• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole of the day 4-20-2010

I'd probably put some hyzer on a Star Stingray. Otherwise I'd throw my banged up Star Cro or Star Aviar.

I would throw my Wizard. If there was wind to contend with, I might throw a mid.

I'd go with the Mako, straight up the middle.

River Grove DGC in Kingwood, TX

Hole 12 221 ft par 3

Pretty straight forward tunnel shot:

32bd4868.jpg

Holy crap, I can't believe that a picture I took is the photo of the day! Man, that rocks.

Ok, this is hole #12 at my home course. Its 221 ft straight. You really gotta watch that tree on the right about half way down the fairway. That is the one that is going to get you. Here is how I play this hole:

If I am going for the ace, I throw a Buzz. That way it will be air born when it gets there.

If I just want to park it, I throw a 176 Soft Magnet, and lay it right next to the basket.

This hole is more tricky than it looks, because its only about 12ft wide, and it has a very low celing.

This course is located just north of Houston by the way.

Star Mako
If ther's a headwind, Star San Marino Roc
Tailwind, QMS

Star Mako
If ther's a headwind, Star San Marino Roc
Tailwind, QMS

Trust me, no wind on that course. You are playing through a think forest on that course. Even on a windy day , there are only a couple of holes where the wind comes into play. This is not one of them. This hole is buried way back in the woods.

That must be one of the holes I butchered when I played with Midnight. So I'm really not qualified to offer an opinion, but here it goes anyway. I would throw my Core, overthrow, hit the tree on the right, bounce it deep into the woods on the right and take a 5.

If I am going for the ace, I throw a Buzz. That way it will be air born when it gets there.

If I just want to park it, I throw a 176 Soft Magnet, and lay it right next to the basket.

Replace the Magnet with an Ion and you have my answer, though I'd probably never choose the Buzzz...

Beautiful little run. Tough choice.
Safe: flick a beaten, Ch Rhyno on a slight anhyzer aiming right at the big tree on the right and hope to get a super tight "S" that ends up fading a little to the right of the basket.
Go for it: flick a Z Buzz right up the gut and hope it finds its way through the trees without skipping too far past the basket.

wizard, thrown flat
aviar, slight hyzer

That must be one of the holes I butchered when I played with Midnight. So I'm really not qualified to offer an opinion, but here it goes anyway. I would throw my Core, overthrow, hit the tree on the right, bounce it deep into the woods on the right and take a 5.

In that case, I might go with a FLX Challenger, FLX Buzzz, or my beat-all-to-hades Evo Warlock. When they hit, they flop - no bounce.

HHHMMMM. I do own all of those discs. Maybe 1 or 2 should go in the bag. Or one of those Ions I keep hearing about.

Buzzz straight down the pipe or, more likely I'll throw my Coyote and try to flex it a bit and get a tight little S-curve.
I also bet I could FH my FL and have a nice chance at an ace run...although when it hits and skips, it's going at least 15-20 feet to the right...I'd still try it though.

Latest posts