• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

I always read this thread. Not because I'll ever even be in Wisconsin, but because of the comedy. The private courses I go to here in Texas are just well run, really nice places to play. There's no "soap opera" drama going down. I'm kind of glad though... I'm entertained by this thread.

I've played private courses all over the place, Texas included, and as a set of courses, I'd take the HBH complex and all of its "drama" over any others. It's a magical and admittedly strange place.

I'm not sure how much of this thread to believe.

But for entertainment's sake, I choose to believe it all.

Believe it all, and then imagine even more that people haven't said yet.
I was supposed to open up my pro shop there a couple years ago, even moved up there and got a winter job at the ski hill. Heard lots of interesting stories from the old timely locals.
Eventually his 'plans changed' and I my pro shop/services were no longer needed so I moved back home. It's F'ed up, but so glad I got out when I did, he basically just wanted me to buy some land or otherwise invest large amounts of money into his ideas that will never succeed given where it is, the weather, and it's population density.

I was supposed to open up my pro shop there a couple years ago, even moved up there and got a winter job at the ski hill. Heard lots of interesting stories from the old timely locals.
Eventually his 'plans changed' and I my pro shop/services were no longer needed so I moved back home. It's F'ed up, but so glad I got out when I did, he basically just wanted me to buy some land or otherwise invest large amounts of money into his ideas that will never succeed given where it is, the weather, and it's population density.

idk your website isnt even up and working

This is what gets me. For every event you actually hear about, there are about fifty more that actually happen.

It's like an onion of sketchiness and drama, but with a siren's song of incredible grounds and wild whiskey dreams so good it ensures just about any discer in earshot will dash their ship on the rocks at least once.

I want to go but I'm afraid it will ruin me.

This is what gets me. For every event you actually hear about, there are about fifty more that actually happen.

It's like an onion of sketchiness and drama, but with a siren's song of incredible grounds and wild whiskey dreams so good it ensures just about any discer in earshot will dash their ship on the rocks at least once.

I want to go but I'm afraid it will ruin me.

I've been up there once, had a pretty ****ed up time and played some magical rounds, and I will probably still go back. Siren song is pretty apt.

So many dreams.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dude I had no idea you got involved or were about to get involved in this fiasco. He tried to bring me in once too . . .

John wanted to have me come up and design 3 more courses (all after meeting me 1 time and knowing I had played a ton of courses and was an aspiring designer) . . . but I did my due diligence and asked prior designers/employees for input and they said "go if you want your name on something but don't go if you want to get paid for your efforts!" I'm not even sure what land wasn't being used to add the courses . . . but since he cannot maintain the 7 (yes 7 supposedly) he had (including the infamous Whitetail that never was completed beyond like Hole #7) I told him I wasn't interested if the courses couldn't be maintained so why add 3 more courses? He already had the most courses of any property and people will come for the 6 1/3 courses you have.

Doesn't their promo video claim they have something like 10+ courses (if you count the combo courses like Granite Berry, and Blue Woodland)

I would rewatch it...but I don't want to

Doesn't their promo video claim they have something like 10+ courses (if you count the combo courses like Granite Berry, and Blue Woodland)

I would rewatch it...but I don't want to

Yeah: blueberry, granite, granberry, blue ridge, gold, white gold, woodlands, bear, chestnut, crown jewel. I think those are the 10 they claim. Throw in white tail and you are at 11.

Yeah: blueberry, granite, granberry, blue ridge, gold, white gold, woodlands, bear, chestnut, crown jewel. I think those are the 10 they claim. Throw in white tail and you are at 11.

I've also played what I call Bearland Green, combo of I think bear front 11 or something and then a slight walk over to woodland to finish another like 9 holes or something, idk it's been a few years. Soon they'll be advertising 20+ courses!

Yeah, in the reality everyone except John lives in there are 5 courses at HBH, formerly 6 (RIP Chestnut).

Latest posts