• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How can I throw 500ft?

As for the guy that says "most" of the guys throwing over 425' for accurate golf D are touring pros - that isn't even close. I've met more non-touring pros that throw 425' accurately than I have touring pros. :p That isn't to say most all of the top guys can't, but that there are a ton of MA1 or lower guys that can. Toledo, Ohio local area alone I can count off of the top of my head 6 guys (Jamie Whitehead, Carl Rice, Evan Hughes, Mike Bourquin, Mike Boyd, Nick Gray) that can all throw accurately well over 425', all of them have touched 550' - and none of them has played a tournament above Advanced. And I'm probably leaving a few names out.

No offence, but BS. If you can throw 425' accurately (read: into the putting circle on a confined hole) you had better not be bagging AM. Me thinks yours and my definitions of "accurately" may be different...

I'll tell you how I do it.

Throw twice. Sometimes I am even almost 600'. How about that?

If someone made the joke already, I dont care

No offence, but BS. If you can throw 425' accurately (read: into the putting circle on a confined hole) you had better not be bagging AM. Me thinks yours and my definitions of "accurately" may be different...

This sunday at lakeshore, an old 9 hole ball golf course, i belive woj's point will be proven.

This sunday at lakeshore, an old 9 hole ball golf course, i belive woj's point will be proven.

Look, I can throw accurately at 425'. I sure can't do it consistently and I have seen very few that can. But hey, maybe all the players in MN just suck at disc :popcorn:

what separates the best players are the ones that can putt and play intelligently with versatility.

^^^this this this

I know this response is way off topic, but I've stopped trying to throw farther (what's the real difference of 375' to 425'/450' in NC woods) and apply versatility along with a better putting technique.

Too much obsession with bombing, when most that I see win divisions putt like madmen and know when to throw the thumber, flick, etc.

Look, I can throw accurately at 425'. I sure can't do it consistently and I have seen very few that can. But hey, maybe all the players in MN just suck at disc :popcorn:

I actually have a hard time believing so few in mn have cannons.

find a big hill. that makes throwing 500' much easier. that way, your discs will get used to staying in the air longer. then when you get back to flat ground, they will remember the experience and be much more cooperative.

12e8c988_m.jpg

aefe845f_m.jpg

Do it up boys, who is parking this? 443'.

12e8c988_m.jpg

aefe845f_m.jpg

To throw a bh drive down the pipe 400 feet is unlikely. But a well placed roller could get there. There are more ways to throw far than just bh.

Secondly. To throw bh or fh far 400+ you'll need some room to let the disc move left and right.

Secondly. To throw bh or fh far 400+ you'll need some room to let the disc move left and right.

What makes you think this? I can throw 400' pretty easily on a really straight line. I am nowhere near consistent in doing that on an intended line (meaning I miss left or right of my aim), but I can make it happen consistently. The only thing I can thing of is that discs will fade at the end of the flight, but that doesn't mean they can't travel that far straight.

12e8c988_m.jpg

aefe845f_m.jpg

Me :) I solo deuced it for the first time last week during a dubs round. Was pretty awesome. Throwing a roller on that hole is not really an option...

Breaking the 400-425 plateau is largely about getting your hips/core behind your elbow chop with proper wrist tension and grip.

What makes you think this? I can throw 400' pretty easily on a really straight line. I am nowhere near consistent in doing that on an intended line (meaning I miss left or right of my aim), but I can make it happen consistently. The only thing I can thing of is that discs will fade at the end of the flight, but that doesn't mean they can't travel that far straight.

You just posted why.

I get it, never say never. I'm sure many have hit it.

Last edited:

Latest posts