• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Hex Midrange (you can Hex it but don't nice me!)

ThrowaEnvy

GyrO Activation Technician.
Premium Member
axiom_hex.jpg
So the hex is coming...

Manufacturer / Distributor: Axiom Discs
Approved Date: Feb 22, 2021
Certification Number: 21-20
Specifications
Max Weight: 177.6gr
Diameter: 21.4cm
Height: 1.6cm
Rim Depth: 1.3cm
Rim Thickness: 1.4cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.5cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.1%
Rim Configuration: 45.00
Flexibility: 11.59kg

5 5 -1 1

Looks to be a solid contender, time will tell when we can actually get them. I'm waiting patiently, well not really, to order mine. Supposedly released on June 28th 2021 but I can't find any yet :D

I have seen weights listed as low as 167g-177g

Last edited:
I will be interested to hear how the Hex flies. Reactor has kicked the EMac Truth out of the bag, so Hex would be competing with Wombat3 for the turnover mid slot. For my purposes I hope the Hex flies like a longer putter (hold the line with a little understable drift) rather than a standard "little turn, little fade" midrange.

I will be interested to hear how the Hex flies. Reactor has kicked the EMac Truth out of the bag, so Hex would be competing with Wombat3 for the turnover mid slot. For my purposes I hope the Hex flies like a longer putter (hold the line with a little understable drift) rather than a standard "little turn, little fade" midrange.

I picked a Skulboy Hex up last week when I saw them getting put on the shelves at a local retailer. I wasn't looking to fill a hole in my mids, but it's staying in the bag. It has a touch more turn than my broken in ESP Buzzz but can still handle power well. It reminds me of a slower Crave for shot shaping.

Hey just a heads up... looks like there's some at Rogue and OTB this morning... and of course watch KW's he's got some coming and he's a solid dude.

I picked one up today on a whim. I recommend you get one. I could tell after the first throw it was a fit. After the fifth, I got hype. Possible best disc all time, no ****. Probably shouldn't go that big on day 1, but haven't been this impressed by a disc on first encounter...ever.

The Envy I also picked up is going in the bag.

Snuck in a very short session before dark last night. 172 and 178 stickered, stock stamps. Agreed with the consensus that the Hex is biddable, holding all angles of release at reasonable power. Very similar to a 170 Reactor that I have been playing with. Maybe just a tick faster/longer than a Z Buzzz. I'd speculate that in time the Hex would be more like a Buzzz SS, but that might take a while. Looking forward to throwing them some more. I'm absolutely not saying they will, but this is legitimately the first mold that COULD take a Buzzz out of my bag after 15 years.

Update. Played a wooded course today, and had some opportunity to compare Z Buzzz, Z Buzzz SS, Neutron Reactor, and Neutron Hex. Thoughts:
-shot of the day to Buzzz SS, parked (4') a 380' downhill hole requiring a continuous turn from a hard hyzer.
-Hex is very, very good. Stability wise, between the regular Buzzz and SS. Pops up from hyzer and goes straight for a long time. Seems faster and a bit longer than Buzzz. Not sure how well it will power down or handle wind. More testing required.
-light Reactor and I didn't get along today. I think the weight was giving me timing issues on release?
-keen for some more head/head research, and to try and shape some lines with the Hex.

Latest posts