• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long have you played?

How long have you been playing disc golf?

• 0-1 years

Votes: 53 27.7%
  • 1-5 years

Votes: 77 40.3%
  • 6-10 years

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • 11-15 years

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • 16-20 years

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • 20+ years

Votes: 15 7.9%

• Total voters
I have been playing for a year and three months but much of that was during the semester when I don't really have time to play.

I started in 1982, when a guy brought a bunch of midnight flyers to ultimate practice (and there weren't enough guys to practice) - so we just played golf. Didn't take long before I was hooked - been playing ever since.

I first started in the early 90's and played for a summer. I really enjoyed it then and not quite sure what happened as to why I didn't continue to play. Then out of the blue one day a couple of years ago I decided to buy a few discs and immediately fell in love with it and have been addicted since.

I voted 0-1...I played one time in 2000 with other people's disc. I bought two disc after that 1 to 5 times a year for the next 9 years. Then 8 months ago I bought a bag and 10 to 15 disc. I play 1 to 5 times a week.

Went to Burke Lake Park in '83 to take the kid to ride the carousel and miniature train and saw a sign for a "frisbee golf course". I'd been big on throwing lids for years so this was a big deal. Got my brother-in-law to go a few weeks later and both of us were hooked.

Played my first game with borrowed disc (a beat up beast that i couldn't throw straight) and had a blast last October 2009. Didn't play again until Superbowl Sunday. Have probably played a minimum of once a week since then. Would love to play everyday but real life gets in the way.

I have been playing around 4 years. Just started getting serious last winter, and have improved much since then. I dont know why i put 2.2 yrs. on my profile.Im officially addicted.

I have been playing 3-4 times on a course a week and practicing drives on the football field twice a week for the past year.

About 19 years, started in the early 90's. Some years played more than others. Don't confuse time playing with skill level.......laughing. How long have I been playing well?........I'm still working on that. ;)

I've been around DG all my life, but I finally started playing in 05. I only had one course, and it cost 10 bucks to play and it was the only course for 70 miles. So I didn't get to play it all the time. We finally got a free course in Nov 08, and I learned about it in Sept 09. I've been playing seriously for about the last year, mainly because I've been unemployed so I've had the extra time! Whenever I start working again, I'll still keep playing because we'll have more courses available now.

I am an absolute rookie! I have two boys in college in LA. They are POOR college boys so started playing disc golf because it is free. Both are athletes and play college baseball. My husband and I visited them about two months ago and they took us to two courses near Pasadena. Awesome fun! Now we are hooked. We have a course in our town and have started playing with our 16 year old. He is also an athlete who plays football and baseball. He has gotten many of his teammates to start playing disc, too. We are going to the Central Coast for our 25th wedding anniversary in September and plan to play some courses in the Santa Cruz/Monterey area. Any suggestions?