• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

So it's an EDM fest using a merry prankster reference? LOL

So it's an EDM fest using a merry prankster reference? LOL
NO. Most definitely not EDM. I've played at several of them, including every edition at HBH. and we are most definitely not playing EDM kiddy music at any point.
This is the 25th anniversary of the event, and there's quite a bit more of a complicated story with the original pranksters that I don't have the authority or ability or enough knowledge to tell here. But, John Kuzich did do the original bus flyer, and it was actually given the blessing to exist with the proper spelling.

That's great to read. I've been every year, and have been friends, or worked with the people around the event for quite a few years. A lot has changed in the 25 years since its original inception.

DBN fer life. I'm not sure I'm gonna make it this year and it bums me right the **** out, but I am glad to hear it can continue to be @ Highbridge, I probably never would have got to play these courses otherwise. My Furthur-stamped Voodoo makes me happy every time I look at it!

It's Even Further, which is nowhere as big as InfraSound.

They were respectful of the courses for the most part.

I don't know the status of InfraSound for this year, but there is a substantial amount of money to be made from them for use of the grounds.

No, Infrasound this year, they haven't replied back. To be completely fair the messy year everyone refers too was almost entirely due to record amounts of rain the week before and during the event, they could've canceled it entirely but there was no other way to avoid the muddy mess that did get repaired relatively quickly. The trash they left was unnecessary but honestly packing up a muddy waterlogged tent while it is pouring and your car is stuck in the mud and your coming down off a weekend of random drugs was probably not most people's top priority. All fests leave lots of trash, you should see the dumpsters full of stuff that I see. Being prepared for it is the key.

Chestnut will be the fest grounds while all disc golf will stay up top. There will be more fests, when and which ones will be figured out as we get going. Do you want to host one??

No, Infrasound this year, they haven't replied back. To be completely fair the messy year everyone refers too was almost entirely due to record amounts of rain the week before and during the event, they could've canceled it entirely but there was no other way to avoid the muddy mess that did get repaired relatively quickly. The trash they left was unnecessary but honestly packing up a muddy waterlogged tent while it is pouring and your car is stuck in the mud and your coming down off a weekend of random drugs was probably not most people's top priority. All fests leave lots of trash, you should see the dumpsters full of stuff that I see. Being prepared for it is the key.

Chestnut will be the fest grounds while all disc golf will stay up top. There will be more fests, when and which ones will be figured out as we get going. Do you want to host one??

Yes I would love to.

Once the snow melts I will be back to volunteer. No doubt in my mind that Mtn Man will make this the best disc golf destination on the planet. Previous management held back the true potential of this amazing piece of property and I am excited to work with people who have good intentions for the sport of disc golf at Highbridge and abroad.

Once the snow melts I will be back to volunteer. No doubt in my mind that Mtn Man will make this the best disc golf destination on the planet. Previous management held back the true potential of this amazing piece of property and I am excited to work with people who have good intentions for the sport of disc golf at Highbridge and abroad.
That's great news! I'm looking forward to working with and learning course maintenance from you.

If possible could I get some insight as to what all needs to be done to get the campground licensed and operational again? My group is looking to come up Memorial Day weekend and just curious if we should feel confident things will be ok by then or if we should have other arrangements made up?

Special attention will paid to Bear.

First step is opening up access to some of the back 9 so we can remove the fallen trees in the fairways. Depends on how fast it drys up after the melt. Luckily i got a 4wheel drive and spent a couple years doing logging and tree work so I dont see it taking too long. I always wanted to get this course pristine. It has been neglected for years but is a hidden gem. Also its the only course i havent played a glow round on so I gotta check that off the list this year. Last year I got a lot of thorns and overgrowth off the tee pads for the highbridge highstakes guys so that should be more manageable. Without my time spent addressing county shut downs and Johns random half ass projects I can finally devote all my time to the golf courses. Really what I wanted to do all along. I see no reason the bear course wont be tournament ready by the 1st of June if not sooner.

If possible could I get some insight as to what all needs to be done to get the campground licensed and operational again? My group is looking to come up Memorial Day weekend and just curious if we should feel confident things will be ok by then or if we should have other arrangements made up?

Needs a water source closer to the campground. Either drill a well or run a line from the shower house. The county might give Mtn Man a temporary exception though, they gave JJ a year to fix it and he never did. Seems only fair they should give Mtn Man the same deadline.

Latest posts