• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you thank your TD's ?

Back in 2008 there wasn't much of anything for regular sanctioned play in Houston. A group of guys formed Birdshot and started running monthly sanctioned events. They were just players who wanted an outlet for sanctioned play in the area. They made some rookie mistakes and took a lot of heat that first year. Luckily, the core guys had thick enough skin to weather the storm and five years later they're still going strong.

Anyway back on point of the thread.... near the end of the 2008 season I got a few of the players together who'd appreciated what the Birdshot guys had done and we ordered some custom stamped flat top ROCs with the Birdshot logo. I then went around to the players before the last couple tournaments and got as many signatures as I could. At the player meeting of last tournament of the season I presented the discs to them:

IMG_0341.JPG

I like to bother them while they are doing registration, and then stand as close to the board as possible while they put up scores. Then I ask them every 10 minutes "Who's in the lead in Intermediate?".

Then when I don't like the payout because it is 50% instead of 45% I complain that they suck and will never play their tournaments again...

Who's running a tournament this weekend? I'll be happy to show up.

TD thanks

Funny how these things turn up right on time !

Just finished my 2nd tourney yesterday . It's my home course , and I happened to have the week off ( thanks to wife's meetings out of town ) .

I have already done lots of course work this summer , taken on jobs no one even mentioned .

I played 2 rounds a day of 20 holes , and continued course prep as I went . I figured if I worked for 10-15 mins then played , I would be able to to get into a game mindset .

I'm only a newb , but I had every chance to win on MY course , just couldn't birdie the holes that I birdie every day . I came tied for 11th out of 21.

What does this have to do with thanking my TD ?

As I decompressed at home , I had to text Craig and say " I can't believe you could just sit there and watch us play ! Thank you so much ,the Duck Golf Series starts in 2 weeks , I'm driving ! "

He's ready to go.....

Thanks Craig , cold ones are on me !:clap:

I usually bring a nice disc and offer it up as a free CTP (or whatever the TD decides to use it for), thank them in front of the group, and show support in any way I can (set-up, cleanup, etc.).

Latest posts