• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many disc golf bags (packs &a carts) do you own?

How many?

• Total voters
  1. Zuca
    Main Tournament Setup - Lots of duplicates, room for extra clothing, clipboard, extra glass minis, about 7 "flair" bagtags (crocodile feet, local club tags, Pyrohyzer tag) pins, extra fun
    [*]UPD Shift
    Rotating "One Brand" bag. Trilogy, MVP/Axiom, Faction DG
    [*]UPD Focus
    Quick round bag with water bladder for hot days (set record highs three days straight in Michigan)
    [*]RDG Gecko
    Always setup with Faction gear
    [*]Hole 6 Leather DG Bag
    Glow Bag
    [*]Innova Competition
    Old beater bag, still in great shape - my first serious bag so it has sentimental value
    [*]Nutsac
    Torn up pretty bad, got it used, bought it for a friend then they gave it back when they didn't like DG (crazy people)
    [*]EOI Cooler
    Actually a soft cooler from my work, but it's a perfect DG bag that keeps cans/bottles cold and is the perfect size and shape for about 12-14 discs and cold drinks.
    [*]Westside Standard
    My Ex's, torn to crap, should prolly be tossed
    [*]DD Cadet x3
    Spare set ups in the back of my car filled with neutral/understable discs for friends that don't play much or giveaways for new players.

Two Bags only use one though. It is a Modified Vertex Angler Backpack. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3307023&postcount=21 Main bag at about $82 with modifications.

The other is a 2007 tournament Discraft bag with Outcast fishing backpack straps added to the bag and a soft stroller bottle holder semi-permanently pined on to the bag with safety pins. It was a full year before they came out with the backpack otherwise I would be using that as my bag with a clipped on Innova stool, the X style one for the old sling style setup but in a way to not interfere with the straps of the backpack. Oh and a second bottle holder semi-permanently attached to the bag with safety pins.

I just looked at my Disc Golf Bags today and I have more like 2.5 bags as the last of them is the low end Throwback Sports Disc golf bag and that is more a soft cooler type thing then actually a disc golf bag. That Throwback Sports one is more like 1/2 a disc golf bag half a cooler. I am going to use that Throwback Sports bag as cooler then a disc golf bag.

Last edited:
USA Gecko as my main bag.
Fade Crunch if I need more.
DD Cadet that gathers dust and is only used for disc storage.

UPD Rebel: courses where I need 20-22 and multiple drinks
UPD Shift: if I only need </= 17 discs and minimal drinks (if course plays back near car for example).
DD EZ Cart w/ 1st run UPD Rebel: semi permanent set up. Long open courses where I might need an umbrella or some rain gear / multiple layers.
Voodoo Karma: has Straight Jacket backpack straps, used as an overnight bag for traveling tourneys
Innova Discarrier w/ Phenix QS: gym bag. Slightly dusty.

(2) Revo DualPacks
(2) Golf Mahals
(1) Ancient Lightning should bag
(1) Revo Carolina
(1) Innova Competition
(1) Ergo 2
(1) DD Sniper
(1) Grip A series
(1) Fade Crunch

Curious how many disc golf bags, backpacks or carts you hardcore players have currently?

I have 2. A shift and a rebel. The shift is almost always my tournament bag. I use the rebel when I have new discs to throw or want to work on specific molds at the course and carry more than my standard 17.

My wife has 2 - an old burnt orange/grey gripEQ L-frame, and a new gripEQ discraft B-series which she currently uses the most.

My son has a ledgestone blue camo bag.

I've got 4 bags and none cost more than $35.

Ching cooler bag - This was my first real bag. Previously I'd carry discs and Gatorades in a plastic shopping bag.

Lightning Large bag - This was my main bag for at least five years. I got it because the Ching bag would tip over on any noticeable slope. It was retired for the Fade when I finally admitted to myself that I wasn't throwing half of the discs that I was carrying. It had a second life, mounted on the back of a jogging stroller, for a few years when my boys were small enough to stay in the stroller.

Fade Crunch box - Right size replacement for the Lightning. This was phased out when I mounted the Lightning on the jogging stroller. My five year old occasionally uses it, but I usually end up carrying it halfway through the round.

Academy Backpack bag - This is my current bag of choice. I can carry my 9 or so discs, plus a couple for my boys and a few for my wife on the rare occasions that she joins us.

The Fade and Lightning are currently used to store backups and the Ching is used once in a blue moon as a cooler. The Academy bag is the only one that I actually use for rounds anymore.

1. a home made zuca cart is my primary bag
2. Superhero backpack for courses i cant use the cart and i keep it filled with extra discs in the car
3. innova deluxe I keep at a family members house so I dont have to travel with my discs
4. innova competition bag that I keep filled with putters to practice with

1) Grip AX15
2) Zuca backpack cart
3) Fade Tourney bag (trunk bag full of misc discs for practice)
4) Innova shoulder bag (trunk bag full of putters)
5) Magellan backpack bag modified & repaired a few times (buried in closet, going to toss it in the trunk & pay someone to take it) :p

Hmmmm? Thats a tricky question but if I had to answer it I'd say three of every mold I throw at least. I see where you're going here though and I get it. I have only bought one bag ever, was a gift actually from the wife so I'm sure for that reason i will keep it longer than I "need" to.

Ha. Three of each mold. I'd get the sweaty shakes if I ever had less than 8 of every mold I throw...and only feel REALLY good if I have about 20 (or more).

Bags:
Ching clamshell -never really gets used

Fade Lite -first bag...still use it for light traveling frisbee needs

Voodoo JuJu (right now I've just got ribboned discs in there)

Grip A -workhorse

2nd gen Ridge Roller -before Zuca got involved...mostly tourney use, or heavy drinking rounds so I can carry a cooler

I will probably need a new backpack in the next year or so (need is a strong word,but you know) and am contemplating a Ridge Roller backpack/cart combo. We shall see.

I currently have three...

Upper Park Rebel: Tournament bag for competitive rounds

Upper Park Pinch: Smaller setup for casual rounds, tags, leagues, etc.

Fade Crunch Box: Used for winter rounds, glow, and auditioning new plastic

Ha. Three of each mold. I'd get the sweaty shakes if I ever had less than 8 of every mold I throw...and only feel REALLY good if I have about 20 (or more).

Bags:
Ching clamshell -never really gets used

Fade Lite -first bag...still use it for light traveling frisbee needs

Voodoo JuJu (right now I've just got ribboned discs in there)

Grip A -workhorse

2nd gen Ridge Roller -before Zuca got involved...mostly tourney use, or heavy drinking rounds so I can carry a cooler

I will probably need a new backpack in the next year or so (need is a strong word,but you know) and am contemplating a Ridge Roller backpack/cart combo. We shall see.

The question being how many do I need. Necessity calls for a beat in, slightly less beat in and a fresh of my molds. Now what I have and carry. Different story.

I have 5 bags now, only 3 see any use:

Simian: Main bag, perfect for my needs. I use 11-14 discs and they fit perfectly in the main storage compartment. It holds plenty of water and other gear. Love the seat too!

UPD Shift v4: Former main bag, now I use it for rainy rounds and as a loaner for friends coming to town. Great bag, but lacks the storage of the Simian.

Nutsac: Travel bag

Never used:
Zuca cart: Overkill for my needs and the experience reminds me overly of hauling luggage through an airport

UPD Focus: I discovered that I greatly prefer insulated flasks to hydration bladders, rather a deal breaker for this one.

I have 4. An AX-15 Grip which is my main bag. I also have an older Fade Tourney bag that used to be my main bag before the D-rings started to rip off. It's now in my trunk holding my backup discs. An innova standard bag that I keep around in case I bring a newbie to play. My small MVP bag gets used when I play a couple of the local pitch n putts...

Currently in my possession, in acquisition order -
Fade Crunch Bag - The OG bag for me.
Latitude 64 Pro Bag - I put all my Ridges in there for putting practice.
HyzerBomb Flack - I think it's the first gen, doesn't get used currently.
Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal - Sits Idle Staring at me right now.
Nut Sac - Second Gen with the larger putter pocket
Upper Park Shift - Second Gen with the incorrect stitched pockets, got for a nice discount
Zuca Cart - Ridge Roller variant, bought from Joe!
Infinite Discs Small Bag - Mounted to the Cart for a putter pocket
Dynamic Discs Commander Backpack - GBO player pack, used as a backup for my cart and for car travel when I don't want to haul a cart.

I think that's all, hopeful....maybe.

Last edited:
2 bags and a cart but I hit the wrong one so my vote will throw off the actual numbers and evidently editing a quick response is virtually impossible?? lol but anyways...3 for for me

Grip C-15, main bag
Innova deluxe, In the trunk storage of extra and practice discs
Fossa Pro, Only use for tourneys when there's a chance of rain
Fade Crunch box, pretty much only use this in the mud or winter (pretty beat, my first bag)
2 Innova Standard bags, one new and still in the package, one thrashed. Use it for quick minimal disc rounds.