• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do I get good green colors?

chrisdefiant

I am having a problem getting any good green colors. I've tried Idye poly"s greens and they turn purple. I've tried rit and nothing happens. What do you use to get good greens? HELP!

what color discs are you putting green on? I've never had an issue with green idye poly but it only used it a couple times on white star plastic

If you want fluorescent type green, then acetone based dyes are your best bet. Spike it and Worm dye are the common ones.

If you want regular greens that actually look green, you can't beat Pylam Bright Green. Can even get fluorescent type colors with that if you mix it with some Fluorescent Yellow.

Pro Chem also has a Meadow Green that I like. It's not nearly as awesome as Pylam, but it's better than iDye.

All that said, you can still get some nice greens out of iDye Green (not Kelly green).

If you want fluorescent type green, then acetone based dyes are your best bet. Spike it and Worm dye are the common ones.

If you want regular greens that actually look green, you can't beat Pylam Bright Green. Can even get fluorescent type colors with that if you mix it with some Fluorescent Yellow.

Pro Chem also has a Meadow Green that I like. It's not nearly as awesome as Pylam, but it's better than iDye.

All that said, you can still get some nice greens out of iDye Green (not Kelly green).

where can you buy pylam dyes? cant seem to find a retailer.

The Disc Golf Store Dyes

Thinking of trying some of this myself. It's a bit more expensive than iDye Poly, but I'm looking for some more intense colors myself... I want to try Spike-It because I've seen a lot of great results, and the prices are good, but from manufacturer they want $15 in shipping! :eek: I'll grab some Pylam, roggen never steers us wrong.

The Disc Golf Store Dyes

Thinking of trying some of this myself. It's a bit more expensive than iDye Poly, but I'm looking for some more intense colors myself... I want to try Spike-It because I've seen a lot of great results, and the prices are good, but from manufacturer they want $15 in shipping! :eek: I'll grab some Pylam, roggen never steers us wrong.

OMG. I didn't know Pylam was sold in small amounts! This is great news. And they have Bright Pink? It's probably dope. Bright Red is like my favorite of all dyes. $12 for a 1/4oz is really steep, but I'll buy anyway.

Hey roggen3 just to let you know the Pylam bt. pink actually sux really bad. I spent a bunch of money to get it and was totally disappointed. The rest of their colors are great but not that one. It actually turns out flesh colored.

Hey roggen3 just to let you know the Pylam bt. pink actually sux really bad. I spent a bunch of money to get it and was totally disappointed. The rest of their colors are great but not that one. It actually turns out flesh colored.

Got any pics? Lame that it's not a super bright pink like I hope - all their other dyes are great. Could still be useful though...

The inside color of these spins is the pylam pink.
Got any pics? Lame that it's not a super bright pink like I hope - all their other dyes are great. Could still be useful though...
picture.php

The inside color of these spins is the pylam pink.
picture.php

Looks good, but more princess pink than hot pink.

I'm carrying an all pink bag and would love some super bright pinks... I'll have to look into different lure dyes. iDye's hot pink gets a little more on the purple side of things.

The outside lines on that dye is I Dye Poly. I get great results with it, I believe you just need to add some more acetone to get better pink, sounds like you have too much dye in your mix.
Looks good, but more princess pink than hot pink.

I'm carrying an all pink bag and would love some super bright pinks... I'll have to look into different lure dyes. iDye's hot pink gets a little more on the purple side of things.

One thing I noticed with the Idye Poly green is that the yellow part of it seems to settle out relatively quickly. I tried a dye where I was looking to get multiple shades of green by unmasking new sections and shortening the dipping time. My first, darkest, green was great, but the lighter sections (that I did later) were noticeably more blue, even my first dark green started going blue. I ended dipping the whole thing in yellow later which mostly saved the design, but the color was still darker and more blue-green than I wanted.

Anyway, since then, I've been making sure I really shake up the green dye in my jar first, keep it well-stirred in the pan, and then bring it to a boil first before I use it. That seems to help me get a more consistent green color.

_D9CfXq9Ey54VgEcpX1ka8mux-Eour3J3GjGH5w5R4RiZdxdhoQKwZBRUZRqPk4XgxA1GoP24-UEVHx28_ydyuNBbKqVYs32V0qzsw07em2WMCui67kNZn4Av_4t7sazmS8gxzI3gh-8-fjOObxUQ_GJMbfv8UDq1z5BRtyL5Oj259VuNnyHxVtid7hB92Ht2zsElJ-Ju33fir8sWMypzGKLuZ5zTXozfehLHCth4QPVxOOh_aBnmEnBuF6Wg6gso4qEcV8cq_gZYwF6lOABws0hGdn5LoEOPUYRUOVC2IvijgWh02LCSpQJ70n9OY2NX_32Dihe7k8YcNrfxup75l6b9C2WSz-juvthJeTS16uWzD9UC4sJKnfEFErpA7pq824cZDd3hmZzCnkOwordK1L70J5ms00rwOgkhL5SiEDVhWN-3OBtLCKu23zEd_K08Yeilw00zzpEUZQ2GnNCSXhDL38wPBP8rmjKXHMGat4iZaDW-0b40tQY11r0HXUkGn9oumEV6jEgo-Bsisf3BflTF-uO4QHP5GyCWlp1fq56ZfJR1gvMsLGd-EqbJ-hZQmWkz9nsGkbdGEwaX26D7BcoMq_Vw48=w921-h900-no

Still haven't tested my Pylam green... REALLY need to get on this. Whenever I get a good design up, I'll post it. From everything I've seen, the Pylam Green should be just what we're all looking for. :thmbup:

Or I could just ship it to JC or Roggen and have them do something that's actually EPIC instead of chump-card. ;)

Latest posts