• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Holler in the Hills closed?

zrxchris

Birdie Member
My in laws live in Indiana and I try and usually hit Idlewild when visiting.
This trip I was thinking of Holler in The hills instead?

Is it really closed?

I'm sorry I haven't gotten to Holler yet. Hope Howie gets another chance to make it work.

Idlewild is a great course but Lincoln Ridge is a fun course that I enjoyed equally.

Seconded! :clap: Another option nearer Louisville: get in touch with Eric to see about playing Coyote Trace.

Of course, if you are looking for play in the Mammoth Cave area, Goat Path is pretty cool (another one to contact the owner, Greg).

I don't recommend Goat Path this time of year - I went 2 years ago and the owner didn't even recommend it but got the course cut for me and some friends(it was fathers day weekend). Ticks were crazy - was camping at Nolin Lake and found 17 ticks on me when I got back to my campsite - we even used Off w/ Deet. Goat Path is a good time just more of a winter course - just my thought

^^ Good call :doh: :hfive:: I have only been there in December.

I also strongly recommend playing Coyote Trace. Very hilly, wooded, challenging course that's getting very good reviews and is very well maintained. Just give Eric a call to set up a tee time before you go.

I'm surprised that article had no mention of the disc golf course, or disc golfers frequenting the property, or relating to disc golf in any manner...

I highly recommend Coyote Trace. Well worth your stop. Make sure to take extra water and some snacks. When I played this course it took almost 4 hours with 1 other person. We weren't moving fast, but we didn't drag our heels either.

Ticks are terrible this time of year at The Goat Path. Especially when you get into the rough. Deet and permetherine work well together, but I still find a few. If you want to stop here I will make sure it is cut. If you give me plenty of notice and the weather cooperates.

Didn't they use the course for some divisions in the Bowling Green Ams this year? I know it was in the plans at one time. If so, I'll bet the organizers are greatly relieved that this occurred now, now then. Imagine running a thousand-person event and having to find a new course at the last moment!

Then you have to wonder about the closed until August statement. August? This is all over in August?

Didn't they use the course for some divisions in the Bowling Green Ams this year? I know it was in the plans at one time. If so, I'll bet the organizers are greatly relieved that this occurred now, now then. Imagine running a thousand-person event and having to find a new course at the last moment!

Then you have to wonder about the closed until August statement. August? This is all over in August?

Yup, it was available for the VBB and the actual BG Ams.

Maybe that's his court date? Yea they definitely used Holler for BG Ams. All womens groups and the senior groups played it on Saturday.

They really dissed those divisions at the BG Ams this year. NONE of their courses were actually in Bowling Green.

Latest posts