• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hey college guys, help needed. anyone know any colleges who have a disc golf class?

Emporia State University offers a PE credit for taking a disc golf course. I think it's about six weeks and you go over technique then play the 3-4 courses in town a few times throughout those weeks.

We have a Disc gold club/team at University of Tennessee Knoxville. But no classes . just team practice

CSU Monterey Bay California has a class. Originally taught by Stancil Johnson.

http://catalog.csumb.edu/undergrad-education/majors/kinesiology/course-descriptions

KIN 141: Disc Golf

Description

Low-impact and easy to learn, provides students with the fundamental skills, beginnings through advanced, to enjoy disc golf. Students, athletic or not, all genders, and all ages, can learn to play. Develops a life sport by completion. Meets at hole one on Cypress Course behind Black Box Cabaret. Credit/no credit. (Offered every semester).

Last edited:
Alan Beaver teaches one. I think at one of the University of South Carolina satellites, but I don't remember.

I was recently told of someone who took a disc golf class at Newberry College (SC), but I have a suspicion it was just part of a larger physical education class.

I believe Northern Arizona University just started offering a class last year.

uf(dream college, go gators:clap:) has a club and private course just for themselves, from what i understand, you need a university of florida i.d. to get into the course.

CSU Monterey Bay California has a class. Originally taught by Stancil Johnson.

http://catalog.csumb.edu/undergrad-education/majors/kinesiology/course-descriptions

KIN 141: Disc Golf

Description

Low-impact and easy to learn, provides students with the fundamental skills, beginnings through advanced, to enjoy disc golf. Students, athletic or not, all genders, and all ages, can learn to play. Develops a life sport by completion. Meets at hole one on Cypress Course behind Black Box Cabaret. Credit/no credit. (Offered every semester).

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR!!!!!

keep the courses coming please

Hall of Famer Tom Monroe has been teaching a class at UAB in Birmingham, AL for many years.