• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge, WI

Camgolfer

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I don't know much about this area, but I was just wondering why there are so many seemingly well designed courses so close to each other. Are these private lands that have all been developed or is the Parks Department really really excited about disc golf?

Hibridge Wi

Hibridge Sports complex is a growing company that is building 10 courses on site. They are trying to be a all in one outdoor stop for all outdoor sports and activities. Because it is private land it is a pay to play but the course fee in minimal for what kind of courses you get. All the courses are world class and pretty well groomed. In my opinion they are the best courses in the Midwest and can compete with the top in the nation. The only down sides to the courses is that they are pretty far north for most people and the courses themselves are pretty difficult for the casual disc golf player. However on the up side there is a deal where you can either camp on location or stay in the house located right at the top of some of the disc golf courses. I highly recommend you visit at some point.

I really want to play highbridge in the near future. I only hear good things about the courses. I just wish it was a little closer to the Chicagoland/Milwaukee area.

They have very attractive lodging rates. This may be the next vacation I take...

A bunch of my friends and siblings and I have reserved the Honka House for every Memorial Day weekend for the foreseeable future...we went up there for our first trip in 2008 and only spent 3 days, and we felt SO RUSHED trying to play all the courses and enjoy everything else in the area (closest city is Ashland about 20 miles away, but if you desire more solitude and nature on your vacations, there are hiking trails, waterfalls, scenic overlooks, and so much more!), so this past Memorial Day we booked it for 6 days, invited 3 times as many people ($24/person/night to stay in the Honka House, with large-group discounts--we paid $20/person/night), and played through everything at a more leisurely pace. There are 5 completed 18-hole courses currently and a 24-hour lit 9-hole course (drinking and night golf is thus not out of the question!), and by next year Jon should have his 6th course--Whitetail--ready for play. As another poster stated, the goal is to have 10 full courses, and he's got the extra land to do it! Not only disc golf, but he's also putting in a BMX dirt track, an outdoor stage for music festivals, I believe a paintball arena, bike trails, an ultimate course, and a lot more. It's still pretty rustic up there; not a "resort" in the typical sense of the word, but if you love disc golf and are willing to travel a serious distance to enjoy some top-notch courses, this place is PURE HEAVEN. There are plenty of investment opportunities, too; you'll get the equivalent of a time-share cabin for 4 weeks a year with a hefty donation, but that time-share is for life, and your children's lives, and your grandchildren. You'd essentially be a stockholder in what could in the future be a #1 Disc Golf Destination. I could go on and on about Highbridge, but that'll just get me all excited for our next Memorial Day trip and could potentially make some folks out here jealous. :)

Played high bridge over memorial day weekend. Had a membership last two years at Token Creek in Madison, and have one this year at Standing Rocks in Stevens Point. Those two courses are nice, and well reviewed on here, but don't touch Highbridge Gold, Blueberry, or Granite Ridge. Average drive for me is only 280-300, but I love the length at this complex. Only drawback is that it is in the middle of nowhere. But there is NO place I would rather spend a day of disc golf.

...there is NO place I would rather spend a day of disc golf.

I concur wholeheartedly! Both times I've left there, I was sad to have to leave. I'd readily move to the area, but even within an hour radius you're talking not much in the way of dense population or "urban" areas, and while I live in a small town and desire to continue small-town living, I like to have a city with all its amenities within a ten- or fifteen-minute drive.

The first time I left Highbridge and we planned our return for next Memorial Day, I thought about our next trip throughout the next year. Then I was up there this past Memorial Day, six days went REALLY fast but we accomplished a lot, and ever since I've left, it's been on my mind. Knowing I'm going back makes me really want to work on polishing up my game, and it's great to come back from there playing all those courses and just CRUSHING sh*t back home on your local course like it's nothing.

Go there if you ever get the chance. It's not an area most people will just be "passing through"; you'll need to plan this trip out and make sure you bring enough people to secure the Honka House (if you want the whole place to yourselves; otherwise, it's a bunk-style cabin with multiple sleeping areas and can comfortably house about 20-22), or there are primitive camping sites (although he might have water/electric hookups; I'm not sure), and as I stated before, there will soon be individual cabins all over the top of the hill (near Blueberry Hill) once the investments come in. Call Jon if you're interested...he's a super cool guy, and all his contact info is at the above website of Highbridge.

A bunch of my friends and siblings and I have reserved the Honka House for every Memorial Day weekend for the foreseeable future...we went up there for our first trip in 2008 and only spent 3 days, and we felt SO RUSHED trying to play all the courses and enjoy everything else in the area (closest city is Ashland about 20 miles away, but if you desire more solitude and nature on your vacations, there are hiking trails, waterfalls, scenic overlooks, and so much more!), so this past Memorial Day we booked it for 6 days, invited 3 times as many people ($24/person/night to stay in the Honka House, with large-group discounts--we paid $20/person/night), and played through everything at a more leisurely pace. There are 5 completed 18-hole courses currently and a 24-hour lit 9-hole course (drinking and night golf is thus not out of the question!), and by next year Jon should have his 6th course--Whitetail--ready for play. As another poster stated, the goal is to have 10 full courses, and he's got the extra land to do it! Not only disc golf, but he's also putting in a BMX dirt track, an outdoor stage for music festivals, I believe a paintball arena, bike trails, an ultimate course, and a lot more. It's still pretty rustic up there; not a "resort" in the typical sense of the word, but if you love disc golf and are willing to travel a serious distance to enjoy some top-notch courses, this place is PURE HEAVEN. There are plenty of investment opportunities, too; you'll get the equivalent of a time-share cabin for 4 weeks a year with a hefty donation, but that time-share is for life, and your children's lives, and your grandchildren. You'd essentially be a stockholder in what could in the future be a #1 Disc Golf Destination. I could go on and on about Highbridge, but that'll just get me all excited for our next Memorial Day trip and could potentially make some folks out here jealous. :)
Sounds awesome up there. Me and my friends for SURE have to road trip up there from Fredonia, WI. I want to go so bad! :)

Camgolfer, I'm originally from Wisconsin and never heard of this place. Give me a heads up if you're really planning on taking a trip there. Sounds amazing.

Latest posts