• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Home Course

1988-2002.......... River Bends in Shelby Twp, MI
2002-07.......... Wagner & Starr Parks in Royal Oak, MI
2007- present............... Joralemon Park, Coeymans, NY

My home course is Hornet's Nest, it's 8 miles from my driveway to the first tee. When I'm at my girlfriend's it's Fox Chase.

home course(s)

Just to mention a few, cause they are all within 30 miles or so from one another:

Verterans Park, Sylmar Ca. (play this one the most)
Oak Grove, Pasadena, ca (within 15 miles from above)
Chavez Ridge, Los angeles, ca (Near Dodger Stadium Beautiful view of stadium from hole 18 basket)

my Favorite is La Mirada Regional located in La Mirada, its about 1 hour from my house but use to be my local course about 12 years ago.

My home course is Vastwood Park a mere 4 miles away, although I play Charlie Vettiner in Louisville more than any other.

I cut my DG teeth on the OLD Banklick Park back in '89, continued to call the new Banklick (aka: Lincoln Ridge Park) "home" until moving to western KY in '99.
For awhile thereafter Yellow Creek Park, 15mins from here, was "home."

Until I got the chance to design Vastwood.
:D

My home course is my back yard or any open field I can find that I can set up my Instep basket (which I do about 4 times a week). The nearest course to me is 42 miles. I use to go 4 to 5 times a week but now money is tight and the gas is expensive. Once a week is a good one right now.

Last 5 years- equal distance between Patapsco and Rockburn in MD...Patapsco is my all time fave.

I also live pretty much between these two courses. I also agree that Patapsco is an incredible course, especially with the concrete tees and permanent champion layout being in. Rockburn has grown on me quite a bit though too.

Before that... Cedar hills in Raleigh NC

I also live pretty much between these two courses. I also agree that Patapsco is an incredible course, especially with the concrete tees and permanent champion layout being in. Rockburn has grown on me quite a bit though too.

Before that... Cedar hills in Raleigh NC

Patapsco has concrete tees now. :) I'll have to make it back to check that out.

My home course is Vastwood Park a mere 4 miles away, although I play Charlie Vettiner in Louisville more than any other.

I cut my DG teeth on the OLD Banklick Park back in '89, continued to call the new Banklick (aka: Lincoln Ridge Park) "home" until moving to western KY in '99.
For awhile thereafter Yellow Creek Park, 15mins from here, was "home."

Until I got the chance to design Vastwood.
:D

Nice, I love Vastwood.. its about 45 mins away from where I live. Always a good time.

Patoka Lake! WHOOT WHOOT!

I'm lucky that I live close to several disc golf courses.

I guess I would call Calvary Hill, St. Cloud, MN as my primary home course just because I have played it the most.

I also play Riverside Park, St. Cloud, MN a lot but its always crowded and hearing "fore" is to common for me to really play it a ton.

My favorite local course is Hidden Lake Disc Golf Sanctuary in St. Augusta, MN just because its very challenging and has a little bit of everything.

Other than those, I have played Northside Park in Sartell MN, River's Edge in Waite Park MN, Millstream Park in St. Joe MN, Benton Beach in Rice MN, and Sportsman Hill in Clearwater MN often due to all of them being close to were I live. Currently, Northside Park is the closest to me, but its only a 12 hole course compared to several 18 hole course very close by.

I have to say that mine is Bracketts Bluff (now that I have paid for the "membership"). Before that I called Kilborne TPC and North Cabarrus Park DGC my "home course". I only live about 5 miles from the Bluff.

The Bluff

I am about 2 hours from Brackett's Bluff and am thinking about a membership. Great course. Great people. I shot like sh*t and still love the place. I will be back one way or another.

Patapsco has concrete tees now. :) I'll have to make it back to check that out.

tees at patapsco are NOT concrete. we built 16'x6' tee boxes and filled them with crush and run topped off by stone dust then tamped with a power tamper...better than concrete (IMO).

when?

tees at patapsco are NOT concrete. we built 16'x6' tee boxes and filled them with crush and run topped off by stone dust then tamped with a power tamper...better than concrete (IMO).

how recent are these tees because I was there last thanksgiving i think.?

The first course I ever played 15 years ago was Earl W Brewer park in grandrapids,mi and I would call it my home course as well. Its basically the biggest most well known course in the west michigan area. I learned the game out there and remains one of my favorite places to disc. (the park has 36 holes, It has 4 seperate 9 hole courses and practice baskets offering about every situation imaginable, one thing missing is it has no water, this could be good or bad depending on what hazzards you like).

Latest posts