• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do I drive straight?

If you go to a good pro shop, they wouldn't sell a Groove to a new player, anyways...

...support your local pro shop!

bull butter...the only thing in our pro shop is bosses, kats, destroyers, wraiths, nukes...hardly anything under an 8 on the speed numbers.

i can't even replace my leopard there, i have to go online somewhere

bull butter...the only thing in our pro shop is bosses, kats, destroyers, wraiths, nukes...hardly anything under an 8 on the speed numbers.

i can't even replace my leopard there, i have to go online somewhere

Notice that I said "good pro shop." Not "crap pro shop."

I've seen lots of crap pro shops, and was very disappointed. E.g., the one at La Mirada...the dude running the shop is a tennis guy, doesn't know crap about disc golf.

yea, those fairways on those 3 holes at plamman are pretty tough. Tell me if you found either a sidewinder, or buzzz on any of those holes lol. And for the advice, just listen to what everyone else said and start with a slower driver like the gazelle, leopard, cyclone, etc. and get a good stable/understable mid like the buzzz and comet/stingray.

I've seen lots of crap pro shops, and was very disappointed. E.g., the one at La Mirada...the dude running the shop is a tennis guy, doesn't know crap about disc golf.

i heard a guy tell a customer that a discmania TD (turning driver) was the same as an innova destroyer, because the backs both have a D in the ID markings :doh:

Yeah, it's sad that shop got bought out <and the tennis courts> from under Mike Williams. Heard they've had to pull some holes due to complaints.

Yeah, it's sad that shop got bought out <and the tennis courts> from under Mike Williams. Heard they've had to pull some holes due to complaints.

The back 18 has been reduced by something like 4-5 holes, I believe that the real estate of the lost holes has been over-taken by a water park. I lost track of how many holes were left, when I played there a month ago. But some of the longer holes are in the back, and definitely worth playing.

Leopard or Dragon are your best bets for learning how to drive. Ditch the high speed rated discs and don't worry about ego. You want to get technique down. If they aren't going straight, then your release is off. Watch vids and practice until you can get the balanced drivers to go straight, and then move on to the more stable drivers (Teebird, Firebird, Starfire, etc) where you get a straight shot with left hook at the end.

I've played for awhile, and unless it's uphill, I still usually have to cheat with a bit of anhyzer when I throw my Boss discs. It's tempting, but you shouldn't move up to those until you're ready.

Latest posts