• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you keep track of your score during a casual round?

How do you keep track of your score during a casual round?

• Paper and pencil

Votes: 76 31.1%
  • In my head

Votes: 119 48.8%
  • On my fingers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beads on a string

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Cell phone app

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • Cell phone other (text/notepad)

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • I don't keep score for casual rounds

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.9%

• Total voters
We always just do it from memory.. We don't keep track of the number of shots, just how far over/under we are.
thats the way i do as its all that matters in the end . I found its a good way to keep people honest cause its easy to remember everyones score ,if when you finish each hole everyone says where there at .

sometimes people dont mean to cheat but it happens even with scorecards, i had a guy write a bogey when i shot a par which would have cost me second place in a mini if it hadnt been only a couples holes before the finish and we both remembered what i shot on the hole.
but when you just keep over or under scores it pretty easy to catch mistakes early imo.

In my head, with everything as par 3 just for the sake of simple math. At just a few courses I've switched to playing par 4 because the over par number just got depressingly high.

I use the Disc Golf app on my iPhone. I've got a couple of little gripes with it. First I wish that once you entered your scores on a particular hole it would advance to the next. Secondly I wish below par scores would show up on the saved scorecard in a different color than the par color. Over par is red. Par is black. They could easily use blue or some other color for under par scores.

But other than that it's easy and I usually enter the scores while I'm walking to the next tee. Pretty easy.

Which one do you have...mine is just called, "DiscGolf"

Most of my friends and I just call out our scores after each hole. Although, I do have a couple of hardcore friends I play with from time to time that insist on writing it down and making me use a mini to mark every shot.

Most of the time I write it down. But I do occasionally just keep track of +/- in my head and figure out the score at the end. And sometimes its casual enough I don't even pay attention to score.

sometimes i find writing down your score playing alone can help motivate you to play more serious and take more high % shots ,almost like playing in a tourney . still sometimes its good to play a little reckless when playing casual cause you never know if you dont try.

Back in the day we use to keep our own scores in our heads. It was easy with pro par 3. But then we started playing tournaments had to keep a the score card when it was your turn. This was always a big head trip for me carrying the score card became something I hated during tournament play. It would really mess with my play! So I just started keeping a card all the time and that stress during a tournament went away quite quickly. Now when the card comes to me, I rarely give it up unless someone really wants their turn. Now thanks to DGCR, I can put then to better use.

I use a golf score clicker

It just hangs on the front part of my bag and we count the numbers to par with just a click. They only cost a couple of bucks.

but I have been keeping my scores based on over/under each hole being par three. I do this in my head. But I'm gonna start using the scorebook on DGCR again(have in the past) which means scorecards and pencils!

I really like the scorebook feature on this site, so I always try to get my score in hole-by-hole whereas before I would just remember the total score in relation to par. If I play on an unfamiliar course, I usually try to use the paper/pencil but with a course I play often, I will just put it on the phone at the end of the round and then look it up later and enter my scores in my scorebook.

I lie and take off five strokes at the end of the round. Casual rounds are all about boosting your confidence.

Gotta Go Gotta Throw sends me a little score book every time I order from them. It's set up to be a fiver person card. I just write down the courses I play at the most on top of each 5 person card. Instead of putting a name in the player field I just put the date I played at that particular course.

I love those little score books that they send.

My friends care about the score, so they write it down. I just want my next shot to be perfect. If alone, I couldn't tell you my score. I do know if I play well.

With a pencil and scorecard...and in my head

I typical get the max amount of throws on every hole so I just count down from 9 and see what I get.

The max would be like 162 and if you subtract your total and divide by three you get the therom of what I would not shoot but some really cool math thing. Then I make up a really low number when people ask... Something really good but believable like 17.

i had a great idea for beads on a string! Thought it was original and a good gimick. Damn! Throw that idea out the window

Yeah, I won a set of birdie beads at a local tournament. I use them all the time and I don't like playing a round without them. They're very easy to use and they don't forget/lie.

Latest posts