• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
scratch my last post!!! I just aced an hour ago!! triangle sports area green bay WI, hole #8

It took me about 5 months . . . but I am averaging a round per day since the 1st of the year!

still waiting

been playing seriously for the first time this spring/summer.
i've hit some really long, 100+ mids, but nothing off the tee.
yet.
had a few close calls.

I think half the fun of the sport is just letiing the disc fly. So i'm not going to lie, if the basket is within my range, which is almost every basket, i go for it! Could be why I haven't had any since my first, but hey, it's all just for fun so why not swing for the fences. Now, given, if i am in tourney play and want to win i reign it in some, and it is true my score drops. But like I said, for me, that's not really the funnest way to play, just the serious way.

I think half the fun of the sport is just letiing the disc fly. So i'm not going to lie, if the basket is within my range, which is almost every basket, i go for it! Could be why I haven't had any since my first, but hey, it's all just for fun so why not swing for the fences. Now, given, if i am in tourney play and want to win i reign it in some, and it is true my score drops. But like I said, for me, that's not really the funnest way to play, just the serious way.

I completly agree. I love just ripping them, I guess that's why I like the longer courses a little better.
My short game is def better than my drives, but I love letting them fly. :)

One year and one month which was August of last year. Number 18 at Dorey in Richmond VA. Just got my second this month.

I've been playing this game for about 10 or so years and didn't get my first ace until last year on my birthday. Hole #8 at Beaver Ranch in Conifer, CO. Since then, I've gotten 2 more. One on #2 at Firefighters Park in Troy, MI and the other about a week ago on #6 at Johnny Roberts in Arvada, CO... skip off the sidewalk and right to the chains! ssssweeeeeeetttt.

Got my first ace during my first year of playing, back in 95 or 96. Hudson Mills, think it was hole 9 (been too long). 90 degree dogleg right in tight trees. Took the 'over-the-top' route with a big hyzer bomb across the hypotenuse. We looked for the disc in the woods for about 10 minutes before one of my buddies asked if I had just thrown a white X-clone... he found it in the basket after he putted out.

My friend and i began playing in february and he got his first in july. I hit the basket a week ago, on a 240 and hit chains on a 300 ft. shot today.

It took me almost three years to get one. It was a short hole, but I had to snake through some trees. Still waiting on #2.

Technically I don't have a first true ace. I threw a second shot off the tee and it went in, a short 150 hole, but that doesn't count as an ace. Been playing for about 2 years and still waiting for the first one.

It depends on where you start playing at and the type of disc golf you are introduced to. i started proly like 7-8 years ago when i was a kid but the two courses we played had a total of about three holes under 300 ft. what are you gonna do? learn how to drive far lol so thats what we did, now we know how to drive, we just gotta find courses that have ace runs (which def. does not matter to me since i got my first ace this yr, at a shorter but more difficult course). I just wanna play a great rd of disc, get off the tee nice and get it in the basket, and be the best one in my group. The kids that grew up 20 minutes south of me probably cant drive a lick considering 75% of the holes are <250ft. w.er tho good luck however and wherever you learn, no matter where you play its a great game.

About 17 years....but I took a hiatus from playing DG for about 6 years while living overseas, etc

My first year playing I had one hit the chains and bounce out on a drive and then had a LOOOONG dry spell :)

picture.php

water to the left right and deep, cant go straight must s, my only ace.

Took 2 yrs.

Then I got 3 more that same year. Now I'm at 11.

Sometimes when you get that first one out of the way, they start popping like popcorn!

How long for 1st ace?

Hey I got my first ace, last week. Ive been playing less than 6 months.

Im curious to know how long did it take everyone to get your 1st ace?