• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far do you throw?

How far do you throw?

• Total voters
i throw as far as it takes for me to birdy the hole or be in line to have a favorable shot. max d does nothing for your game unless you live in the middle of nowhere usa with no trees.

Great. Unfortunately that doesn't answer the question in this thread ;)

375ft to 400ft with accuracy.

Learned to throw my Valkyries up to 380ft very accurately when I was younger. I still throw them,but they are in my other bag. :thmbup:

Once you hit 400ft you'll still want more distance, trust me.

I just started throwing in the 400 ft range, and I can truly say that I'm content with the distance I have. I can reach almost all holes off the tee (with some exceptions, naturally), and If it's significantly longer than 450, then I'm fine taking two shots to get there. I'll take the distance I have and work on my accuracy at that distance, thank you very much

300-325 with my fairways all the time. When I am just hitting D lines and using drivers I can hit closer to 375

Even my worst shanks go 350. I'd say 400, but on a normal round, more than half of the holes arent that long anyway.

But when I do field practice, I can hit 400 consistently on different lines ( with different discs ). At the moment mostly working on my forehand, that is only at 300 so far, but getting better :)

That's about where I'm at but plus a little BH and minus a little (a lot honestly) for the FH.

Parked a 420' hole (slightly downhill) and a 425' hole (more or less flat) on hyzers yesterday, and hyzers traditionally fly shorter for me.

I only know 2 people that can consistently throw over 500 on golf lines, and neither one of them are on this forum.

I recall from McBeth's thread that he threw 736' in a distance competition a couple years ago. It was most likely a 360 spin but I'd think a guy with that much D would be able to reach back for 500'+ on some of the super long holes I've seen on this site.

I recall from McBeth's thread that he threw 736' in a distance competition a couple years ago. It was most likely a 360 spin but I'd think a guy with that much D would be able to reach back for 500'+ on some of the super long holes I've seen on this site.

I meant personally. There are many people that can throw over 500 consistently, including McBeth, but I don't know most of them :)

Just today I was practicing in the field and I consistently threw hyzers to about 450 ft and and anhyzer/turnovers to 475. The hyzers are never more than 20 ft high, but the anhyzers are much higher. Still, these are consistent 80% power shots. In the last two tournaments I played in, I think everyone on my card threw at least 400 ft. I know people think a lot of others exaggerate their distance, but I don't know to many advanced or pro players who can't throw over 400 ft.

I made the worst decision when I was new to the game and bought a Katana. I thought I was so cool throwing that thing around 300'. I did the smart thing and I disced down. The fastest thing I threw for the longest time was the Teebird which I got up to around 330' consistently with. I recently added the Saint to my bag and I now throw around 350'-360' consistently. I'm so glad I got rid of the warp speed garbage.

Just today I was practicing in the field and I consistently threw hyzers to about 450 ft and and anhyzer/turnovers to 475. The hyzers are never more than 20 ft high, but the anhyzers are much higher. Still, these are consistent 80% power shots. In the last two tournaments I played in, I think everyone on my card threw at least 400 ft. I know people think a lot of others exaggerate their distance, but I don't know to many advanced or pro players who can't throw over 400 ft.

I don't know where your from but I'd guess a quarter of the advanced and only half of the pros that play tourneys around here can consistantly throw 400'. Also, there are 10x as many casual players that do well to break 300' with their bosses and katanas. It seems we've got a shortage of long holes and aren't great with math so every hole is a par 3.

300 is comfortable can pump it up if needed. Glad I fall in middle of the bell curve

Latest posts