• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you keep track of your score during a casual round?

How do you keep track of your score during a casual round?

• Paper and pencil

Votes: 76 31.1%
  • In my head

Votes: 119 48.8%
  • On my fingers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beads on a string

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Cell phone app

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • Cell phone other (text/notepad)

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • I don't keep score for casual rounds

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.9%

• Total voters
I got a Roswell Park handy dandy reusable score card. It rocks.

I don't know how you "in your head" guys do it, and I wonder how accurate you are.

I'm a in your head guy, and it's easy to do for me at Rankin, or someplace I've played a few times, but at a course I've never played before, it's tough. I can always remember my overall score, and if I can't remember every hole I just put in an overall score in my scorebook here. The scorebook rocks by the way. I think it's the most under utilized features of this great website.

Well I am including music from all the way back to the 50s just counting 1985 as my first musical appreciation period. I rememeber setting my alarm for 11pm on Sunday nights and hiding the radio under my blankets and listening to Dr. Demento until it ended or I fell asleep, whichever came first.

Well I am including music from all the way back to the 50s just counting 1985 as my first musical appreciation period. I rememeber setting my alarm for 11pm on Sunday nights and hiding the radio under my blankets and listening to Dr. Demento until it ended or I fell asleep, whichever came first.

I used to love that show. To this day, I still occasionally get the song "I'm Looking Over My Dead Dog Rover" stuck in my head.

Oh, I keep score with pen & paper.

Wow! I knew I liked you Scott, I don't think I ever met someone else that knew that song, not that it comes up in conversation much...

I wrote a quick and dirty scorecard app for my phone and use that. Works great, although its not too robust. When I get around to it I need to add more features (specify pin position for each round, the ability to note penalty strokes rather than just total, etc)

Wow! I knew I liked you Scott, I don't think I ever met someone else that knew that song, not that it comes up in conversation much...

The Dr. Demento show was the only bright spot in an otherwise utterly dreary radio landscape (wall-to-wall Journey, Loverboy, Kansas, Styx, Boston, etc.) in northeast Arkansas in my late teen years. The main rock station in Jonesboro ran it at 10 pm Sunday nights, and I hardly ever missed it.

Nearly 30 years on, I can still do a word-perfect recitation ('cuz I can't sing) of Bryan Bowers' "The Scotsman", drunk or sober.

In my head, and then recorded in a spreadsheet when I get home. +/- 3 by hole just to keep the math simple (I don't want to use the p word improperly).