• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many courses are in your "normal" rotation?

How many courses are part of your normal rotation?

• Total voters
Total brain fart there, they are not close but I play East Roswell and Wills whenever I go that way as well and Perkerson some also. Probably 2-5 for all three.

Roswell was the first course I ever played. I thought at the time that having several truck trailers parked in the middle of one of the holes was normal.

Reading comprehension failure, I voted before I read "at least a dozen times".

So I guess I have to say 5 or less. My general rotation of courses at a half a dozen times a year however is 9-10.

Ellison
Parma
Chili
Shore Winds - Blue
Shore Winds - White

Usually play Hiller Park DGC a few times a week, easily over 100 times in a year.

A few of the more visited (5 or more) courses over a year include:

McLeod Park (nice little 10 hole course)
I G Levy Park - Pascagoula
Ashe Lake - Brooklyn, MS (just south of Hattiesburg)
Desert Fox/Little Fox - Hattiesburg, MS
Chickasabogue - Mobile, AL
Citronelle DGC - Citronelle, AL
Pelican Park - Mandeville, LA

I usually do a Spring and a Fall Disc Golf trip to high density disc golf areas. Last year I hit the northern Mississippi courses (Tupelo area), this past Fall I visited the Augusta, GA area (an awesome area for DG). Pendleton King park is probably the nicest course, from a landscaping perspective, that I have ever played. IDGC and Hippodrome Complex are MUST plays for all disc golfers.

My next trip is to the Huntsville AL area, which is another high density DG area.

Playing NEW courses is the best part of disc golf for me. Some courses are better than others, but I have yet to play a course I did not like. Even the bad ones are good....why?....because I'm playing disc golf!!!!

I live in DFW. I won't play any of the courses 12 times a year. I'll play at least 20 different courses, probably more.

This is a "have" and "have not" situation if there ever was one. Some people are just lucky as far as access to courses. Humble brag alert: Yesterday it was pouring rain in STL. No worries, let's go play in a cave. People may or may not like playing in a cave, but you have to try it at least once if you can.

Agreed - course density is the biggest factor, but it's also a matter of willingness to drive. I just don't like playing the same course 2-3 times in a row. That's why I get out to Stony Creek abiut once a month even though I have several quality courses that are easier for me to get to.

Dweeb Alert: I wish people would stop referring to Crystal City as a cave. Caves are naturally occurring geologic formations and often have features like stalactites, stalagmites, rock formations, are their own ecosystem, and sometimes species found nowhere else in the world.

Crystal City is a former silica mine... completely man made. It's underground and certainly a unique discing experience, but you wont find natural geologic features like stalactites, stalagmites, helictites, etc. Just clarifying a point.

Agreed - course density is the biggest factor, but it's also a matter of willingness to drive. I just don't like playing the same course 2-3 times in a row. That's why I get out to Stony Creek abiut once a month even though I have several quality courses that are easier for me to get to.

Dweeb Alert: I wish people would stop referring to Crystal City as a cave. Caves are naturally occurring geologic formations and often have features like stalactites, stalagmites, rock formations, are their own ecosystem, and sometimes species found nowhere else in the world.

Crystal City is a former silica mine... completely man made. It's underground and certainly a unique discing experience, but you wont find natural geologic features like stalactites, stalagmites, helictites, etc. Just clarifying a point.

Next you'll tell us a Man Cave isn't really a cave either.

I'm going to continue to call it a cave, just out of spite. I hope boyeynomore has sleepness nights because of it.

Last edited:
Only one course regularly, Castle Hayne (in the pines).
There are a few more courses within driving range, but don't really like any of them.
Have not played Cougar Country yet, but it's on the to-do list.

I'll drive up to play (wide-open) Richlands once every few months, but that about covers it.

Courses I play 25+ per year at

Hansen park
Blue ribbon pines
Acorn
Lakewood hills
Bethel university
Ham lake will be back in again now that it's open and 18 again
Plymouth creek

Courses I play at least 5 times also

Riverside
Sportsmans hill
Becker
Mill stream
Kaposia
The valley
Alimagnet
Moir
Bryant lake
Elm creek
Eagles edge
Rosland
Theo wirth
Sunnyside
Oak wood
Lochness

Pretty much play most courses in the cities many times per year, I'd guess I play anywhere from 300-325 days per year. I make trips to St. Cloud usually about once a month and hit 2-3 courses per time.

I chose 6-8 which covers all the courses I rotate through with my friends and the ACC Collegiate Team.

Circle C
Met Center
Mary Moore Searight
Roy G. Gurrero
Steeplechase
East Metro (Manor)
I could probably add Zilker as well but I only play that when I go swimming at Barton Springs.
Edit:
Also all of those are about 15 minute drive with Manor being about 25 minutes at the furthest.

Is that an ACC collegiate disc golf team?

That rotation looks good, but I would only get through it seven or eight times a year. I voted less than five, and my actual answer is probably one. Infrequent playing divided by a high number of courses nearby means I never really play a single one more than a dozen times a year. I might get up to WilCo once a month, it is my favorite so it's got a slight edge.

Right now, 2. :\

University of OB is a mile and a half away. There is an unlisted 9 hole high school course a few blocks away. Although the map shows 4 other courses within 60 miles, only one is less than an hour and 45 minutes away, and that one is in Ashland, OR. The courses in Redding are about the same distance as Ashland, but don't get down there that often. Of course, being so close to OB isn't so bad.... :thmbup:

In the Iowa City area my rotation was 7 or 8 courses, and in Kansas City it was 5 or 6.

I'm going to continue to call it a cave, just out of spite. I hope boyeynomore has sleepness nights because of it.
If I lost sleep over all the things I wished happened but didn't, I'd be an insomniac.

If I lost sleep over all the things I wished happened but didn't, I'd be an insomniac.

Everyone I know just calls that course "the cave" misnomer or not. I really wish you would not have pointed this out to me because now it's going to bother me every time I hear someone else say it. Thanks. :gross:

Endicott
White Birch
Woodland
Sioux Passage
Briscoe Woods
Jefferson Barracks
Quail Ridge
Dunegant
Rock Spring

Watson
Gordon Moore
Paul Schroeder