• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long it took for your first Ace.

Bout a year, then I hit 4 others right after that within the same season. I haven't hit one since.

My first one happened long, long, long before I signed up on this site. It happened sometimes during my first year of playing, then did not get another one until last summer.

So, 2 in 7 years or so.

I've been playing for 14 months but still just have way too many almosts.

@ 4 months after I started playin'...Hole #13 at the Herm, a short shot, but I was stoked! And I still have the disc!
I now have 15 aces under my belt, 14 of them at the same course...(It's short)

how short/easy was the hole? Was it just an amazingly lucky shot? Did u play any other disc/frisbee sports before DG?

Took me a lil over a year to hit my one and only ace...

It was a short and open hole. But still probably 185ft. I sidearmed a champ tl and it just got lucky.

Playing almost 18 years, no aces. Plenty of Chains, rip thru, medal.

Well I just started playing again after a 15 year lay off, it took me about 4 months. But I've been playing at least 5 days a week, 9 at lunch and 9-18 after work.

I took a guy from work with me and on his 3rd round he rung one off the chains...yep now he plays every day too!!!!!

12 years. I wasn't going to post this, then I saw FredVegas' post (No. 14). Glad you finally got one, Fred. :hfive:

12 years. I wasn't going to post this, then I saw FredVegas' post (No. 14). Glad you finally got one, Fred. :hfive:

Thanks

The funny thing is I was playing a solo round and the group walking towards #10 tee looked back when I started yelling. "Get the F**K in There!" and saw it hit the chains and stick.

Just last Saturday in the charity tourney I was having a horrendous round. Just couldn't catch a break. Threw a second shot from about 100' out. The disc hit inside the basket swished around the inside and sailed out. Austin called it a toilet bowl shot and I agree that was an appropriate name for it.

got my first ace about 2 months after I started at Pine cone crush on 15. Pretty short course and It was a complete luck shot that found a Hyzer "pro route" that I could never duplicate. then ended up dead in the heart of the center of the chains.

It took 10 years for me. Too many metal hits to count in the meantime, nothing is worse than the in and out ace.

i started playing again in june 2011 after stopping for about 3 years.. but i had played before and i had my first ace in august 2011

Latest posts