• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far out do you throw your putter?

Weird, so if you guys played mostly on my local course with no holes over 250, you wouldn't use midrangers or drivers?

I would probably never touch a driver unless I was going for a hyzer skip. I would mostly use a midrange because I personally find them more dependable at longer range.

Midrange mostly, unless your holes are under 200 feet...that seems like a damn short corse though. I typically start throwing drivers at 250+ feet, though I've been known to toss the Buzzz for shots closer to 300 from time to time, once again mostly if I need to make sure I don't accidentally over shoot (for something like a creek, pond, ravine, etc.) Now that I'm thinking about distances, it seems like a pretty narrow range I throw the Buzzz in, but I seem to find myself there more than anywhere else unless I'm pitch & putting.

I only use my putter for about 100 feet and in at most, I have a hard time believing that these guys can throw putters 250-300 feet, when I put a lot of power into a putter no matter how overstable it is it turns over and into the ground and tries to roll. Throwing 300-350+ feet seems like everyone says that is how far they drive is like when comparing penis size every guy says they are over six inches some even say eight inches when we know the average is even less than six.

A month ago I never used my putter for anything over 80', but now its my go to disc for most shots under 250'. I throw my Soft GT Banger/Wizard up to 280' if its just a straight shot off the tee, just not in big headwind. I also throw a Roc or Buzz for some of those up to around 300'. I'd use a driver if there is a big headwind or hard turn.

I only use my putter for about 100 feet and in at most, I have a hard time believing that these guys can throw putters 300 feet, when I put a lot of power into a putter no matter how overstable it is it turns over and into the ground and tries to roll. Throwing 300-350+ feet seems like everyone says that is how far they drive is like when comparing penis size every guy says they are over six inches some even say eight inches when we know the average is even less than six.

Hyzer flip it or put a big anhyzer curve on it, that will get you more D. Now, to putt farther... :D

You would really be surprised how far you can get a putter. I can get a little over 400' on my good backhands, and I can get my putter out past 200 feet. Doesn't leave a lot of room for the discs in the middle, does it?

Hyzer flip it or put a big anhyzer curve on it, that will get you more D. Now, to putt farther... :D

You would really be surprised how far you can get a putter. I can get a little over 400' on my good backhands, and I can get my putter out past 200 feet. Doesn't leave a lot of room for the discs in the middle, does it?

I laughed my ass off when I read that, thank you for making my day!

I only throw around 275-300 feet at best but I make up for it with an eight inch penis. :D

Last edited:
until recently i totally forgotten about the "approach" use for the putter - and because i was using a black putter which was annoying to look for - i can get more distance on a field but will drive on 200' holes.

Just from throwing on hole one at my course I can throw my Wizards around 250 or so, but that doesn't mean I would do that while playing. But during a round I would prob. only throw it 125-150 or so then go to a Roc just because the roc feels more accurate for those longer shots. On wooded holes I would say even shorter. There is also many times where I would use a Gator in place of a putter.

I throw my putter from around 80-100ft and closer, anything more than that, I'm more comfortable throwing a mid.

I throw my putter from 100' in. I'd throw it from further, but I don't want it to get use to hitting the ground instead of the chains.

i throw my banger-gt up to about 275 if the line calls for it, and ill throw it 150 ft and in no matter what the shot calls for(unless its something totally rediclous).

Depends on what kind of shot I need to make. I like to tomhawk a soft putter over trees if needed because it will just stick to the ground flat, can get up to 100' with tommying a putter. When I'm in the open, I feel more comfortable under 30' but will whip it out if its longer than that and I need a safe shot.

If its downhill or level, I'll throw it on a 200ish drive. If I need fade at the end, its uphill or there is a low ceiling, I'll use a mid of some sort. For approaches I start using mids at 150' or so. 120-150 is gray area, just depends.

Latest posts