• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
One year and 1 month after I started. I hit it on #18 at Dorey Park in Richmond Virginia.

Stick with me kid, I will make you famous. Welcome to the pdga family. Now come to Texas so I can take your money.

Stick with me kid, I will make you famous. Welcome to the pdga family. Now come to Texas so I can take your money.

You dream real big;)!

I only have 2 experiences with Texas.

1) Basic Training at Lackland AFB in San Antonio.

2) When I was a young stud some of the most beautiful, and smart, women I ever dated were from Texas.

You dream real big;)!

2) When I was a young stud some of the most beautiful, and smart, women I ever dated were from Texas.

Are you saying you want to fly planes and date me? I'm not interested.

in flying planes.

You dream real big;)!

One in particular. Her mom had been a former Miss Texas and the daughter was even better looking. Our first date was May 18th 1980. The day Mt St Helens blew her top. I had worked hard to get that date and there was no way that !@#$% mountain was going to stop me. I could not see 2 feet in front of my car but we went to dinner and a movie. We ended up having a great time.

Well I must say in 1980 my mom was just thinking about having me.

Dad?

*looks at the tops of his posts where it says years playing*

It took me .6 years of playing to get my first ace! Got one on Saint Patrick's Day!

Luck of the Irish and all...

\/\/

It took me about a year.
My home course has very few Aceable holes and even those are very difficult.
I ended Aceing at another course that was 50 miles away from home. This course has several very Aceable holes. I Aced Hole 1 and I hit the chastity belt on Holes 2 and 4.

I played disc golf for the very first time in the summer of 2005 at a friends house who had laundry baskets tied to trees. I heard there was a course with real disc golf baskets in a town about an hour away so couple of friends and I went there the next weekend. We got to hole 12 and I threw a side arm that went way out, came in from the left and hit the ground. The disc flipped up into the air and just over the lip of the basket and stayed in without even touching the chains. I was hooked. The funny thing is I cant throw forehand shot to save my life anymore.

no aces

ive been playing almost every day during good weather for 3 and a half years. still no aces. I have hit chains on hole 2 and hole 12 at brakewell steel Warwick NY at least 3 times and the pole a few more. i want it soooooo bad it hurts. gimme that ace!!!!
ps- not that anyone cares but i dont live anywhere near warwick anymore, so my first ace will have to be somewhere else. mabye jordan creek pa.

Still waiting for that first ace, few hit chains and few spit outs. Spit outs are the worst cause you get all excited when it goes in and just falls out, heart-wrecking. It'll happen sooooon.

Just got my first ace today! I have been playing for 1.5 years, but about 11 months with actual disc golf discs.

got mine the first summer i started playing and haven't gotten another since. got it on hole 4 at edora park in Fort Collins Colorado.. seen about 5 other aces from other people on this hole too

I just got my first one so how ever long it says right here---------------------------------------------------A

Latest posts