• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

High Elevation tour suggestions - thanks

rj29274

Double Eagle Member
Greetings -

I am a left handed golfer looking to give a go at playing a few more events than I have in the past few years. I am non-current w pdga but I had a 986 rating last time I was. I am asking for suggestions on some of the top events (A or B Tiers, no C or lower) that take place at high elevation (I live at 6900ft), solid payouts, fun courses, and are well ran. Also, being a lefty friendly course would help, too. (only West coastish events, I live in AZ)

Here is what I had in mind, based off what Ive heard and played in the past *summer preferred*

Aspen Sports Treebash FLG, AZ
Lemmon Drop Tucson, AZ
King of the Lake - Lake Tahoe CA
Anything at Sipapu - New Mexico
Jerry in the Pines - AZ

What else?

Thanks for your help

Zoo Town in Missoula, MT. Blue Mt is a pretty epic mountain course. Brian and crew run an awesome event.

I've seen pictures of Crystal Mountain in Washington and that place looks insane. I can't comment on anything other than that though.

It's not high elevation, per se, but I really like the Beaver State Fling setup at Milo McIver. Wish I could have played the event, but it was not to be.

Is supposed to be run very well too.

The Flying Eagle Open will be a B-Tier next year. End of September in Eagle County, Colorado!

PM me if you want more details.

Pendaries in Rociada NM. Well over 7000' elevation. Ball golf course that is set up for a tournament in the spring and fall. Might become a permanent course next year.

Rocky Mountain Championships. A tier in Bozeman, MT on July 30 - 31

Zoo Town in Missoula, MT. Blue Mt is a pretty epic mountain course. Brian and crew run an awesome event.

RMDGC for sure. Bohart is really fun and the guys do a very nice job with the tourney.

ZTO is a specatularly run event, always one of my favorites, but Missoula is only about 3200'. Blue Mountain is great mountain Golf for sure though and it's a little bit higher that the rest of the city. Again, really well run event and worth the trip.

For NM:
-Pendaries Village Open, A-tier in May 2016. Fills within 5 minutes of go-live. 7500' elevation.
-Drew Judycki Memorial, B-tier in Sept 2016. Red River Ski Area DGC. 8671' elevation
-NM State Championships, B-tier in Aug 2016. Grindstone Lake DGC (Ruidoso, NM) 6920' elevation

Almost all decent courses in NM are >6900'. The ones listed above are the best without playing the same course twice (Pendaries also hosts a btier in Oct)

John - I heard from some pro's that that particular course is very anti-lefty. . .is that true?
Only if your name is Max Nichols! lol
Sorry, Max. Had to.

I've seen a few lefties shoot 1000+ rated rounds. No worries.

Latest posts