• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how far can you throw and hold a smooth hyzer

How far can you throw a smooth hyzer

• Total voters

elmexdela

* Ace Member *
after reading that 375ft to win a world championship thread, it got me wondering. personally my max d is slightly over 350. but thats with a hyzerflipped sidewinder.

on a smooth hyzer say with a pd i would say i can throw about 325

whats everyone elses smooth hyzer distance?

Last edited:
I marked 325, but that's really more when I'm on my game. At the moment it's more like 250.

When I'm in the sunshine in Florida I'll have to work on getting that back to snuff.

I can consistently hit 240-260 with my Eclipse P Volt. Max D flipped is around 300, but that's not very consistent.

In other words, 100 more feet and I could win Worlds. :p

I cited 350 ft. That may be a little short but I'm not a bluffer on D. I will say now that I am working on high percentage hyzer golf, my scores have been dropping. I was/still am a fan of hyzer flipping discs for straight shots but I'm slowly trying to just trust the hyzer and let the disc do the work. I think having a hyzer shot that can go 250 ft. Is enough to really do well on most holes.

I can't wait until summer :D
Or at least 40+ degree weather....lol.

400. I reach 400' holes with pure hyzers, so I know I can do it. However, I should also note that I have significantly more power throwing hyzer than flat or anhyzer, so pure hyzers still get a decent amount of distance for me. I can probably only throw about 380' on an anhyzer, regardless of whether its a distance line or not.

I can semi-regularly throw a Destroyer on a 400 foot pure Hyzer, although I've gotten some at more like 450+ a few times.

We lefties get very few opportunities to throw pure hyzers, but if we did, they'd all go at least 600'.

would make more sense to say with X class of disc as with a DD its pretty easy line vs a putter at 300-400 feet where there is a big difference in control. Spike hyzer is another story as well maybe that's what you are more after? What is a "smooth hyzer"?

would make more sense to say with X class of disc as with a DD its pretty easy line vs a putter at 300-400 feet where there is a big difference in control. Spike hyzer is another story as well maybe that's what you are more after? What is a "smooth hyzer"?

whatever disc you need to use to achieve max d on a hyzer.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/resources/articles/angles.shtml

the gentle hyzer one is what i had in mind. just a smooth hyzer shot, we all know what it looks like

I've got a hole down the street that's 305' and around a bend, and my throws on that flatten out just a tiny bit, so I voted 275'. There's a 265 hole I throw a big hyzer on that I can park half the time.

With that said, it's more like 250' during the winter, with footing and weather factored in.

Cool^ that's how it would appear most are answering the poll. I did for sure as no way I can throw a spike hyzer as far or a sweeping hyzer shot although those answers are something I am very curious of. Seeing some of the HUGE spike hyzer shots always amaze me on videos way over trees but still 350+ before hitting..

Voted 300. My goal is 360 on a hyzer and 400 total this year. I'm tired of being a bunt.

For me personally I think of hyzer as bring out my predator which pretty much on a straight hyzer line goes 275ft, I can get 300 ft if I put some anny on it and it still hyzers out. Winter time wise though I get about 250 out of my pred and rarely really try to throw max distance or power shots. My main reason is because outside of my putters(which I do not personally throw putters off the teepad) I change all my good broken in discs that I get extra distance out of, out in the winter so I do not lose them. Its natural to lose distance in the winter because of extra layers of clothing, lack of footing, etc.

I voted 325' but after reading the previous posts I probably should have voted shorter. Oh well. Throw another one on the "internet distance" fire. I can(and did again today) run at the basket on #5 at Watson Lake which is 355' albeit downhill, with a F2 on a pure hyzer line. I can remember throwing my Star Firebird on big hyzers from end zone to end zone a few times last year(or was it the year before?) so I'm probably not too far off.

^^i went from 250-300-350 each year so far. if my math isnt too rusty, my goal should be 400 for next year

We lefties get very few opportunities to throw pure hyzers, but if we did, they'd all go at least 600'.

600' seems a little much, but I've seen Bennett crush them out to 520ish ... really wish I could throw lefty :(

I can get my hyzers out to 375' or so ... max distance for me is about 450'

Smooth hyzer is 275. Looking to go longer this year. Time to turn it up a notch

Latest posts