• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD (2014 Worlds Edition): McCormick Park Hole #3 St. Helens, OR

@iDiscGolf

* Ace Member *
Course Info

Course Map

Hole #3 Pin A 272ft at McCormick Park look from the tee pad.
picture.php

Halfway
picture.php

Basket
picture.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If you were fortunate enough to witness any of the rounds at the 2012 Pro World Championships in Charlotte, NC, you'll have a good idea of what McCormick Park is like. It's actually a few feet shorter in overall length than Pier Park but because of the way it is designed and layed out, it comes in at a par of 62. It's heavily wooded and forces players to play precision placement shots off the tee and on their approaches. It's another make or break type of course because of how quickly a par can turn into a double bogey, triple bogey, or worse.

Wow, that's tight. I'd say Tangent, flat from a standstill and hope I stay in the fairway. Ion from there for maybe a 3.

Or, the hero shot would be to throw an Amp laser, straight to the basket for the bird attempt. It's crazy risky though.

Go big or go home, right?

I've only played out here once so far.

FH Firebird into a tree
Miraculous FH Teebird upshot
KC Pro Aviar finish

Probably a RHFH Star Teebird, low and straight, and hope for some kind of good skip at the end.

@iDiscGolf;2543312 ------------------------------------------------------------------- If you were fortunate enough to witness any of the rounds at the 2012 Pro World Championships in Charlotte said:
Not exactly, McCormick is in much worse condition than any of the courses played in Charlotte. Its a different type of area. Almost all fairways are covered in patches of fern (appropriate for the North West) very tight fairways with absolutely no space off the fairways. Many of the greens are only 15' wide, its like the course was made to the basket and then no more work was done to extend greens to give proper putting lanes, you cannot run baskets and have a putt back. Additionally on most of the fairways, drag piles border the fairway or green. I had probably 4 putts standing on top of drag piles, with in 20' from the pin. It feels like this course was cut within the last month or 2. All Charlotte courses were in the ground at least a year prior to Worlds and were sprayed for ivy and ground cover prior as well. charlotte built 10 courses in 3 years and none had the issues that this single course had with drag piles, tightness, upper canopy thickness, and general over grown feel. You have to walk through a creek to get from 1 to 2. Also, what a shame, some idiot carved with a chainsaw and other implements, into trees, the tee box information on the first 4 holes. So sad, just encourages vandalism. There were perfectly good sign posts concreted in (with no signage, but the tree destruction was unnecessary. You can kind of see it in the first picture. Anyway....

Just a BH Buzzz SS or an anny sidearm with a firebird for me. There was a low tommy line I believe, too.

Last edited:
Truth, RHBH, with a one step, shot low to control the landing. The goal would be to take 200' or so out of the alley and have a decent shot or stance for the 2nd.

Latest posts