• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Oy it was a great weekend! We showed up on Friday at about 12:15 and checked in with Mikey and John. I paid $45 for 3 days of golf and 2 nights of camping with firewood. Things seem to be a lot more upkept since I was there last. We played Blueberry first and everything looked great. The fairways were mowed and the trashcans were mostly empty. Woodland Greens was great as well!
The campsites were all pretty clean, the firewood was very dry. Chestnut in the morning was a good option for a warmup for the day. It got up to about 60 on Saturday for us, a beautiful day! There was a guy there named Tick at the check-in hut with a huge flymart with a ton of discs. Also a lot of OOP stuff like PFN Champ/DX/Star stuff and some barstamp stuff. I had a weird headache that hit me around 1pm, rendering me useless for the afternoon round with everyone on Gold. For what I saw of it, it looked great as well. They took a lot longer than expected and we played 9 holes of Greens doubles at the end. Some people had a couple too many barley pops ;)
I played a glow round on Chestnut at about 12:30am. You know how hard it is to get people to go out for glow.... There was a glow ace race being run as well, not sure of the specifics on that one.
The next morning my buddy was having issues with his leg so we packed up and left about 11am. Super great weekend!!

I'll have some pictures up soon

Oy it was a great weekend! We showed up on Friday at about 12:15 and checked in with Mikey and John. I paid $45 for 3 days of golf and 2 nights of camping with firewood. Things seem to be a lot more upkept since I was there last. We played Blueberry first and everything looked great. The fairways were mowed and the trashcans were mostly empty. Woodland Greens was great as well!
The campsites were all pretty clean, the firewood was very dry. Chestnut in the morning was a good option for a warmup for the day. It got up to about 60 on Saturday for us, a beautiful day! There was a guy there named Tick at the check-in hut with a huge flymart with a ton of discs. Also a lot of OOP stuff like PFN Champ/DX/Star stuff and some barstamp stuff. I had a weird headache that hit me around 1pm, rendering me useless for the afternoon round with everyone on Gold. For what I saw of it, it looked great as well. They took a lot longer than expected and we played 9 holes of Greens doubles at the end. Some people had a couple too many barley pops ;)
I played a glow round on Chestnut at about 12:30am. You know how hard it is to get people to go out for glow.... There was a glow ace race being run as well, not sure of the specifics on that one.
The next morning my buddy was having issues with his leg so we packed up and left about 11am. Super great weekend!!

I'll have some pictures up soon

SO STOKED. Thanks for the write up, man! :hfive:

I was also there this weekend Oct 10-12. Conditions were perfect and the courses were great. There were 14 of us staying at John's house. Very comfortable even with 14 people. We played a doubles round on Granite, then a singles round at Blueberry on Saturday. On Sunday, we played a singles round on Gold and a doubles on Woodland Green. Woodland Green was a little muddy on some spots, and there are a lot of fallen leaves, but we didn't lose anything even though we played in a huge group. Met some people from Duluth. Weather was mid 50's for both days but Sunday was very windy. It was so much fun and we would definitely stay at John's house again the next time we go there.

Great to see so many positive things coming from people visiting HBH lately. Hopefully next fall I'll get to experience the real deal and erase the initial visit from memory.

Great to see so many positive things coming from people visiting HBH lately. Hopefully next fall I'll get to experience the real deal and erase the initial visit from memory.

Yeah, it really seems to be night and day from the last time I was there. Things are happening up there and its really great to see.

Any of you guys that have been up there recently play any night rounds on chestnut? Last year when we were there alot of the baskets were missing lights and it was quite hard to navigate. Just wondering if with things on the up and up around there if Chestnut has improved as well, sure love some glow discing!

Any of you guys that have been up there recently play any night rounds on chestnut? Last year when we were there alot of the baskets were missing lights and it was quite hard to navigate. Just wondering if with things on the up and up around there if Chestnut has improved as well, sure love some glow discing!

It's pretty hit and miss at Chestnut for lights right now. I was up there this past weekend and played it a couple of times during the day (don't ask) and found a bunch of lights and put them on the baskets, so it should be better.

We played a 9 hole glow round on Friday night and had a blast.

Overall, the courses are in the best shape I've ever seen them. And I've been up there a lot in the past three years. We never played Bear because of how overgrown it always was, but this year it was in great shape and was a totally fun beat down. If you want to feel bad about your game, play Bear, LOL.

The pro shop while not "Rollin Ridge" quality was at least open at one point and Mike was a gracious host in John's absence.

We had a great weekend of disc fellowship on great courses in great shape.

It's pretty hit and miss at Chestnut for lights right now. I was up there this past weekend and played it a couple of times during the day (don't ask) and found a bunch of lights and put them on the baskets, so it should be better.

We played a 9 hole glow round on Friday night and had a blast.

Overall, the courses are in the best shape I've ever seen them. And I've been up there a lot in the past three years. We never played Bear because of how overgrown it always was, but this year it was in great shape and was a totally fun beat down. If you want to feel bad about your game, play Bear, LOL.

The pro shop while not "Rollin Ridge" quality was at least open at one point and Mike was a gracious host in John's absence.

We had a great weekend of disc fellowship on great courses in great shape.

Thanks so much for the update. Can't handle the wait, I have only been there once and thought it was pretty amazing and to hear that it is getting better rather than worse as I have always heard has me ecstatic. The weather is supposed to be super nice up there this weekend to so hell yeah. And I won't ask but sorry you had to play Chestnut with light out when you could have been up on the hill lol.

Anybody here going to be at Highbridge this Saturday? I'm heading out there at 11 and will be there at noon and I'm going to play Blueberry and another course, undecided yet. I need people to throw with!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody here going to be at Highbridge this Saturday? I'm heading out there at 11 and will be there at noon and I'm going to play Blueberry and another course, undecided yet. I need people to throw with!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy I was up there Saturday too bad I didn't check the forums or we could have met up. We played bear on that day though so we weren't really available anyways. We played Gold and Woodland on Fri and then played The Bear, which as mentioned is in great shape, on Sat. After Bear half of my group called it quits for the rest of the day, a course that difficult and being hungover/still drunk doesn't work too well for them I guess lol. Those of us still willing to disc went and played Blueberry around 4:30ish and broke out the glow after hole 10 to finish the round in the dark. I must say Blueberry is a very nice course for glow for sure.

We were booked to stay in Blueberry One but the people who had the Honka cancelled and we got upgraded to the Honka for free which was awesome. Much better than the bunkhouse where we stayed last year. I have to second all the recent people saying that the courses them selves are in the best shape in a long time up there. I have only been there once before but it is a very noticeable difference between then and now. I hope this trend of improvement continues as my group plans to have a trip up there at least once a year for as long as we can.

Jeremy I was up there Saturday too bad I didn't check the forums or we could have met up. We played bear on that day though so we weren't really available anyways. We played Gold and Woodland on Fri and then played The Bear, which as mentioned is in great shape, on Sat. After Bear half of my group called it quits for the rest of the day, a course that difficult and being hungover/still drunk doesn't work too well for them I guess lol. Those of us still willing to disc went and played Blueberry around 4:30ish and broke out the glow after hole 10 to finish the round in the dark. I must say Blueberry is a very nice course for glow for sure.

We were booked to stay in Blueberry One but the people who had the Honka cancelled and we got upgraded to the Honka for free which was awesome. Much better than the bunkhouse where we stayed last year. I have to second all the recent people saying that the courses them selves are in the best shape in a long time up there. I have only been there once before but it is a very noticeable difference between then and now. I hope this trend of improvement continues as my group plans to have a trip up there at least once a year for as long as we can.

I liked the Honka House a lot when I stayed there two years ago, but beware that when the place is full, people will come knocking at all hours to use the sh*tter.

We stayed at the bunkhouse this year and found it to be a great option.

Glad you had fun. Courses were great this year!

There is a basement bathroom at the Honka House; separate from the upstairs activities that people could be referred to.

There is a basement bathroom at the Honka House; separate from the upstairs activities that people could be referred to.

Yeah, we tried. I can't count number of times we had campers in the bathroom when we came back from playing a round...

Plus, that basement bathroom was Buffalo Bill type stuff.

I had Johnny call me last night telling me he found my Tesla on Hole 2 of Blueberry! He's gonna ship it back home to me! Awesome stuff.
:thmbup::thmbup:

Thats awesome he is returning your tesla. I lost a champ FB somewhere on Blueberry too, wasn't in the rough just a little intoxicated so I forgot to pick it up as it blends in well with the leaves!

My only beef with the bunkhouse is that the majority of the time you will end up sharing it with other golfers. When we were up there last year we had some people staying with us in the bunkhouse and they ate a bunch of our food which really irked me. I have heard that the same thing will happen with the Honka house as well if you don't have enough people in your group to fill it which is why we had originally wanted to stay in Blueberry one.

Latest posts