• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do YOU ink discs?

I'm currently using StazOn. Jet black. I forgot where I got it, it might have been Amazon. It's listed on there. This is the best ink I've ever used.

Same here. I got my Engineer stamp a couple years ago but have yet to use it stamp any actual drawings for work, so I decided to put my stamp to use and now stamp the underside of all my discs. The stazon ink does slowly rub off over time for my heavily used discs, but otherwise works great and is cheap.

In addition to that, I add nickname, phone, home city all on the rim. Overkill I suppose.

Now, I have developed a superstition that if I throw an uninked disc on a hole with any foliage whatsoever, it will almost always find its way into an unfindable spot.

Same here. I got my Engineer stamp a couple years ago but have yet to use it stamp any actual drawings for work, so I decided to put my stamp to use and now stamp the underside of all my discs.

I'm pretty sure if I find a disc stamped "Engineer" I'm gonna bury it even farther into the shule.......

Kidding of course.

Mostly kidding.

I'm currently using StazOn. Jet black. I forgot where I got it, it might have been Amazon. It's listed on there. This is the best ink I've ever used.

Does it seep into the plastic better, especially Champion type? I know the Sharpie can sort of wear off and become light overtime.

I feel like I can't even walk by the MVP rack at the local store without someone telling me they are an engineer.

Haha that's quite interesting. I play an all MVP bag. And I most certainly am NOT an engineer.

I'm one of the lucky people tasked with making their pretty pictures come to life though. Hence my usually good natured ribbing at engineers.

Haha that's quite interesting. I play an all MVP bag. And I most certainly am NOT an engineer.

I'm one of the lucky people tasked with making their pretty pictures come to life though. Hence my usually good natured ribbing at engineers.

I apparently have a strong "I want advice on disc golf from engineers, but I'm too shy to solicit it" look, because people at the store and on course are constantly telling me that they are engineers and answering questions that I didn't ask.

"The part you designed can not be manufactured".

"How can that be?...I designed it in Solidworks".

:wall:

I'm pretty sure if I find a disc stamped "Engineer" I'm gonna bury it even farther into the shule.......

I always figured it was my dumb nickname that caused a no-call, never thought of the disgruntled folks done wrong by engineers.

I'm definitely in the Non MVP throwing engineers category. Didnt know that was a thing but makes some sense since they appeal to the science crowd and all.

Does it seep into the plastic better, especially Champion type? I know the Sharpie can sort of wear off and become light overtime.

It does seep in, stays dark, and lasts longer than any I've used. Works good on Champion plastic and great on Star and Pro type plastics.

Stayzon works great. I just had a disc turned in that was in the elements for over a year.

When I used to just sharpie the rim, I got zero discs back. My personalized stamp though, has paid for itself a hundred times over.

I love that idea. How well do they stay attached?

If your handwriting is bad, this stuff is great. At work I had strong adhesive notes all over the place, indoors and out.

The brand I use is P Touch. The tape is plastic. The standard tape holds up well yet is easy to peel off. It usually holds up through the life of a base plastic disc. The "Strong Adhesive" tape is pretty permanent. I used it on my mini and after several years it's starting to peel.

I just putt name and # on the rim and a distinctive symbol on the top of any disc that could see tournament use.

Not that anyone on my card hardly ever bags any of the discs I throw.

Latest posts