• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far can you drive your....

Brother Dave,
Perhaps a Star Aviar BB Driver is in order? Give it a try.

I just got one, and I actually like the dx aviar driver better. The star version just doesn't seem to have nearly as much glide to me.

To answer the original question, I throw putters on most holes up to about 265', mids on most holes up to 300'. There are situations where I'll disc up to a mid or driver to get a specific line, but I feel way more accurate with my slow discs.

Core can go out to 250'
Spike in the 200' range
Banger about the same. Hit a bird on this hole yesterday with my putter, 190 from the blues.
5b8284ba.jpg

I throw rocs out to 220' unless it is a downhill shot, then maybe 300'. Putter only ~150' (Wizard).

I am not a distance thrower at all but I top out around 280, maybe a little more on a lucky shot. But I can throw some of my mid ranges about 250-260 and my putter about 240.

FH I can hit 200+ ft. It's the BH that hurts me the most (literaly, as I have never been realy dominate at it, and drive FH) A good gentle BH will get me about 100, with pinpoint accuracy.

i am calling bs on the 425' putter throw. you can all say that but i have seen more than enough pro tournaments and drive well over 400' myself. i have seen a putter go 500 downhill but not on flat ground.

I think he was saying they drive 350'-425' with drivers.

yes i was talking about drivers...thank god someone has some common sense...no of course they dont throw a putter 425'....im talking avg to max d with their go-to driver....and have seen them hit 420' on course(not talking about field throws...and yes i mean with a driver)

Got a soft putter that I can throw around 260'.....in two throws. Don't mean to brag put I once got it as far as 310'...in three throws(try saying "three throws" fast five times).
Why would you want to throw your putter 300'? Just to see if you could?
I mean isn't that what a driver is for?By the way I have thrown my driver almost 200ft and I've only been playing for a little over 2 years (about five months I have taken this silly game seriously,no really I have. I cuss when I miss a "give me" shot and everything!)
Ok,I'm being sarcastic but you all kill me with your 3000' shots! I couldn't throw a disc 300' if my life depended on it.
So I just go and throw and cuss and wish I could.:p

The courses I play often are on the somewhat shorter side, so I throw putters/midrange 90% of the time on the short courses. I would say that a comfortable putter distance is 240' and I can muscle an Aviar up to 270'. I typically use midranges for 260-310.

I'm fixing some stuff with my throw now, so my consistancy is horrible. How far I can throw any disc depends heavily on the day. With that being said, I can get my putters anywhere from 200'-280' and my mids anywhere from 200'-320', again, depending on the day.

In the past, I've been comfortable saying I can throw putters 250'-280' and mids 300'-320' and my goal with reworking my throw is to get past that plateau.

I use my putters out to about 215-220 or so. I use mids out to about 280'. I can max out a comet at about 320+ on an open hole, but that's not actual golf D. I can't follow a line in the woods much past 275 or so.

I don't understand how you can throw putters that far. I just can't get a good grip on it with those fat rims

Fast forward to the 8:00 mark and you will see one of the best putter drives ever-- around 630' which gives him a birdie on a 655' foot hole.

Last edited:
ive seen that video before and that is some great coverage...a couple of these shots, like the one you mentioned, would be perfect espn coverage....who says you cant put dg on tv....it would pretty much be the same as ball golf coverage

I played ultimate a lot when I was younger, so I was used to throwing lids. I have actually had to totally recreate my disc golf throw over the last two years several times to get away from bad old habits.

Latest posts