• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] How many discs do you own?!

How many discs do you own?

• 0-25 (Just enough for my bag)

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • 25-50 (I got backups yo)

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • 50-100 (I got backups...for my backups)

Votes: 41 27.0%
  • 100+ (I got 99 problems and a disc ain't one)

Votes: 70 46.1%

• Total voters
I would have liked to include a poll. I have around fifty. They were almost all acquired in the last year. Two years ago I had my bag of eight discs stolen, then another set of ten stolen. At the time those were about all the discs I owned and threw em all. Something happened last year and I started having to try new discs and find sweet used ones at pias. I'm super glad I wasn't throwing rocs at the time and still have a super sweet kc roc from my first ever tournament. The disc I've had the longest has always been my favorite.

Just a little over a year ago I had right around 125 teebirds alone. I sold off a lot and I'm down to about 3 to 4 hundred discs total.

About two hundred. And I'm gonna try to let it shrink down by attrition for a while. Been neglecting my other hobbies too long.

I'd guess I've got somewhere around 150 or so, maybe more. I got rid of most everything that wasn't a back up a while back, but I have a penchant for acquiring Wizards, so I'm not really sure.

Between my wife and I, probably 200-250. 50 of those are backup wizards for both of us, another 30 are my backup rocs, another 30 backup drivers between the two of us then a bunch of random crap I've been too lazy to sell or trade.

Around 200.

100 are put away gaining value.

45 are divided between 3 themed bags.

30 are back-ups of my top 10 favorite discs.

25 are this and thats.

about a hundo at the moment, and maybe another forty that I've lost/traded/retired over the years. I could really use another couple dozen buzzzes though.

My disc organizer says 584. 60 of those are my kids, so 524? Whatever it is, it's not enough. :|

17 are wizards. 4 pink softs for putting/driving, some firm OG for OS/possible cycling candidates, some firm slick softs to see if they break into good firm putting putters. a seasoned older tacky OG for until my a pink soft gets beat in, some i no longer need that are in the MP.

i only throw what is in my current sig, so i am definitely trying to streamline.

in my bag i keep 8 wizards for putting/driving practice, only 2-3 get thrown. also have 1 zone, 1 blaze, 1 alias, 1 tangent, 3 PD2's, 3 PD's. could probably get by with 2 PD, but meh. i'm already pretty minimalist.

so i own 35, only 6 or so discs get regular use.

60. 12 are bagged, 21 are backups, discs I may go back to, or sentimental for some reason. The others are trades now, discs that didn't really work out for me.

Hmmm.... Should I be impressed and try to get to 500 discs, or be glad I don't have that many?

60. 12 are bagged, 21 are backups, discs I may go back to, or sentimental for some reason. The others are trades now, discs that didn't really work out for me.

Hmmm.... Should I be impressed and try to get to 500 discs, or be glad I don't have that many?
Be glad. They take up a lot of space.

My disc organizer accounts for 106 right now, but that includes minis and Wham-Os: 37 wall hangers, 6 in my wife's bag (even though she doesn't really play), 7 in my daughter's, 18 backups, 23 in the main bag, and 15 for sale. I've had maybe 400 go through my hands at one time or another so far. :eek:

Latest posts