• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highway 101 & 1 - Pacific Coast Highway

redwrath

Bogey Member
I am planning a PCH trip through WA, OR and most of CA. I do not have any WA or OR courses under my belt and have time to play at least 3 rounds. Anyone have any suggestions for courses that are right along the coast?

Got a brand new 18 Hole course in Azalea Park In Brookings, OR. Just north Gold Beach has a new 10 hole course in Buffington Park. Its on a slope with small wooded holes, very technical. There is Wilder DGC farther up the coast outside of Newport. And Trojan Park in Rainer, OR is on the Columbia River.

I am planning a PCH trip through WA, OR and most of CA. I do not have any WA or OR courses under my belt and have time to play at least 3 rounds. Anyone have any suggestions for courses that are right along the coast?

The only decent course in Western Washington that's on the coast and Hwy 101 itself would be Lincoln Park in Port Angeles. It's on the North shore of the Olympic Peninsula, on the Strait of Juan de Fuca. The best course on Hwy 101 would be Shelton Springs. It's awesome, but it's about an hour from the actual coast.

Lots of other good courses around if you get away from the coast, though.

Last edited:
The only decent course in Western Washington that's on the coast and Hwy 101 itself would be Lincoln Park in Port Angeles. It's on the North shore of the Olympic Peninsula, on the Strait of Juan de Fuca. The best course on Hwy 101 would be Shelton Springs. It's awesome, but it's about an hour from the actual coast.

Lots of other good courses around if you get away from the coast, though.

One could argue that it's better to just skip the coastal side of WA, and take the eastern portion of 101. West 101 only touches the actual coast for a short portion, and the part that you see isn't all that special (not compared to what you see along the OR and CA coasts at least). A lot of the land you see along the way is heavily forested too, which is never great to look at. East 101 on the other hand follows the Hood Canal for the majority, and has lots of beauty along the way. Plus, it takes you right through Shelton. :thmbup: From there, you can head out to majestic Aberdeen and hook up with 101 again and be closer to the ocean.

From North to South: Whistlers Bend, Beachfront Park, The Redwood Curtain and DeLa. OG is worth a round for nostalgia if you're going that far South.

It's not really a great course, but Beachfront DGC in Crescent City is about as "on the coast" as it's possible to get. It's fun, and worth a play if you are in the area and have time, but it's nothing to go out of your way for.

here's a cute little course on 101 w/a b&b to stay at: The Meadow (i just reviewed it)

like others have said, if your in it for the disc golf, you will get better courses going up I-5 (in oregon at least)