• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far is your max distance. what disc do you use for max

glad to see that being around 5'7" isn't hindering anyone's game. I do also believe that taller people get more distance, and here i thought the lot of you were 10 ft giants.

glad to see that being around 5'7" isn't hindering anyone's game. I do also believe that taller people get more distance, and here i thought the lot of you were 10 ft giants.

i agree with the more distance to the height of the person. I am 5'5" and i feel that my body once again affects me in a sport. :wall::wall:

Max out around 375 with a pro wraith. Throw comfortably 320 to 340 with my PPD

100 years old and max d about 617' (slight uphill, calm wind) with a dx scorpion.

6'5" 350lbs.

Last edited:
My contribution here is that you can't always trust that the listed distance on a hole is correct.

A measuring wheel or Google maps is your best bet.

Also throwing downhill adds distance to your Max D.

100 years old and max d about 617' (slight uphill, calm wind) with a dx scorpion.

6'5" 350lbs.
hahaha oh man that made me laugh :D

I just mentioned the height thing because I have a friend who is 6'5ish and has a huge arm although he's not particularly "into" disc golf and just plays occasionally. He always throws sidearm and chucks discs with seemingly minimal effort (although not with great accuracy necessarily). He also used to play pitcher in baseball when he was younger, so that might help him as well. But my friend is an absolute goofball and doesn't know about "proper form" so it always boggles my mind how he's able to crush discs without any real commitment to disc golf.

So anyway... I'm still struggling to hit 350'. I feel like this is my year, though.

I throw a C Line PD2 175 for Hyzerflips in the 650 range. I can get over 1000 sometimes downhill. I pretty much overpower any course with ease. I also drive a Red Ferrari 458, Make over 1 million a year and have a huge dck that my supermodel GF loves.

She likes mine better.

I throw on a football field for practice so you have 360 measurable feet on very flat ground( and some fun targets I the uprights) I have hit just under 500ft with my 172 Champ Ape it's a great disc and pretty beat in.

Normally I max out around 450 or so RHFH but I can hit a nice long 475 or a little over now and again.

I hit almost 500 on a tommy with an Epic but since it's not hardly possible to replicate it I dont count it.

I'm 6'2" & 195 lbs

Distance is over rated. Concentrate on being the best putter you can be.

1358617103578.gif

Last edited:
Everytime I read one of these threads it makes me laugh. I've played a lot of golf and ive played with a lot of good golfers and I've yet to see anyone throw farther that 425'. I just sawa guy rip one about 420' a couple weeks ago and that was the longest throw I think I've ever seen. The only way to measure distance accurately is with a tape measure. I have a wheel and it gets inaccurate pretty fast. All I'm sayin is there's an awful lot of guys on here claimin big numbers for me not to have ever run into anyone, ANYONE , who can throw that far. I'm sure there's some pros who can hit 500' in a distance contest but I don't think many of them are using those shots during a round. Just sayin.

I saw Will Shusterick throw over 500' into a 15 mph headwind at BRP (driving range hole, slightly elevated tee) with a PD2. Minnesota Majestic tournament. Easily carried the creek which is 450'. That dang disc just stayed in the air forever and I was in awe. lol

I've also seen normal random dudes on that hole throw into the creek at 450'. Lots of guys can throw over 400' actually. I can hit the 350' mark on that hole and I do consider myself a bunt with bad form issues.

Watch some videos on Youtube. Cali tourney a few weeks ago McBeast was pin high on a flat 512' hole and Lizotte parked it for a drop in. They both eagled it. I think it was Centralcoast video.

Last edited:
These days, it's not good. I typically throw Star SLs for my main distance driver. I get those out to 330ish now. I do have a beat Rampage that I can get to about tree fiddy once in a while. I'm working on regaining my form as I used to throw 50 or so feet farther.

I wish I could watch those videos but I have a crappy android and metro pcs service. I get about 2 seconds of video and then about 45 seconds of buffering before the next 2 seconds of video.

I'm 17 6'2" and about 250 lbs. I throw star wraiths about 370 on golf lines. Probably could squeeze some more distance on those distance lines but I don't throw for distance. I throw to make my score card say -##

Latest posts