• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you own?

felixtibs said:
Looks like you have a problem....
(Sigh) That's what my Wife keeps telling me. Actually, 95% of theses discs predate my Wife, and I've been married for 8 years. All this stuff is old.

marmoset said:
Working Stiff- it looks like all your discs are right side up and washed. OCD just like me?
My throwers are not in the picture. There is a 100 count Innova box full of glow and thrown discs right under the bottom shelf.

The discs on edge are unthrown. I was always going to wrap them in plastic, but never got that far. The discs that are stacked are thrown, but they are either a mold I don't throw anymore or retired. I don't wash anything.

DigIt said:
Okay Working Stiff, what's in the card binders up there? Baseball? Football? Magic?
Baseball. Some Hockey and Football as well, but 90% of them are Baseball. The shelf with the mini's and the shelf above that is stacked with sports cards. One of the shelves to the left of the discs is filed with die cast cars and a couple of big crates of hot wheels. I was in my 30's when I got married, so until then I didn't have anyone to spend my disposable cash on but myself. Now none of that stuff is really worth anything and it sits down in the basement waiting for me to die, at which point it will all end up in a garage sale. I'll have my wife post it here so you all get a chance to buy a mint condition Python for $0.25! :p

At one time I had close to 50. All I really have now is what's in my bag, about 10, with about 4 backup discs. I have a few discs I don't throw at all either they do the same as what I already have, or they're old and beaten. I've given a lot of discs away to people who I play with who either want to try something new, or are just starting out.

If I had more money, I'd easily have about 10 more discs.

So...... about 20 discs right now

I think that I have around 30 or so.....I do not have a lot of backups for the discs I throw routinely.....I usually have one backup for the discs in my bag....except for my putters (wizards and warlocks) which I have 4-5 of each for practicing with. Most of the other disc I have are ones that I have tried....and did not like.....or were found or given to me and not a disc I throw. I am sure that I would have more if I had more $$ and was not married with a 4 1/4 month old little girl. As any of you with kids know....baby's are expensive.....but worth every penny! By B-day is in a couple weeks so hopefully my stack will grow a little bit! I must admit though....working stiff's stash leaves me a little (ok a lot) jealous.

oh geez, i just remembered my practice basket -- puts the total up to about 190 golf discs... plus 10 or so catch discs (lids). i really need to get my list up on the sell/trade area and ebay, i could easily get rid of half my discs and not miss anything.

Working Stiff said:
I have to keep my Wife away from this shelf. She yells "EBAY SALE!" whenever she sees it.

june2008082.jpg
:shock:

Wife just saw this picture and said if I ever get that many disc, she will divorce me.

I think I had up to 60 at one time. I gave a few to my nephew and I have sold a few, so i think I am down to about 40+.

Midnightbiker said:
Working Stiff said:
I have to keep my Wife away from this shelf. She yells "EBAY SALE!" whenever she sees it.

june2008082.jpg

Wife just saw this picture and said if I ever get that many disc, she will divorce me.
ditto :lol: :lol: :lol: she had a pretty serious look on her face when she said it too

I have somewhere between 60-70 and my wife thinks that is too many, I usually let her know that she is incorrect though :wink:

I have a friend with about that many discs, Working Stiff. I don't even think his wife realizes it. How does he do it, you ask? Instead of storing them all together where it would be impossible not to notice there are more discs than a person could throw in a lifetime, he keeps caches of them stashed all over the place where women wouldn't usually look. With the farm tools, etc. Just a little tip to help keep your discs from jumping onto ebay without your leave.

worthdan said:
Midnightbiker said:

ditto :lol: :lol: :lol: she had a pretty serious look on her face when she said it too

I have somewhere between 60-70 and my wife thinks that is too many, I usually let her know that she is incorrect though :wink:
The only way I get away with it is that most of the discs predate the Wife.

For functional day to day play it shoots me in the foot. When I need a new disc my wife goes ballistic and yells "All those discs in the basement and you need to BUY ANOTHER ONE!" So I don't have the luxury of changing away from the standard Aviar/Roc/Cyclone/Banshee setup I've had since 1998, because that's what I got. If I had fewer discs in the basement, I could buy four or five Assassins or Voodoos or Predators or whatever and switch up my bag. As it is I can get one or two tops before I'm sleeping on the couch. It has taken me six years to build up a five Wizard stash!

As for the mini's...are you guys serious? I know a guy who has thousands of minis.

MandShowI said:
urh...suure *awkward glance at the man with the excessive amount of minis*
So what did it mean? Best Beef Quality? Burnt, Brown, and Questionable? Big Baghdad Quagmire? What? WHAT?!?!

I hate it when I don't understand the abbreviated lingo. It makes me feel old.

Working Stiff said:
MandShowI said:
urh...suure *awkward glance at the man with the excessive amount of minis*
So what did it mean? Best Beef Quality? Burnt, Brown, and Questionable? Big Baghdad Quagmire? What? WHAT?!?!

I hate it when I don't understand the abbreviated lingo. It makes me feel old.

Don't worry about it. People used to make fun of others that used excessive acronyms by adding additional meaningless acronyms that made no sense. WTFBBQ, AOLOL, etc. Unfortunately it caught on and now it's the cool thing to do. You just can't win. In the above case BBQ meant exactly what it always meant for you. It just didn't belong.

it started as a gamer thing..or at least it did for me.. any who..working stiff if you get a chance ask your buddy for a picture of his..thousands of minis..id love to see what obsession/insanity looks like in mini-disc form lol

It is very possible to acquire shitloads of minis accidentally or incidentally. I have never bought a mini but I have a double digit number of them.