• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] How many discs do you own?!

How many discs do you own?

• 0-25 (Just enough for my bag)

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • 25-50 (I got backups yo)

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • 50-100 (I got backups...for my backups)

Votes: 41 27.0%
  • 100+ (I got 99 problems and a disc ain't one)

Votes: 70 46.1%

• Total voters
I feel like this thread exists already somewhere, but I'll bite:

Too many. I don't even know anymore. I think I'm up to 49 Gazelles, somewhere around 10 Buzzzes, 8 Ions, and multiples of just about everything else I own... I had around 98 at one point, but sold some and bought more... Meaning that it's probably "only" around 150.

As for which ones are which? I'd actually have to count them to figure that out. But I do have quite a few guaranteed hangers, including a 4x Gazelle, a 7x signed by The Champ, 8x, 9x-11x tie dye Gazelles, a field dressed one, a mint black circle stamp with rainbow (thanks Philly), a "near mint" green 11x, a Jeff Ash Drone, and a '13 USDGC Roc that I overpaid for because I was drunk and the Seahawks were winning. There are quite a few others that I don't plan on throwing or selling, but these are the ones that absolutely will not see the course under any circumstances.

All of my other discs are bagged, backups, glow, or field work discs.

Over 2000, I only put the discs I carry in my bag on the disc organizer...though if I took the time to enter them all I could get some achievements. I have a room dedicated to just disc golf, it has homemade shelves around the room. I also have the walls of my bedroom & part of my "disc room" covered in OOP, Cool Dyed, Tourney & Ace Discs.
Sorry for the large picture
969421_704866792856936_1830604158_n.jpg

Let come over and browse your discs like records. It would be the greatest day ever!

Some of you are OOC... out of control.

I know I have over 100, but there's no way it's over 200. I ain't counting.

Last edited:
Some of you are OOC... out of control.

I know I have over 100, but there's no way it's over 200. I ain't counting.

I agree it's over 100 but I'm not counting. There's 20 collectibles on my wall then I ran out of room. I have a big box full of throwers and my bag and a smaller box with more collectibles so probably 140ish.

N+1
N being the number of discs I currently own.

I have a few in the mail right now. Including 3 new e* teebirds.

Sometimes I get a shipment of 10 or more wizards from gateway. Things can get out of control quickly.

I refuse to do an exact count.

Too many, man. I had it pretty narrowed down... I was down to like 50 or so after giving some away... then the Axiom discs came out, Servo, I decided to try the Ibex, the M5 proto, get some backup organic Wizards... now I think I'm back up to like 70. Argh.

I have more putters than anything, for practice. 4 Envies, 4 Wizards, 3 Ions, etc.

I don't have any "collector's" discs, everything I have I would either potentially bag, or loan to friends. (I have things like Discraft Hawks and Discraft Impacts that are just for friends/newbies.) I even have 2 extra bags I use as loaners.

Last edited:
Been playing a year, have about 70 discs. Got about 8 wizards, a few rocs, and a set of glow discs, then whats in my bag. The other 25-30 or so are ones I picked up and didn't like, won at tournaments, or retired in favor of something new. I currently have 24 in the bag.

Ok so since I started playing I have noticed a lot of guys have HUGE disc collections. It seems like most guys at tournaments have at least 2-3 boxes full of discs and many more have "disc walls". Then I joined up on this forum and began seeing guys with literal ROOMS full of discs! This makes me want to know how and why. Also I want to get a feel for the average size of a collection hence the poll.

Questions for those of you who have these collections:
-How did it start?
-What do you do with all of them?
-Do you plan on selling them eventually?
-What does your family think?

Ok so since I started playing I have noticed a lot of guys have HUGE disc collections. It seems like most guys at tournaments have at least 2-3 boxes full of discs and many more have "disc walls". Then I joined up on this forum and began seeing guys with literal ROOMS full of discs! This makes me want to know how and why. Also I want to get a feel for the average size of a collection hence the poll.

Questions for those of you who have these collections:
-How did it start?
-What do you do with all of them?
-Do you plan on selling them eventually?
-What does your family think?

Not that many in comparison: 18-19 playables in my bag, 30 or so waiting to be rotated in, 60 "collector" discs hanging on my garage wall, and another 30 that have no useful purpose other than giving them away to deserving newbies.

As far as collectibles, many first runs, signed USDGC special Rocs, a misprinted POGA 1st Run Cheetah, and many unique memorable course discs (Dela, Woodshed, 1998 European Open, etc.).

Selling them is why? What my family does with them when they plant me in the ground is up to them. I will have a friend that hopefully will manage the collectibles for my family. But heck, at 67, I still have another 30+ yrs to go (and am looking forward to beating the crap out of newbies).

Last edited:
I've got around 60 discs. 16 in my bag, 39 on my wall. And the rest in my closet. Around 10-15 of the 60 are back ups for my bag. The rest were all just discs I wanted to try but didn't fit in my bag.
I started with just a few discs, then a friend that had been playing a long time gave me around 5 discs. Then I just started learning more about discs and I found this website. I wanted to try a lot of the newer companies and try their plastics. Plus I also started buying a lot of putters for practicing.
I have a few wall hangars I will sell eventually, but I'm sure I'll just hold on to most of them for a long time. Most of my friends, that have no idea what disc golf is, that I show my discs to, think it's pretty cool. The ones on the wall are aesthetically pleasing.

I've got around 40-50, with virtually no duplicates. I like trying new discs, and am careful not to buy discs that don't fit my game so I tend to buy, try, and hold on to discs. They may not fit me now, but could be good additions to my bag later. The only duplicates I have are 2 Eagles(dx and star), three Teebirds(dx, champ and star) two VPs (firm and medium) and two Mantis' from the ace race last year. Clearly my project for this year will be settling on a few molds.

No idea of the exact number but I have a 100 count box that's full, several other boxes with various amounts, a bunch in my trunk and 3 bags ready to go. That's not much compared to most people I know.

I enjoy the challenge of multiple, themed bags and keeping up with all of those separate discs so discs that I throw on a regular basis (at least once a week)... 55.

Yet to throw and rotaters... 15.

Investment discs gaining value... 100.

Misc, should get rid of... 25.

Total - 200ish.

20+ on the walls
20+ regular throwers
Another dozen or so backups.
20+ practice putters
A dozen or more loaned out
The rest are collecting dust in my garage and basement.

I have 200. Nearly all of them are from tournament winnings that haven't been thrown. I am just too lazy to put them up for sale :(

I try real hard to keep it under 100.

Latest posts