• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] How many discs do you own?!

How many discs do you own?

• 0-25 (Just enough for my bag)

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • 25-50 (I got backups yo)

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • 50-100 (I got backups...for my backups)

Votes: 41 27.0%
  • 100+ (I got 99 problems and a disc ain't one)

Votes: 70 46.1%

• Total voters
Moving this thread out of general discussion and into the disc section kind of killed it

I'm wondering that so many players here have +100 discs. Most discs I've owned at once has been nine I think, and now I have 6. Okay, I've been playing for only half a year but I can't imagine myself having +50 or +100 discs.

Any of us that have 100+ discs are generally collectors, I doubt that anybody would need that many backups. My walls are decorated in plastic!!

I only have about 20 discs...pretty jealous of some of these disc collections I am seeing!

i plan on giving a lot of my extra mids and putters away this year to new people

i plan on giving a lot of my extra mids and putters away this year to new people

I did that for a while until I ran out of beginner friendly discs. Now I keep a stock of understable drivers, neutral/understable mids, and neutral putters.

im glad to see the high numbers i see. my friends friends thought i was crazy beacuse i just started playing disc golfand i was up to 20 disc in no time and i just ordered 13 more.. i wish i would of found this addiction earleir in life

Any of us that have 100+ discs are generally collectors, I doubt that anybody would need that many backups. My walls are decorated in plastic!!

I always assumed kind of the opposite...that those of us who had more than 100 just liked trying out new plastic, and never got rid of the ones we bought.

I always assumed kind of the opposite...that those of us who had more than 100 just liked trying out new plastic, and never got rid of the ones we bought.

I have about 100, half are collectors.. Might be time to get rid of some collectors and get some more backups though. 15 of my throwers are judges.. so yeah lol

Questions for those of you who have these collections:
-How did it start?
-What do you do with all of them?
-Do you plan on selling them eventually?
-What does your family think?
How did it start?
It started because my uncles were addicted, I loved hanging out with them & I liked disc golf. As I got older I liked meeting new people & the fact that it was free to play at local parks. Competition, specifically leagues & tourneys have kept me playing & trying to improve for years. Its also always been a great way to enjoy nature & chill with friends.

What do you do with do all of them?
I hang rare, OOP, tourney, collectible & uniquely dyed discs on the walls of my bedroom & disc room. The rest of my collection is in homemade shelves that are screwed into the walls around a room I have dedicated to only disc golf. I have them separated on the shelves by mold & plastic.

Do you plan on selling them eventually?
Maybe a few CE or collector discs but besides that no. I keep my discs to give to people I introduce to the game & obviously for me to enjoy throwing.

What does your family think?
My girlfriend has liked disc golf since before I met her, so she approves but complains that I have to many discs. Though she doesn't complain when shes switching discs in & out of her bag (which happens a couple a times a week :p). She steals all my pink discs :(. My mom accepts but doesn't support my addiction. Shes told me for years now "You spend more money on disc golf than a drug addict spends on crack".

Haha my bad bro your collection blew my mind. How long has it take to collect all of them?!
It has taken most of my life to acquire them all but a majority of my collection is from the last 5 years. I only had a couple hundred until about 5 years ago when I started taking disc golf very seriously. Since my first legitimate job disc golf has taken a majority of my money. Even before that as a kid I used money from mowing lawns & shoveling snow.

Here's a quote from an earlier post of mine in this thread for more insight on how I got my collection.
I'm not rich by any means its just been years of collecting. I started playing disc golf when I was in my toddlers (just walking & carelessly chucking a disc with my family) & started collecting in middle school. I used money I got from shoveling snow & mowing lawns & spent it all on discs. Since then (I'm 18) I've spent a good chunk of any money I've gotten from working on discs. Around 75% of my discs I bought or I won at a tourney/league. Around 25% of them are discs I found/traded for. I've never really went out looking for discs I just kind them on the course or in the water when I'm looking for one of mine I threw in the drink. I disc recklessly so I guess I just end up in places where people lose discs a lot. I've always believed in calling peoples numbers if they're on a disc & like when people do the same. When I called a lot of the original owners they told me to just keep the disc or a lot of times when I would meet up with them to give it back they would give me money or other discs. All the money I got just went to buying more discs. As of the end of last summer I had multiples of every Innova disc in production in every plastic & a decent amount of OOP discs. I'd say my collecting is 70% Innova & the other 30% is a little bit of every other company.

Latest posts