• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how do you throw?

gianetics

Birdie Member
how do you throw most holes? lets say its an open hole and its 80% of your max distance, what is your throw of choice ie: anhyzer flex, flat right at it, or hzyer all the way. what is your preferred altitude? i will fh with a slight hyzer got for the pop flat with no turn and just run just to the left of my target and let it fade in. i like to keep my drives as low as possible maybe 10 ft off the ground just enough so it i get some unwanted turn it has enough height to not crash and also low enough so if it doesnt pop flat just hyzers im not going to be 200 ft to the right. just wondering becuase everyone has there own stlye and they will tell you to hyzer everything you can yet most dont.

If its a flat hole, probably just going to toss a nice hyzer out there and let it come back with a little skip at the end. I try to stick to the higher percentage shots if possible.

I've been favoring hyzer-flips (BH) lately with slightly understable plastic or beat-in stable discs like P PD's and Champ 12x Teebirds. It seems easier on my arm and it just feels like I don't have to throw as hard to get similar distance compared to more stable/overstable discs. They also go straighter with less skip at the end.

Last edited:
I'd throw a BH flex shot 15 to 20' off the ground with a Star Orc. Letting the reliable fade park that sucka.

Flat right at it with a Buzzz laser beam. Sometimes it even works!

Teebird at a slight hyzer and hope for the best.

I've been throwing more hyzers even on wide open holes. I would miss left always when going straight at it, so to compensate, throw it out to the right a little and let it fade in right under the basket. Probably with a roc or teebird, two discs I've been throwing alot of lately.

Hyzer is always the most reliable so if we are talking simply the leasy ammount of variables possible. As far as what disc, I would love to say Teebird on that hyzer, but I typically dont try to throw 100% but rather more controlled and relaxed, so 80% distance of that, I might be using the Hornet on a sweeping hyzer.

Depending on what you mean by "80% of your max distance" I'd do one of two things.

If you mean 80% of my golf D I'd either throw a Roc on a hyzer flip, a Teebird or Gazelle on a hyzer or a Spirit on a bigger hyzer depending on the wind.

If you mean 80% of my absolute max D I'd either throw a hyzer with a new Teebird or Gazelle or a steeper hyzer with an OLF or Spirit, again depending on the wind.

throwin RHBH. at 80% or so im workin it left to right, all the way to the basket. start her off low about 20-30 feet left, and let the disc slowly work its way back. no S, want it to be just short of the basket when it starts to level off. kc pro cheetah gets the job done, Stalker if ive got some head wind

If it's 80% short of my max distance, I'll throw a hyzer because it's easier to control the distance traveled with a hyzer shot.

if the hyzer route is there, im gonna take it. safest shot imo

For 80% distance, I'll prob be throwing a hyzer or little hyzer flip that doesn't turn over. Any farther than that, I'll prob be throwing a little s-curve with something understable.

A high, long, sweeping hyzer with a cyclone is like my favorite shot to throw right know

hyzer champ orc

15' off the ground, released flat and a little late to put it right of the target, let the disc do the rest

i need to learn to lower my throws a bit

this is really funny to me, i came to t&s to post this exact thread...

I throw straight and flat, right at it... and it works miserably :). I have it stuck in my head that this is the shot i'm "supposed" to learn before i do anything else. This weekend will be devoted to hyzer/anhyzer lines

Latest posts