• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How hard is it to hyzer flip a 175g star leopard?

Depends on the condition it's in. A freshie would probably be pretty tough, if it was beat enough it'd probably hyzer flip into a roller.

Depends on the condition it's in. A freshie would probably be pretty tough, if it was beat enough it'd probably hyzer flip into a roller.

This pretty much sums up 90% of discs.

You couldn't turn over a whamo. J/k. It is pretty tough new unless you have some major oat, and then it's easy.

I found a beat pro-D Avenger SS that when thrown from hyzer would do a barrel roll. Hope this helps :|

But seriously a Star Leopard is stable when new so it would be tough to do unless you have a cannon for a arm.

Last edited:
I tried out a Star Leo for a while. It was a lot harder to hyzer flip or turn than a River out of the box. Hence I am back on Rivers. Plus I prefer the extra glide that the River supplies.

The Leo is a perenial favorite for a reason. But for whatever reason it molds up far more stable in Star plastic than any other plastic. Even champion has less initial stability that the Star Leos.

The best answer so far.

Even if it just flips up to flat and fades again, there is no reason someone with good form and snap wouldn't be able to get some turn out of a fresh Star Leo. If you are throwing nose-up still, or are still getting major fade from fairway drivers like the Leo, I'd go with Pro. It'll beat-in as you get better and meet you somewhere in the middle.

With solid form, should be no problem.

I have two aces on a 171 star leo...hated it when I first bought it...threw it into everything I could find that wasn't concrete...bam...wonderful disc.