• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
i was a casual player for about 4 yrs (playing once a week was considered alot). then after my first ace i became a "disc golfer" and started playing at least every thrid day and i ordered some real equipment.

so i guess to answer ur question, it took me 4yrs since the first day i threw a disc. but as a "disc golfer" i got an ace on my first day.
ha

19 yrs. And a ton of near makes throughout that time...

The funny part was, the morning of, I call my Uncle and asked him if most people don't get em (because I had been close on several occasion during that time). He said yes, so I resigned to the fact that I may never get one. Sure enough, the round I played that afternoon, hit it!!!

Started playing in late July or early August last year. On September 27th, #16, 170', at McClain, I got my first ace.

Having it happen after only playing two months was a shock. I remember as I walked up to the basket to retrieve my disc, I kidded my son, "This sport is too easy, I gotta find something to challenge myself with!"

Little did I know.

I've hit the chains, the side of the basket and the ring a few times since, but no cigar.

Woodpecker

I started playing a pole course for the 1st 4 years.... so I don't really take those years into count... Discgolf was more of just an excuse to skip school and get high.... But then I got serious when they put some baskets in back home..... so it took like 2 years to get my first I can't count how many bounce outs I had before and after that but I'm at 3 aces now.

Never

I've been playing for about 9 years, but seriously for about 2 and have had no aces. I can't even come close to counting how many times my disc has landed in chains or the basket and spit out... The usual line that is said when I throw an ace run while playing with friends is, "Maybe this one will stay in the basket". Sure enough, it spits out. I would have to say over 100 times I've hit metal on the drive :(

Had a skip ace bounce out of the chains and flip over the rim of the basket the other day. I really don't try for aces anymore, I go for consistent birdies.

it only took chuck norris one throw.

ALL TIME ACE LEADERS
1. Chuck Norris
2. Cubby*
3.Ken Climo

*if this was actual legit aces asterisk stands for disqualification

HAHAHA That's awesome!

about 2 yrs

the front 9 at the course in Pelham NH has about 7 very short Aceable holes. Go there if u want an Ace

Two and a half long years since a friend of mine who started at the same time got four or five before I did. The first was in a casual round at Mason County Parks' Beauty course in Ludington MI while on vacation in June. It kicked off a tree so it wasn't a bonafide ace. Then a few weeks later I sunk a real one in league play in front of a ton of people and won 90 bucks, hellyeah.

Two and a half long years since a friend of mine who started at the same time got four or five before I did. The first was in a casual round at Mason County Parks' Beauty course in Ludington MI while on vacation in June. It kicked off a tree so it wasn't a bonafide ace. Then a few weeks later I sunk a real one in league play in front of a ton of people and won 90 bucks, hellyeah.

Thats how I want my first ace to be, infont of a lot of people, not while I am alone.

T It kicked off a tree so it wasn't a bonafide ace.

Most aces have an element of luck to them anyway, so in my humble opinion a ricochet ace is just as valid as one that went straight in or skipped in or bounced in or got in any other way.

I've been playing for about 9 years, but seriously for about 2 and have had no aces. I can't even come close to counting how many times my disc has landed in chains or the basket and spit out... The usual line that is said when I throw an ace run while playing with friends is, "Maybe this one will stay in the basket". Sure enough, it spits out. I would have to say over 100 times I've hit metal on the drive :(

Had a skip ace bounce out of the chains and flip over the rim of the basket the other day. I really don't try for aces anymore, I go for consistent birdies.

scratch that. hit one recently so 2 years of more serious play for one to finally stay in the chains.

my first ace took like 8 months now I have 8 in 7 years but i stop playing for 4 years because of my knee. i just started back up in may and have hit 11 baskets/chains/pins but not one has stayed in

The coolest shot I ever made was a 120ft shot with 11 witnesses. It was awesome to hear that many people cheer for me.

Most aces have an element of luck to them anyway, so in my humble opinion a ricochet ace is just as valid as one that went straight in or skipped in or bounced in or got in any other way.

agreed, off a tree, or off the clown's mouth, still an ace - providing all other criteria are met (not going to repeat them)

Latest posts