-runs for example).

Things to get and personal recommendations.

I also lost all my flippy drivers which is sad, looking towards getting a Roadrunner tho.

Innova is coming with stock run Savants in Champ and Star and I can totally recommend the disc. When new they are rather stable. Almost CD2 like disc, but they will beat-up into a very straight disc.

Tip for guys looking for a wraith: while my Star Wraith has little bit more stable finish, I can recommend looking for a flat-top champ wraiths from 167-172g weightrange since they will most likely get you that straight flight without that high armspeed. They will be great in calm situations.

Latest posts