• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you motivate yourself to go play when the weather isn't perfect?

You can pretty much count me out on Rain or winds over 25 MPH.

For some reason I tend to struggle in competitive formats when it's raining or very windy.

Lightning or winds over 25 MPH are the only weather conditions I would use as a reason to skip playing the sport that keeps me healthy, young and alive.

If I only played Disc Golf when weather "was perfect" I would play like 3 times a year. Dude get off your AZZ and GO. How do you motivate, just do it, Nike

I motivate myself by looking outside and thinking about how much fun it is to throw Frisbees. Then I go throw Frisbees. It works 100% of the time.

For some reason I tend to struggle in competitive formats when it's raining or very windy.

Ummm...Doesn't everybody?

Pretty easy for me, I live in a house with my wife and four daughters. Its the only time I have some peace and and quiet.

THIS ^^^^

You want to find motivation? Get married, have children and get a 50+ hour a week job like I have and you'll be begging to play dg every waking moment regardless of weather.

OP problem solved.

/thread.

I'll usually get out and DG at the drop of a hat, but I won't play in rain (screw all that mud and bad footing, especially on elevated holes), gale force winds, temps over 90 (especially with 70+ humidity) or really cold weather/snow. When conditions get too bad it ceases to be enjoyable for myself and all the peeps I usually DG with. As an example - played Canyons in Lockport last summer on a day when the temp was like 93 degrees with a good 80%+ humidity and not a breeze to even move a leaf on a tree, especially down in the "valleys". Thought I was going to die out there, especially on a hole or 2 where it seems like it is a good block to walk from the basket to the next tee. You can only carry so much water to replace the tons of sweating on a day like that.

I don't play any more unless someone else wants to play. But if someone else wants to play, I'll be out there no matter the conditions. So I don't convince myself, I let others convince me.

the ONLY thing that should stop you from playing is heat. otherwise it's like Cool said, "just wrong clothes."

^ really struggled with whether to "Nice" that post. I mean, I LOVE meth. But hyzer putting is so so dumb.

79c4aacf708e1d45.jpg

Well, most of us accept that using methamphetamine is a terrible idea.

Having assumed that as a foundation, I was saying, in jest, that even someone who thinks meth is a good idea knows that hyzer putting is a bad choice. Thereby insinuating that hyzer putting is dumber than using methamphetamine. Which it actually is.

Well, most of us accept that using methamphetamine is a terrible idea.

Having laid that foundation, I was saying, in jest, that even someone who thinks meth is a good idea knows that hyzer putting is a bad choice. Thereby insinuating that hyzer putting is dumber than using methamphetamine. Which it actually is.

omg

me = dense

the ONLY thing that should stop you from playing is heat. otherwise it's like Cool said, "just wrong clothes."

Nah. If I quit playing for heat, I'd have to take 3 months off. Rain, on the other hand, I can skip today, knowing it probably won't rain tomorrow.

Latest posts